Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Kevin Williamson:

And so it is no great surprise to find President Donald Trump and cronies complaining about election fraud even as President Donald Trump and his cronies were recorded in a telephone call attempting to suborn election fraud, threatening the Georgia secretary of state — a Republican, note — with criminal prosecution unless he should “find,” discovering by some black art, enough votes to swing the state’s election Trump’s way.

I have on many occasions criticized the abuse of the word coup in our politics, but that is what this is: an attempted coup d’état under color of law. It would be entirely appropriate today to impeach Trump a second time and remove him from office before his term ends.

No one who has participated in this poisonous buffoonery should ever hold office again. There was a time when there was a plausible if sometimes self-serving rationale for working for the Trump administration — that the president is a clueless poseur surrounded by crackpots and frauds, and that he desperately needs good counsel from responsible adults. But the Trump administration is not currently under the guiding influence of any such responsible adults — and there simply is no defending what it is up to. This cannot be excused or explained away.

There simply is no defending the post-election shenanigans he is currently up to.

Comment

• Reason why buffoons like trump get elected is because middle america working class Joes are tired of being called sexist/racist/homophobes. Tired of our police being villified and teh cancel culture mentality that if you say or think the wrong word that 10 years ago was completely benign--you are labeled a cancer and person non grata. tired that not only can you call yourself anything but you can compete as anyhting and move around freely with no regard with what you are born with totally penalizing women of this country. tired of no accountability--no bail no charges no accountability for the billions of damage done in rioting but under the right flag/banner you're allowed to do anything you want.

we will see what happens. future conservative voters are dying off to replaced by an entire generation that gets its news from social media--they have become the new guardians of our republic They will shape the parameters for decades to come on what our young voters consider important when they fill in that ballot. every national contest is gonna get hundreds of millions from big tech to shape the preferred outcome.

shame to see free speech and freedom of the press be replaced by a conglomerate that can has the power to lift you up or shut you down based on whether they agree with your posts or not. or your reporters. or your editorials

say the wrong thing and you will be run out of business or fired by your employer
      Last edited by crashcourse; January 5, 2021, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• No charges in the Jacob Blake shooting. Shocker. Can’t wait for Kyle to be exonerated.

Comment

• Crash, methinks you give 'big tech' far too much influence. I have never been on Facebook, never twitted, instagrammed or whatevered on social media. This and a couple of hobbyist forums are as close to social media as I come. Big tech can neither lift me up or hold me down. But it isn't a non-influence. Its not big tech that's the problem, its sheeple's willingness to spurn intellectual independence and engage in cult behavior.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Exactly right, why anybody goes on Facebook is beyond me.

Comment

• Comment

• This is where previous SECDEF's concern voiced last week about martial law being declared by Trump and him extending his term as president bears listening to.

It would be a lawful order. Would the service chiefs comply?
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  No charges in the Jacob Blake shooting. Shocker. Can’t wait for Kyle to be exonerated.
                  Bigger question is, will they riot in Kenosha at -10 below zero?
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Certainly seems like the Ds will both win tonight and gain full control from of the government.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I wonder if all these Georgia counties deliberately decided to count absentees first, so that it would be the Dems this time that go out to a lead and slowly see it chip away.

Gurus I follow would rather be the Dems right now than the Republicans, but it's very close. They base this off of a handful of rural deep red counties that are fully reported and show turnout dropped there from Nov. more than metro Atlanta.

Comment

• Btw I keep forgetting this but the Warnock-Loffler winner has to run again right away in 2022. They’re only completing the remainder of Johnny Isaakson’s term

Comment

• Warnock will lose big in 2022, but the damage will be done.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            It's laughable that anyone is still contesting the Michigan results. He lost and lost badly, there was nothing fishy about it. Weak politicians who have no power center themselves have to go along with this charade.
                            Yep , but the Senate Majority Leader Shirkey says looking into the 2020 election will be a major priority this year and will last well into 2021. He also mentioned looking for voter ID laws (ie decrease the voting poll).
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I saw reporting earlier today that the three states Republican Senators will agree to contest tomorrow are Arizona, Georgia, and Pennsylvania. As of yet no one had volunteered to do it against Nevada, Michigan, or Wisconsin.

Ted Cruz chose Arizona so that he could go first, lol

Comment

• Loeffler and especially Perdue still can win but based on the anecdotal stuff I've been seeing, rural Georgia isn't coming through for them tonight. They need a lot of suburbanites who voted for Biden to turn out for them in Cobb and Gwinett. Or at least stay home.

Comment

Working...
                                X