No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, He's pretty good. And he's coherent.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• But he's not crazy so he has no shot.

Comment

• Comment

• DSL...I am buying some property in Delaware from a guy named Robert L. Peters...should I be worried?

Thanks bud!
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Yeah, He's pretty good. And he's coherent.
            I like Ramaswamy, too. Are you concerned that he’s never been in politics? I mean it could be argued that it’s a positive or a negative, I suppose, but most modern presidents have been a governor, senator, or VP before becoming president (Trump, of course, the exception). Does learning the art of back room politics and establishing a network of sorts seem important to you?
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I think the value of "political experience" is becoming less and less with the increasing polarization. Compromise is no longer a sign of capacity to govern, but rather of weakness.

I think the value of the President is now articulating clear ideological principles and clear, specific policies.

I actually think Vivek does that pretty well. He's honed his "craft" going on a fuckton of programs, podcasts, YT channels with friendly to hostile hosts and more than holding his own in most cases.

He has zero chance. Of course. But that's the same chance as everyone else in the R primary.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Will Trump still receive Secret Service protection in prison? If so, that seems like the optimal way to serve time in federal prison or a state pen.

Comment

• He will end of getting "Epsteined"...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

I was responding to Whitney’s specific scenario of a single able-bodied man. Obviously, things increase exponentially once you add other mouths to feed. Especially so since the pandemic.
                    I hear ya. It’s kind of a broader issue than that though. Raising minimum wage ultimately leads to inflation, which puts you back at square 1, so that’s not a realistic solution. I don’t know what is.

Comment

• I like your takes on college and the perils that massive debt lead to. It's imperative for young people these days to maximize earning potential from a college degree while minimizing the expense of the degree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

I hear ya. It’s kind of a broader issue than that though. Raising minimum wage ultimately leads to inflation, which puts you back at square 1, so that’s not a realistic solution. I don’t know what is.
                        So do we as a society owe it to every "able-bodied soul" a wage that meets whatever minimum accepted norm is? Or should we let the market decide? You can argue the latter is cruel and heartless...but I disagree. There are people that obviously need help because of their physical, mental or other situations...I'm only talking about those who have the full capacity to either have the talents, skills, intelligence or work ethic to provide a value to a business owner...and I believe it should be the business owner that determines that value not the state. Otherwise the scales are tilted and you have people being subsidized for work that does not produce the same output as others...who are punished with a lower wage due to this "subsidy". I've seen this first hand in several companies I have worked for as well as the three that I have owned. When output doesn't match the pay you are almost forced to keep that employee unless there is a valid reason (I'm sure many of you had to face EEOC boards before for an "unwarranted termination"...you are guilty until proven innocent btw...) Until you have had to meet a payroll don't lecture me on minimum wage.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Hurricane warning has been issued for southern California...for Hurricane Hillary...apparently this storm is also being blamed on MAGA...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yeah my brother in Palm Springs is gonna have a shitty weekend. They could get 2-3 years worth of rain in just a couple days.

Comment

• I knew that Hillary would get her final revenge!

fuckin' cunt
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Good thing they've been building all those new reservoirs.

Comment

Working...
                                X