No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Father's Day without my dad. His birthday's in a few weeks too. Gonna be a bit rough,

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Warning to waiters and waitresses of America. If you don't let AA be utterly condescending to you and treat you like Queen Victoria treated her upstairs maids, expect no tip.
      It was quite the opposite, actually. The condescension was on her part. She was feigning that she didn’t understand what I was saying as an opportunity to correct the rube ordering. She was wrong in doing that and wrong in her pronunciation. A double-whammy. And I still tipped her, but probably shouldn’t have.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

First Father's Day without my dad. His birthday's in a few weeks too. Gonna be a bit rough,
        On Father's Day 1987, I spent the afternoon greeting people at the funeral home as they were coming to pay their respects while my Dad's body laid in his casket. I told my wife afterward, that Father's Day would never be the same for me. I was too hurt to ever feel good about Fathers Day again. And almost immediately I thought I heard my Dad say to me, "What about your own kids? Are you going to ruin Father's day for them?". So now, while I have a sad memory of that day, I remember that my kids need their Dad just as much as I needed mine.

Hang in there, Strangelove. You never get over it, but you'll learn to cope.

Also - fellow Coastie salute to CGVT. Have a great Father's Day and don't be such a grouch ... 😎
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Huggins resigns.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

This was the dude who ran an anti-"bloodsport" forum. I may still have a copy of that post somewhere but god knows where. I just remember a reference to Bloodsport IV: Dark Kumite
            The great thing was the British militant vegan had no idea that Bloodsport was a movie. He was trying to respond to Talent seriously. It was just outstanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Y’all need to like posts like this. It’s the pinnacle of my posting.
              No
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                If that's the pinnacle of your posts, you're slipping.
                I liked this post to spite AA...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

This was the dude who ran an anti-"bloodsport" forum. I may still have a copy of that post somewhere but god knows where. I just remember a reference to Bloodsport IV: Dark Kumite
                  Yeah, I rabidly defending Bloodsport against the asswipe's attempts to ban them, but closed noting that I was perfectly fine banning the incomprenhisbly horrific Bloodsport IV: Dark Kumite.

The post was fine. The earnest response was probably the best thing I've ever read.

And best of luck on the day. Won't be great, for sure. My advice is don't watch Field of Dreams.....instead....partake of the Bloodsport franchise! At least the first three.
                  Last edited by iam416; June 18, 2023, 05:50 AM.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

It was quite the opposite, actually. The condescension was on her part. She was feigning that she didn’t understand what I was saying as an opportunity to correct the rube ordering. She was wrong in doing that and wrong in her pronunciation. A double-whammy. And I still tipped her, but probably shouldn’t have.
                    Put another way, Alabam"Alum" could have been a gentleman and agreed with her, but then they'd both be wrong.®

Comment

• Happy Sperm Donor non Birthing Person’s Day to all of you fine members of the gender binary!

Comment

• Well, not to quibble, Hanni, BUT simply because you have no cock and balls, have a uterus AND give birth doesn't mean you can't identify as man and, thus, be a father. Your bigoted implication that birthing persons aren't fathers is particularly offensive in this holiest of all holy months. Dickweed.

Now, I guess using "sperm donor" in conjunction w/ "non birthing person" MIGHT make it ok, but I still personally feel like you're subjecting me to violence which makes it not ok. Dickweed.
                        Last edited by iam416; June 18, 2023, 06:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Put another way, Alabam"Alum" could have been a gentleman and agreed with her, but then they'd both be wrong.®
                          I’m not looking for the Bat Signal of Wrongness so that I can rush to correct people; however, being a gentleman does not mean you should agree with someone who is wrong AND insulting just to take an easier path.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                            Happy Sperm Donor non Birthing Person’s Day to all of you fine members of the gender binary!
                            Those breeders come in handy. Like to keep the human species going. But lets have a day or month to praise the method of extinguishing our existence. It's 😃 if wasn't real.

Comment

• Doddering Joe explains firearms:

Comment

• FACTS listening to John Fetterman and Biden together lowers your IQ considerably

Comment

Working...
                                X