No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to pre-empt your thunder. I'm sure you can still post something joyous about stock market drop.

I believe hatred of the brown people is the only reason he wants global warming curbed.
    That sounds like a mentally ill psychopath to me, but that would disrupt the narrative.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• As the Chief Mod of this thread, DSL. it was pretty funny that the (left wing) Dayton killer was just crazy but the (right wing) El Paso killer had an agenda. That said, Talent did go overboard with asserting your glee at the stock market downturn. I judge this as a draw.

However, DSL, you get 17,000 DeVry-Cornell demerits for using Hacksaw as an insult.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        As the Chief Mod of this thread, DSL. it was pretty funny that the (left wing) Dayton killer was just crazy but the (right wing) El Paso killer had an agenda. That said, Talent did go overboard with asserting your glee at the stock market downturn. I judge this as a draw.

However, DSL, you get 17,000 DeVry-Cornell demerits for using Hacksaw as an insult.

Comment

• Okay, a guy who retweeted things like "get a gun and learn to use it" and who said things like "kill all the fascists" and "I am not going to wait until others change, I am going to do something ABOUT IT now" is a statement of intent. And he had an automatic weapon. Maybe his sister tried to stop him?

Regardless, the assertion that they are not both bonkers - just the one who is left wing - is beyond silly. And you should know that.
          Last edited by AlabamAlum; August 5, 2019, 01:31 PM.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• 1. Clinton and Obama both said that we needed immigration reform. Easy to find on YouTube. Trump inherited the problem. Suddenly, thousands show up and the Dems say let them in. If Trump says let's see who they are first and they need to follow the legal process, he's labeled a racist by the same people who supported Clinton and Obama. Why? Electoral politics. Yes, he did refer to members of MS-13 as animals, which they are.

2. My opposition is simple math. You can't open the borders to millions of mostly unskilled people and put them on single-payer health insurance and maintain any semblance of solvency. The U.S. money-supply and interest rates are set by un-elected bankers at the Federal Reserve who have helped put us 22 dollars trillion in debt along with spend thrift politicians of both parties, including Trump.

3. Violent extremists from both ends of the spectrum are going to get us a more authoritarian government, and these irresponsible people saying that young white men are all hateful racists are provoking the next attack - which may just be their motive...
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              Okay, a guy who retweeted things like "get a gun and learn to use it" and who said things like "kill all the fascists" and "I am not going to wait until others change, I am going to do something ABOUT IT now" is a statement of intent. And he had an automatic weapon. Maybe his sister tried to stop him?

Regardless, the assertion that they are not both bonkers - just the one who is left wing - is beyond silly. And you should know that.

Comment

• Conceded. The two shootings are not identical. For a host of reasons. The problem, of course, isn't that you label the El Paso shooter a white nationalist, it's that you blame the actions of a crazy person on rhetoric. Not "you" in particular, but at least two of your compatriots have said so in express terms. So, to build on your example, your side is extremely careful to always say that an Islamist terrorist does not reflect the religion. It's fine to identify the motive, but you can't blame the actions of an Islamist on the religion. Welp.

Never let a good tragedy go to waste. Or something like that. It's bipartisan. And in this case it's a cudgel against immigration enforcement folks.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    ...it's a cudgel against immigration enforcement folks.

More importantly, it's against free speech, in general. Before the bodies were cold at the Pittsburgh synagogue, gab had been shut down and so had numerous Twitter, Wordpress, youtube, and Facebook accounts belonging to Conservatives, most of whom had never once advocated violence against minority groups. As of this afternoon, 8chan was down too. They have been in the crosshairs for a while now. I don't know if it's back up yet. Outbreaks of violence and, specifically, mass shootings, are the impetus used by the digital Gestapo to kick in a few virtual doors and silence problematic voices on the enemies list. With "racist" gradually losing its power as a label, the Left is now resorting to this strategy to make sure that they never lose control of the narrative again.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; August 5, 2019, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      Of course, all of this shooting stuff will be pushed to the side -- China devalued the Yuan and the stock markets have responded with a big drop. It's Christmas in August for Strangelove.
                      Well, the markets are still up over the past 52 weeks and, as well, since January 1st. So, Stangewoke can't really be THAT happy.

What will be interesting in the weeks to come is what Xi and Trump will do about the dance they are dancing that has precipitated global economic uncertainty and that is very bad for everybody. Xi doesn't care you shrug? Oh, yes he does and he has a host of national problems that he has to deal with not the least of which is Hong Kong. Trump has an election to worry about and his base is not going to take too kindly to his seemingly careless and "don't care about that" attitude.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post

I don't believe Sandy Hook was fake, but I strongly suspect that the timing of these shootings are not coincidental. The Deep State failed to get Trump on so-called Russia Collusion, and suddenly we have 3 shootings. The far left violent extremists like Antifa attack people, but it's excused by the media because their victims support Trump. I'm half Mexican, but I don't want America turned into Central America because the Democrats want power. Does that make me a white supremacist? Lots of black and brown people agree with Trump. Are they white supremacists? Trump has so far been a disappointment on his professed support of the 2nd amendment. If he caves in again, I may have to believe that he is actually an agent of the deep state and gun confiscation is in our future. Hello Venezuela! One of the first thing Hugo Sanchez did was ban guns.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-18288430
                        Do you guys agree with this about the timing being suspect and the implication of the Deep State coordinating these shootings because they couldn't get Trump on Russia? That is some blockbuster implications.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Rocky brings the crazy.
                            DSL brings the agenda.
                            Talent brings the asshole.
                            I bring the humor and wisdom.

Comment

• I bring beer.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• You win.

Comment

Working...
                                X