No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching Fox tonight was interesting. In fairness to that network, Special Report, Brit Hume, and Megyn Kelly are all Trump skeptics. O'Reilly is trying to straddle a line where he likes Trump but acknowledges his weaknesses. Then Hannity comes on at 10 and it's like a Russian propaganda channel. Every guest is a Trump surrogate (because inviting on a true conservative like Dr. K or Jonah Goldberg risks having them disagree with Sean).

Fox and Friends in the morning is probably the only other show that is even close to so completely uncritical of Trump.

I know I joke about him but he has completely tied himself to Trump, sink or swim.
    Yeah, I'm enjoying the Sean Hannity death spiral.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Sean Hannity isn't part of the club. I honestly never bought into the "insider/outsider" dichotomy before, but it is apparent that there is something like that now. Republican "opposition" has been largely an illusion. Trump has made a lot of enemies in the club over the years. Blue collar folks have always looked up to him because he doesn't act like royalty and he doesn't view the dirty, unwashed masses as cattle to be milked or people who are just stuck in their cab driving and assembly line jobs because they are dumb.
      Last edited by Hannibal; September 28, 2016, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• At least not since he lost access to major financing sources and had to reposition himself as a brand empire instead of a builder, and started cultivating those Russian ties.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
          IDK. We need to ask your old neighbor's mom for clarification.

LOL.. that's a great story.
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
            Because they feel government has let them down and they are being squeezed out in this country. They are rebelling against politics as usual (from both parties), but chose a terrible representative in Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with this.. I think they initially chose him because he was bold. I think they stayed with him because he isn't Hillary but mostly because they've been insulted for supporting him in the first place and they've dug in..

Comment

• Sean Hannity is filling the void left by Glenn Beck's descent into madness.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Danny Willett's brother, making clear what he thinks of US golf fans. Could be a long week for the Masters champ

Comment

• Who said that, ent?
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Danny Willett's brother

Comment

• Willett played his college ball in Alabama (JSU). He had a nice Masters and is playing well. His brother probably just incited the rabble - wonder if that's what he wanted?

Comment

• Well...that seemed unnecessary.

Comment

• so you're saying he spent a lot of time in Alabama...

Comment

• ...the picture sharpens.

Comment

• he learned to like barbecue and southern women.

Comment

• Because he wants to throw out the Mexicans they are competing with for jobs.
                                Correct. And to protect European values.
                                No. 1/3 of my coffee group is Mexican and there is one illegal. You guys are buying what the media is selling. I'm sure there is a racial (and by that I mean "other", not Negroid or Caucasoid) component, but I've known these guys much of my life. Frankly, when you tell Mexican jokes to Mexicans, and they respond with Dutch jokes to Dutch guys, I think that's healthy. These Mexicans are Americans first, and they believe the foundational myths of this country. They, too, resent an illegal influx of persons who not believe in America.

While the idea of "race" has replaced "class" in Marxist thought, the underlying objective is the same: take from the working and give to the non-working.

There is no chance Hillary loses, but, IMO, you should be looking at the danger of powerful groups all agreeing on a particular candidate, even when that goes against their traditional interests. Once the Supreme Court is "neutralized", the way is clear to impose a collectivist system. Hillary will do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X