No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren has slid ahead of Biden in tonight's "gold standard" Iowa poll.

Warren 22%
    Biden 20%
    Sanders 11%

Comment

• I have maintained since Day 1 that Biden will not be the nominee.

Comment

• I admit, he is much older looking and sounding than I anticipated.

Comment

• Biden has the black vote, Warren don't. He has the best chance of beating Trump, plus his gaffs is part of his charm - his supporters don't care. Just like Trumps supporters don't care about the idiotic things he says.

Comment

• As long as he can make it through the grind till the election time - not sure he will make it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
              Biden has the black vote, Warren don't. He has the best chance of beating Trump, plus his gaffs is part of his charm - his supporters don't care. Just like Trumps supporters don't care about the idiotic things he says.
              The problem is Iowa and New Hampshire are overwhelmingly white. Nevada is after that and it's mostly white or Hispanic. South Carolina is 4th and if he has already lost 3 states...well...

Comment

• Trump has been tweeting relentlessly today and almost all of it has to do with the Biden/Ukraine stuff

Comment

• Yea, I don't read his tweets, unless he tweets something really stupid (more than usual) that people point out.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                    Yea, I don't read his tweets, unless he tweets something really stupid (more than usual) that people point out.
                    Not going to count, but he tweeted probably close 20-25 times about the same thing yesterday (Biden/Ukraine). When he sticks to one subject THAT much he's worried about it. Shared a bunch of videos of his biggest supporters on Fox denouncing the Intelligence Community, Deep State, Biden, blah blah blah. The whisteblower is a partisan crook and broke the law. The IG (who Trump appointed) is a lying sack of shit and out to get Trump, blah blah blah. Media's covering it all up. Why won't any of them cover this huge Biden scandal (which he then supplements by posting a video with old clips of the media covering this 'scandal' when it emerged three years ago).

Comment

• Comment

• That's true. But the for the long-term I think nominating and electing Warren is a disaster for the Ds. Not quite on the same level as the Rs doing the same with PDJT, but close. They will give back all their gains and then some.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I shouldn't say disaster. It's always better to win. But, I do think the reverb off the Warren win will be huge.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• One of Trump's great strengths as a politician is that he feels no shame in being caught in a lie. Most normal people feel a sense of shame or embarrassment as being caught lying, but Trump lies so frequently and has done so for so long, that it's nothing to him. So when he violently denies having done something, a lot of normal people are going to think, "there's no way he'd deny something THAT strongly if he knew he had done it. He must be telling the truth". But they are assuming Trump feels shame the same way they do. They're wrong. Once he's caught in a lie he'll just shift the topic to something else.

Example:

Trump: I never, ever said that to the President of Ukraine! That's total fake news! I know everyone is listening, I would never do that!

Lawyer: Here's a recording of you saying it

Trump: YOU WERE SPYING ON ME?!? That's treason! Hope you like prison, pal! #DrainTheSwamp
                            Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; September 22, 2019, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              That's true. But the for the long-term I think nominating and electing Warren is a disaster for the Ds. Not quite on the same level as the Rs doing the same with PDJT, but close. They will give back all their gains and then some.
                              Something interesting I've noticed in the past couple weeks is that I'm seeing more and more "Warren is fake" kinda stuff coming from the Bernie camp. That could just be them scrambling to do something as Bernie fades but...there WAS that story about her supposedly promising big donors to 'moderate" or whatever behind closed doors

I am very concerned at this point that Biden doesn't have it in him. I think I was expecting the Biden of the 2008-2012 campaigns. He looks and sounds very old, man. Bernie is his same age and he's way more dynamic and coherent (regardless of what he's saying). I know incoherence is no longer a flaw, in this age of Trump, but still...

Comment

• Jobs, jobs, jobs

pc85zji0hld21.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X