No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Supreme Court rules that photographing and fingerprinting people without a warrant is unconstitutional. Duh.

I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

To me, it's still a matter of personal choice of whether to vaccinate at all or even get boosted if already initially vaccinated. That is because, the tools are available to assess individual risk and those who do choose to go unvaccinated/unboosted can understand the risks of those choices. TBC, (IMO) there is not an appropriate argument that the unvaccinated serve as a pool for the development of variants that could produce more serious illness. That is because the facts support that variants are not becoming more virulent. The facts also support that the vaccinated are not immune to COVID and they can become reinfected. It is, however, indisputable that repeated exposure to the virus and/or vaccines blunt population level serious illness/hospitilization and death.
      I read yesterday that there were 4,000 deaths per day from Covid pre-vaccine. There are now 300/day post-vaccine. Probably an overly blunt measurement, but it does speak to the value of the vaccine whatever its flaws.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        Breaking and as predicted, the fucking Russians fired four Kalibur missiles into the port of Odesa damaging port infrastructure. The report indicated the Russians were not part of the Erdogan brokered grain shipment deal involving the Un. I thought they were. In any event, Putin does not give a shit about global collateral damage his fucking war is causing.
        Shoigu was there to sign the grain deal, as far as I know

Comment

• There's some claims that the missiles just missed the grain storage facilities at the port (which may have been the target). Not even 24 hours after signing the deal.

Comment

• As details of the strike on the Odesa port emerge, Turkey reports that in contacting Russian reps who were signatories to the agreement, they deny responsibility for the attacks.

Ukraine is reporting they intercepted 2 of the 4 Kaliber air launched missiles, shooting them down. There are simple ways to determine if these missiles were launched by their usual platform the TU 160 Bomber. First is impact zone analysis. There will be evidence supporting or refuting the Ukranian claims. Impartial investigation is another question but the UN could do it. Second is western Intel sources. Satellites routinely track this sort of activity and you can be assured multiple overhead resources are focused on the region. Easy. Confirmation in the public domain from these overhead sources is unlikely. Watch for suggestions from US defense officials in a way that does not reveal sources.

In any event, letting this bullshit pass without fingering who did it is bad policy. Does Russia want war with the west? Frankly Putin is pressing all the right buttons to force the west, particularly the US, to draw red lines that they'll repeatedly back away from.

Putin is one smart autocratic fuck if not totally committed to his goals in Ukraine while humiliating democracies that can only whine about his unrestrained aggression and attack on the rules based order since 1945.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• A good meme that essentially sums up the Republican Party...

ed37fe5b903c26db.jpg

Comment

• 3acfcb041193728e.jpg

Comment

• So DSL, Jon and froot are Gen X...

enlightening
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• As a boomer, let me say this wiz: stfu.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• As a Boomer, I second that.

And it was psychedelic pink and purple corduroy bell bottoms.
                      I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Murdoch washing his hands of Trump? NY Post slams MAGA King as unfit for office.

It’s up to the Justice Department to decide if this is a crime. But as a matter of principle, as a matter of character, Trump has proven himself unworthy to be this country’s chief executive …

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                          As a boomer, let me say this wiz: stfu.
                          You...sir...have no right...nor any invitation...to tell me to stfu...

STFU
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Murdoch washing his hands of Trump? NY Post slams MAGA King as unfit for office.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/22/trumps...24-reelection/
                            The right criticisms but for the wrong reasons. Trump should not be re-nominated because he was given four years and didn’t do jack shit with them. Jan 6 was just another example of Trump’s biggest supporters caring more about the issues than he did. He was under no moral or legal obligation to stop the Capitol “violence”, which claimed the life of one unarmed white woman who was executed by a black pro-BLM Secret Service officer at close tange.

Comment

• a2634d816691c9babeb73adde3673944.jpg
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yes your post is CGVT...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X