No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spice adds to the flavor, but if you can't taste anything else, the only point you're making is how much pain you can take. And I'm too old to care..
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
      Spice adds to the flavor, but if you can't taste anything else, the only point you're making is how much pain you can take. And I'm too old to care..
      Agreed. But some heat has to be there.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
        I see a lot more discussion of people want us to contract the size of our military and stop policing the world. I'd say that's more isolationist. I think the idea of the US protecting investments or key interest had lost some of its steam. That doesn't mean everyone feels that way or the majority. I think the there was some trending of larger support. jmo
        Pretty sure the GOP at least is headed 180? the other way, but I hope you are right. The days of dropping smart bombs on old Toyota pickups while our roads crumble need to end. We need to grow up.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          What's funny about that is DSL trotted out that Morton's line like that's a good steakhouse.

Morton's is the A-1 Sauce of the premium steakhouse chains.
          LOL

Comment

• I never thought I see the day when a Republican nominee would poor mouth the United States so badly. That Times interview should be a disqualifier for any candidate, but Trump has uttered 20 other disqualifies in this campaign and he is still running.

Comment

• There are too many people on both sides that vote party lines.. regardless.

Comment

• Perhaps the ballots should not have party affiliation on them. You have to actually research who stands for what and vote accordingly. Of course, that would require literacy on the part of voters, a stretch at best. I guess it would descend into name recognition.

The chair recognizes the Senator from Ohio, Haywood Jablowme...
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  I never thought I see the day when a Republican nominee would poor mouth the United States so badly. That Times interview should be a disqualifier for any candidate, but Trump has uttered 20 other disqualifies in this campaign and he is still running.
                  If Trump doesn't like it here, he should move somewhere else.

'Murica...love it or leave it!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Didn't the old school voting machines used to have a lever you could pull that would vote a straight party ticket, without you having to look at the ballot at all?

Comment

• I think is some states you can do the same thing at the top of the ballot... just fill in All Democrat or All Republican

Comment

• Roger Ailes officially out at Fox

Comment

• The Republican controlled legislature in Michigan recently passed legislation prohibiting straight party ticket voting which a federal judge blocked by granting an injunction to prevent its implementation
                          Last edited by UMStan White; July 21, 2016, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Didn't the old school voting machines used to have a lever you could pull that would vote a straight party ticket, without you having to look at the ballot at all?
                            Yes. I lived out in Iowa for a spell in the late eighties. Where I voted, they had the awesome 7 foot voting booths that both shut and opened the curtain. Brass, steel and wood with the little downward swinging lever-like switches for selecting individuals. Some of the booths had just another switch for straight ticket that locked out the rest of the machine while some had a small lever at the top. Those type you had to still select one switch to select the party before pulling the lever.

Those old voting machines were very cool. They looked 30's-ish.
                            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• It’s too easy to imagine the horror with which statesmen like Abraham Lincoln or Ronald Reagan would view Donald Trump’s rampage through the GOP. I’d like to hear instead from the…

From Garry Kasparov

My article today in The NY Daily News on Donald Trump's love of two of the most dangerous modern -isms: authoritarianism and isolationism.

Obama has walked away from the world. Trump would run away. Obama's apathy has made the world a more dangerous place and the free world needs greater unity today against the growing threats of global terror and autocracy. But Trump is eager to abandon NATO and to make deals with dictator Putin, the former (?) employer of several of Trump's top advisers.

I can imagine a Joe McCarthy or Richard Nixon today, waving a stack of papers and shouting, ?I hold here in my hand a list of names of people at the highest levels of the Trump campaign who have worked for the Russian government under the direction of a former agent of the KGB!? And it would be completely true! After months of mutual admiration between them, Putin finally got a return on his investment in Trump with a critical change in the GOP platform regarding Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Much ado about nothing.

I stated before, and I'll state again.

Hillary can go home after the DNC, sit in her living room with a cold beverage, make a handful of campaign visits to friendly stops, tell Trump to "bite me" if he wants a debate.... and she'll still win. Not only that, she will win big. I'm thinking she'll win at least 52% of the popular vote, and over 300 electoral votes.

Its not even going to be close.

This will be akin to what LBJ did to Goldwater in 1964.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X