No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to Google "tervis" to see what it was.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Tervis sounds like something Talent would have died from in the 19th century.

Comment

• That’s why you’re the Alabama of posters.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don't warrant an honorable mention for the occasional horrific pun? Guess I'll put it with all the other warrants....
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            That’s why you’re the Alabama of posters.
            Well, I'll be rebuilding soon enough so get your yucks in while you can.

AA, while I certainly can't quibble with the top of your ranking, I hate to point out that you missed a golden opportunity to rank Talent/DSL #11.

Comment

• Again, that's why Mike is the UAT of Posters.

Hopes and prayers for your rebuilding efforts, but for now, you're still an unstoppable juggernaut of hate and destruction.

Comment

• Why Loeffler and Perdue need to lose their run-off elections today: According to Ross Douthat writing in the NYT, to diminish Donald Trump's ability to bestride the Republican Party. He makes a point. For the R's to recover on the national scene, he opines, a good start, ironically it would seem, the two R's running in GA need to be defeated. The fear of the current liberalism or, worse, what is brewing, can be thwarted in many ways even if the D's achieve a 50-50 split, Schummer becomes SML and Kamala would be the deciding favorable vote on any crazy shit AOC might be able to advance.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I would greatly prefer a Perdue win today but it ain't happening. D's will sweep them both and claim some huge mandate as a result.

Comment

• Mike is correct. The Ds are going to win.

And then the perpetually stupid Douthat line of "Rs need to lose big to get stronger" will bear fruit. LOL. It's so blindingly stupid on so many levels not the least of which is that the Georgia elections will have zero impact on PDJT's continued efforts to try to dominate the R party. The only immediate and direct effect is to put the likes of Warnock in the Senate. Which, apparently, is a victory for the Rs.

Comment

• Marjorie Taylor-Green, one of the two QAnon believers elected to Congress as Republicans, was given more speaking time at Trump's rally last night than Kelly Loeffler (and Perdue has been in quarantine). In theory the purpose of the rally was to promote the Senate races but of course it was far more about Trump reading his laundry list of grievances. In Loeffler's very brief remarks she promised (for the first time) to oppose electoral votes from Georgia tomorrow. Trump then quickly dismissed her and said "thank you, darling".

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        Poster ratings for December 2020:

1. Mike. I don’t know a lot about this guy, but he’s funny. Well done, “Mike”.

2. hack. Excellent commentary on politics. Keep it up, sir.

3. Jeff Buchanan. He comes in, drops a Covid tome, and leaves. Nicely done.

4. froot. His white-hot hatred of Ryan Day is a constant. He’s the North Star of this forum.

5. WingsFan. He used an obscure word in a post. I forget what the word was now, but that’s still good enough for 5th place.

6. Liney. His admission that he can drink a Tervis full of mayonnaise in 7 seconds flat is impressive. Gross, but impressive.

7. CGVT. He was in the Coast Guard, and that’s almost like being in the military. Thank you for your cervix.

8. Cody. Cody is wrong in most of his opinions he shares here, but he puts them out for all to see. That’s bravery, folks.

9. Hannibal. He’s this forum’s Newt Gingrich and he’s sometimes an angry little elf, but you never have to guess what he’s thinking.

10. WM Wolverine. Level-headed, smart, good commentary. I often wonder if he’s in the wrong forum.

11. Tom W. Who doesn’t like the Dukes of Hazzard? Also, he’s funny and should really post more.

Dropped from rankings:

DSL. His refusal to get a fair treatment to the Braveheart documentary really dropped him. You can’t expect much from a graduate from the Ithaca campus of DeVry.

Talent. His sandbaggery is some shameful shit. Gone are the days when he would stumble in here full of slivovitz and scrapple and promote buggery and then rage against people who dare question Ohio State’s arduous 2-game schedule in a besotted rage. Sad.

Wizard. STFU.
                        Totally illegal and much fraud. I was going out for a smoke, disgusted with all the fraud in the counting center, when a big van marked "Votes For Mike" pulled up. A couple people got out and I could tell they had on Mike campaign uniforms. They started furiously filling out ballot after ballot right there on the street! And they were talking really loudly saying things like "I can't believe we're getting away with this!" and "Should we fill out the second-place race too? Nah, no time just HURRY". I got a grainy video of the whole thing on my LG flip phone from two blocks away if you want proof it happened.

Comment

• Having a 50/50 tie pretty much means you can get your cabinet picks confirmed and you can do stuff through reconciliation, that's about it. Anybody worried about AOC getting her wishlist through is being willfully obtuse.

Comment

• There are enough moderate Ds like Manchin that will pump the breaks on the worst of the woke stuff, but I'd like to just put it out of reach all together. In these hyper-partisan times it is much better to not have single party control. OTOH, if the Ds win both seats today as expected, I'm sure they will greatly overplay their hand and then get walloped in the midterms. So there's that silver lining.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                              lot of positives on this board

must not be wearing masks and posting within 6 feet from their keyboards

tonya roberts and dawn wells--2021 already sucks
                              Mary Ann died? The most famous Kansan ever? Well except Bob Dole...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                There are enough moderate Ds like Manchin that will pump the breaks on the worst of the woke stuff, but I'd like to just put it out of reach all together. In these hyper-partisan times it is much better to not have single party control. OTOH, if the Ds win both seats today as expected, I'm sure they will greatly overplay their hand and then get walloped in the midterms. So there's that silver lining.

Perdon't will win, the bimbo will not. I don't know where this talk of a dem sweep in GA is coming from. Biden won because some publicly cowering republicans used the privacy of the voting booth to vote against Der Fuhrer. He's gone in roughly 2 weeks so I believe most of those repubs will return to the fold. Dem chances for the Senate were in November, not January.

That Perdue is 'only' an established, run of the mill white collar criminal and not some bubbleheaded Trump cultist should be enough to push him over the finish line.

But I think you're right Mike, a dem sweep will forebode a general walloping in 2022. Maybe that's what's needed. 2 years to undo all the damage America’s Shitstain© has inflicted and then a return to 'normalcy' - all 3 branches not of one party and a Congress not populated by delusional cultists.
                                Last edited by Ghengis Jon; January 5, 2021, 10:15 AM.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X