No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Jesus is woke, why is his church so unpopular with the Left?

Comment

• Because Christians don't understand Jesus. Only Progessive Elite Atheists understand Jesus.

Idiot.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It's really this simple. As I understand Christianity, everyone has the opportunity to live their lives in a certain way and, if they do, they get the eternal afterlife and if they do not, then, damnation or perhaps purgatory. That's a 100%-no-about-it merit-based assessment of one's life. MERIT. It's pure equality of opportunity and absolutely rejects the idiotic Woke Equity principles of equality of outcome.

That's it. Under the teaching of Christanity, the heaven question isn't "are you black?" -- it's pure merit. And that is a total and complete rejection of Woke.

Nothing else to it. No bible quotes needed. There's zero way to credibly dispute any of that.

Comment

• I go to DC next week. Will be in town for 4 days. Going to a concert and have had the trip planned for a while. I love DC: museums, monuments, buildings (Archives, SC, Pentagon, eg), and restaurants (tons of great places). I’ve done the White House tour for every president since Reagan. I do the tour and then walk to Old Ebbitt Grill. Just a tradition I fell into.

Anyway. Got my denial email last week. Biden’s WH will be the first tour I’ve missed in 40 years. Either I’m a new threat to national security or they don’t want someone to accidentally see Doddering Joe wearing a bib and being fed strained peas by a caretaker.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• So much nostalgia for the pre-20th century past in this forum, a time when life was brutish and short. But hey, no irritating Pride flags.

Speaking of shitty 19th century nostalgia, I saw where both Captain Ron and Pence promised to put the traitorous Braxton Bragg's name back on Fort Liberty. SAD!

Comment

• But, back to Cormac McCarthy -- my favorite American author and probably favorite all-time. Don't let Alabam"Alum" come in here with his Faulkner bullshit. Beat him with a cane if he does.

Blood Merdian remains an absolute masterpiece of American literature. The border trilogy is great. His later works, though perhaps less robust, were still genius with The Road and No Country.

He's just a goddamn great writer. And fuck Alabam"Alum" for his unending bootlicking of some shitbreath Mississippian. JFC. Have some pride.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                I go to DC next week. Will be in town for 4 days. Going to a concert and have had the trip planned for a while. I love DC: museums, monuments, buildings (Archives, SC, Pentagon, eg), and restaurants (tons of great places). I’ve done the White House tour for every president since Reagan. I do the tour and then walk to Old Ebbitt Grill. Just a tradition I fell into.

Anyway. Got my denial email last week. Biden’s WH will be the first tour I’ve missed in 40 years. Either I’m a new threat to national security or they don’t want someone to accidentally see Doddering Joe wearing a bib and being fed strained peas by a caretaker.
                Could your recent overseas trip to a hotbed of terrorism have contributed to this decision?

I know Old Ebbitt Grill probably survives as a quasi tourist trap but I do like that place.

Comment

• Ah, the crazy 20th century -- when a cyclist that won a women's bike race could appear on the podium without his cock and balls showing through the spandex. I get why DSL is so pissed.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    But, back to Cormac McCarthy -- my favorite American author and probably favorite all-time. Don't let Alabam"Alum" come in here with his Faulkner bullshit. Beat him with a cane if he does.

Blood Merdian remains an absolute masterpiece of American literature. The border trilogy is great. His later works, though perhaps less robust, were still genius with The Road and No Country.

He's just a goddamn great writer. And fuck Alabam"Alum" for his unending bootlicking of some shitbreath Mississippian. JFC. Have some pride.
                    And “Pretty Horses” - they all read like poetry. Nothing flowery or overwrought, but intricate and thought-provoking at every turn. One great passage followed by another.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yeah, his writing is astounding. I still marvel at "Each the other world's entire." to describe the relationship b/t boy and father in The Road. Lots of ways to say that.To do it 5 words and to do it so perfectly -- that's Cormac.

"My mother is a fish" -- that can go fuck itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Could your recent overseas trip to a hotbed of terrorism have contributed to this decision?

I know Old Ebbitt Grill probably survives as a quasi tourist trap but I do like that place.
                        Old Ebbitt is just great. Yes, you see a table of tourists from Des Moines next to a table of senators, but I think that’s part of its allure. Also, decent to good food and stiff drinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Yeah, his writing is astounding. I still marvel at "Each the other world's entire." to describe the relationship b/t boy and father in The Road. Lots of ways to say that.To do it 5 words and to do it so perfectly -- that's Cormac.

"My mother is a fish" -- that can go fuck itself.
                          He’s everything Faulkner isn’t. As you know, my hatred of Faulkner is complete. Faulkner inserts ridiculous words in nonsensical ramblings to weave uninteresting storylines that somehow people think is good. I’ll never understand it.

Comment

• Correct

Comment

• Speaking of great literature we lost comic book artist John Romita Sr. yesterday too. Probably among the 2 or 3 best artists to ever draw Spider-Man. Had an iconic run in the late 60's. His first issue is still one of the most sought-after comics from that era.

328?cb=20171229055311.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Speaking of great literature we lost comic book artist John Romita Sr. yesterday too. Probably among the 2 or 3 best artists to ever draw Spider-Man. Had an iconic run in the late 60's. His first issue is still one of the most sought-after comics from that era.

328?cb=20171229055311.jpg
                                He was probably sexist and racist though. Everybody was. That's why comic books had to go woke.

Comment

Working...
                                X