No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaked internal Republican polls suggest Florida may be sliding out of Trump's grasp.

Comment

• I think Florida has been gone for awhile.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The only interesting part of this cycle is down ticket. The Ds are amping it up sensing a real opportunity. Obama and PAH has gone from "Trump doesn't represent the Rs" to "Trump is the Rs" in less than 2 months.

It's also interesting to see exactly how badly Trump loses. I haven't looked at the most recent RCP/538 stuff, but my sense is that he's actually going to do worse than McCain.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          The only interesting part of this cycle is down ticket. The Ds are amping it up sensing a real opportunity. Obama and PAH has gone from "Trump doesn't represent the Rs" to "Trump is the Rs" in less than 2 months.

It's also interesting to see exactly how badly Trump loses. I haven't looked at the most recent RCP/538 stuff, but my sense is that he's actually going to do worse than McCain.
          The odds seem almost certain that he will lose the popular vote by a wider margin than McCain did. He will underperform in nearly every deep red state. On the electoral map I dunno. Maybe if Hillary can really get Arizona to flip and McMullin takes Utah.

Comment

• Yes, of course re popular vote. Yeah, I was talking EC.

Comment

• President Barack Obama is really working the trail for downballot candidates like he's never done. The missed opportunity of his administration was that he mobilized this huge following and there was never any follow up on it, especially for the 2010 elections.

Comment

• Cook Political Report now predicting the Dems to pick up 5-7 seats in the Senate

We are sorry, the page you are looking for no longer exists or was moved to a new location.

Comment

• Brutal quotes from Republican strategists on Trump continuing to spend significant time in Virginia.

“He’s at 29% in Va.,” Martin tweeted this week. “Which is what you would get if you got nominated, burnt down Monticello, and then went on vacation until November.”

Some Republicans are bitter about the Virginia focus, which they variously attribute to inept campaign strategists, the billionaire’s stubborn pride, and even a desire to protect the Trump brand in a state where the family owns a winery and a golf course. The most positive take was that it was a head fake — a bid to project strength nationally following reports, disputed by the campaign but damaging nonetheless, that Trump was pulling out of Virginia.

“I think it’s an absolute joke, the notion that he would continue to make a pitch for Virginia,” said a senior GOP strategist, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to be frank about the party’s nominee. “It is the most unprofessional campaign in modern presidential history. Don’t assume there’s a strategy.”

Comment

• The fools in my state still think Trump is going to win. "The polls are all fabricated by the dishonest media." "That's what they said about Reagan" "Look at all of the people at the rallies". "It's rigged!"

Local talk radio had a guy that is a "political pundit" on today, a local guy that blogs and writes for a couple of different outlets. He was saying it's over for Trump and that the Repubs should concentrate on the down ballot races to try to be able to stop Hillary. The radio show host was aghast. "But the rallies! The pundit said that they don't matter. Mathematically, the amount of people that attend is insignificant. The host couldn't believe it.

Denial.
                    Last edited by CGVT; October 25, 2016, 09:13 AM.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Cook Political Report now predicting the Dems to pick up 5-7 seats in the Senate
                      Heh. Ohio "leans R". Definitely think the Rs win Florida and I think they'll win NC, too. I think Trump will cost them NH and NV. I also think the Ds win Pa, but I think that's independent of Trump. So, I'd have it at 51.

It'll be fleeting control, but they'll have it for at least one Sup Ct nominee, but with filibustering on the table, hard to see PAH going too far beyond Garland -- in fact, I half expect her to put him up.

Comment

• All the whining about the polls is being recycled from Romney in 2012. The polls were supposedly way off back then too. Until it turned out they were spot on.

And Trump's poll numbers look BAD this morning. New poll in NC shows Clinton +7. Those IBD, Rasmussen, and LA Times polls the Trumpkins have been clinging to? All show Clinton with a small lead today. Literally every tracking poll shows her winning now

Comment

• Brutal quotes from Republican strategists on Trump continuing to spend significant time in Virginia.
                          Honestly, why not send him to a state he can't win and, more importantly, a state that doesn't have a Senate race he can damage?

Right now the game is between the Rs distancing themselves from Trump -- they ought to directly quote Obama for that...heh...except they'd be directly quoting Obama....and the Ds trying to brand all Rs as Trumpians.

Really quite fascinating.

Comment

• And Trump's poll numbers look BAD this morning. New poll in NC shows Clinton +7. Those IBD, Rasmussen, and LA Times polls the Trumpkins have been clinging to? All show Clinton with a small lead today. Literally every tracking poll shows her winning now
                            Yeah, the Trumpkin polls are bad. Not sure, however, about the NYT/Siena poll. But, if the NYT has it nailed then the Ds should win the Senate at 54.

Comment

• Might need to start wondering how many 'establishment' Republicans might not even vote for President now. They might've disliked Trump but were willing to stick with him if he could actually beat Clinton...but now that more people become convinced he's going to lose no matter how they vote, might they just choose to ease their conscience and not bother voting for either?

Comment

• A misleading FoxNews headline on why the early voting numbers are actually good for Clinton. The truth about how things are going well for her is buried down in the article.

1) Dems are participating in Florida early voting far more than in 2008 or 2012.

2) McCain won the early votes 49-32% and still lost Florida. Romney won the early votes by a significant margin. He lost Florida. Trump is ahead by less than 2%

Hillary Clinton’s campaign is touting some “eye-popping” advantages in early voting, in an apparent effort to energize Democratic voters, but preliminary figures suggest the race remains tighter than her aides acknowledge.

Early Florida numbers showed about an equal number of Democrats and Republicans had requested a record 3.1 million early ballots, compared with 2008 when Republicans led 49-to-32 percent and President Obama still won the state.

However, registered Republicans now have a slight lead -- 1.8 percentage points -- in the nearly 1 million ballots received by Friday.

Comment

Working...
                                X