No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is racist for a white boxer to knock out a black man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Floor nurses and MAs are pretty easy to hire and fill staffing needs.
      Used to be easy to hire. Huge RN shortage right now. They are offering staff nurses $5000/week to go work in North Dakota and New Mexico and what have you.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• "You know how to do it."

"Make them pay."

Eo0N9ZGVEAEOpjV?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
        Last edited by Hannibal; December 9, 2020, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• The party that calls for violence against their opposition would certainly never sink so low as to do something like cheat in an election.

Comment

• yeah DSL tried to explain all those spikes between 3am and 6am in those 4 cities as mail in ballots coming home to biden. But 4 states closed/suspended ballot counting all at the same time that night followed by a sudden spike in numbers that millions of mail in biden supporters just magically got their ballots counted between 3am and 7 am overcoming a quadrillion to one chance

far as the lawsuit goes you now have 5-6 states signing up --and theres a good chance of more. fact that the supreme court wants those 4states to come up with a response by 3 tommorrow tells me good chance SCOTUS is on board.

funny as hell swalwell screaming trump is russian operative for last 3 years while he's doinking a chines spy who got him set up in congress in the first place--LMAO
            Last edited by crashcourse; December 9, 2020, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• The SCOTUS will, at most, listen to the case, but I'll be shocked if it's not a 9-0 decision in favor of punting the issue back down to the states.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Used to be easy to hire. Huge RN shortage right now. They are offering staff nurses $5000/week to go work in North Dakota and New Mexico and what have you.
                If that's all they're offering for ND, I'm not surprised that nobody wants to go.

Comment

• I'd like to punt you back to the states...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It's going nowhere. You know why?

Because...There was no voter fraud.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• None?
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• all i know is we are > 30% covid patients
                        ...... and I'm assuming that at 30% COVID admissions and cancelling of elective surgeries, there's maybe some concern within administration but nothing suggesting that staff are overwhelmed or there is a crisis.

You bring up another important issue: the spit between patient management that is high intensity, e.g., critical COVID patient on a ventilator, and low intensity, a stable patient admitted through the ER with chest pain and elevated cardiac enzymes for observation or even a stable COVID patient not in the ICU. IOW, you can have reported hospital census at 90% capacity with, as in Crash's circumstance, 20% COVID admissions and of those 10 low intensity and 2 high intensity.

The point is that there's a lot that goes into a hospital census that bears on whether or not staffing is sufficient before you can conclude that the hospital is overwhelmed. The model is attempting to make this black and white based on insufficiently robust data. Nothing new ...... journalists taking a complex COVID issue and trying to make it fit the crisis narrative they want to build.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Professor in Texas lawsuit: Odds of Biden winning all four contested states ‘less than one in a quadrillion to the fourth power’

Joe Biden’s “victory” that was manufactured in the early morning hours following Election Day was improbable. We knew that. But when we put the numbers to the test based on known data and reliable prediction models, it turns from improbable to outright impossible according to a professor named in the lawsuit filed with the Supreme Court by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton.

Rutgers Professor Charles J. Cicchetti, Ph.D., worked out the numbers based on the lead President Trump had before vote counting was suddenly and inexplicably halted in the late hours on Election Day, only to be resumed in some cases without observers present. His calculations were based on historical data, most prevalently voting patterns in the 2016 election, and concluded that it is essentially impossible. According to the lawsuit:

9. Expert analysis using a commonly accepted statistical test further raises serious questions as to the integrity of this election.

10. The probability of former Vice President Biden winning the popular vote in the four Defendant States—Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin—independently given President Trump’s early lead in those States as of 3 a.m. on November 4, 2020, is less than one in a quadrillion, or 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000. For former Vice President Biden to win these four States collectively, the odds of that event happening decrease to less than one in a
                          quadrillion to the fourth power (i.e., 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,0004). See Decl. of Charles J. Cicchetti, Ph.D. (“Cicchetti Decl.”) at ¶¶ 14-21, 30-31. See App. 4a-7a, 9a.

11. The same less than one in a quadrillion statistical improbability of Mr. Biden winning the popular vote in the four Defendant States—Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin—independently exists when Mr. Biden’s performance in each of those Defendant States is compared to former Secretary of State Hilary Clinton’s performance in the 2016 general election and President Trump’s performance in the 2016 and 2020 general elections. Again, the statistical improbability of Mr. Biden winning the popular vote in these four States collectively is 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,0005. Id. 10-13, 17-21, 30-31.

Comment

• A comeback for the ages!

Comment

• Vote counting was suddenly and inexplicably stopped.

Beahahaha!

Good Lord, man. That has all been explained. The same as every one of these “proven” conspiracies. Over and over and over...

Give it up. The Mango Mussolini lost. The lawsuits are bullshit.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                                yeah DSL tried to explain all those spikes between 3am and 6am in those 4 cities as mail in ballots coming home to biden. But 4 states closed/suspended ballot counting all at the same time that night followed by a sudden spike in numbers that millions of mail in biden supporters just magically got their ballots counted between 3am and 7 am overcoming a quadrillion to one chance

far as the lawsuit goes you now have 5-6 states signing up --and theres a good chance of more. fact that the supreme court wants those 4states to come up with a response by 3 tommorrow tells me good chance SCOTUS is on board.
                                LOL...the faster the briefs are filed, the faster they can dismiss it.

Once both briefs were in for the PA case, within an hour the injunction was denied.

I guess Missouri and 16 other states Trump won filed a "friend-of-the-court" brief. it doesn't really seem to say what Texas wants is right; just that the court should listen.

You can read it here. Thank God Yost isn't one of the signatories.

Here are some major flaws in all of these lawsuits

* In the case of Pennsylvania, conservatives had 13 months to file a lawsuit claiming mail ballots were unconstitutional. They only did so after Trump had lost. That's a major signal to ANY judge that you don't really think the system is illegal, you just didn't like the outcome. In fact, the mail in ballot system was designed by a Republican-majority legislature.

* They are arguing that ONLY the presidential race should be invalidated. Huh? How can those ballots be invalid for the Presidential race but are acceptable for all the other races?

* One argument that's pretty similar across these lawsuits is that the Constitution "ONLY" allows state legislatures to run the elections. So any changes, however small, made by a Governor, or a Secretary of State, or a local judge, or a Board of Elections, that were NOT also approved by the state legislature are ILLEGAL.

A problem with that argument is that there are problems or emergencies in every single election where there isn't time to get a legislature involved. No, a judge doesn't need the legislature's permission to order a polling place be kept open an additional 75 minutes because it didn't open on time. So in principle, yes, other authorities do have some discretion. Another problem with that argument is that in nearly all states, INCLUDING TEXAS, Governors extended voting hours or added additional voting locations due to covid. The vast majority of which wasn't voted on by state legislatures.

So why isn't Texas suing every single state that made "illegal" changes instead of just four key states that are critical for swinging the election to Trump?

Comment

Working...
                                X