No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do think PAH's wikileaks problem has a fairly long half life. She's fortunate that Trump is sucking the suck out of the room right now, but when she's President-elect and then President then the story will come back and get some primacy.

And she's not going to be able to explain it away by "yeah, those are my words, but Putin!"
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• When the PAH-Kaine ticket is (IMO) the only choice, well, it's sad. I would easily vote for Mitt over her. Or Kerry. Or about 1000 other people.

I just don't get the R voters. I thought McCain-Palin was bad. I didn't think it could get worse, but that's a great ticket compared to Trump-Pence. I'm just anxiously waiting until 2020 for the Mel Gibson-Dog The Bounty Hunter ticket.

The movie "Idiocracy" is becoming more of a prophetic warning than a comedy.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• President Camacho will not stand for any such slight AA. You be warned, sucka.

Comment

• Gonna finish my Brawndo and apologize to him.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The Wikileaks thing will live long but it's not like they have found anything yet that has been very damaging. Maybe they haven't read them all and there is more damaging stuff, but so far it's been pretty tame. It might have been devastating in a close race against a likable candidate.

It will live long like Vince Foster, Travel gate, etc.. Those things never go away as long as there is talk radio and Fox News. If it wasn't wikileaks, it would be something else.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Meh. I know it will dominate the news cycles, but does anyone really think there won't be a smooth transition of power? Trump may cry like a bitch, but whatever. The press will obviously scream...so it's a huge gaffe in that sense, but it's also a totally fanciful statement.
              Probably, but Trump's neanderthal supporters are easily rile and agitated and mentally unstable. Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see a few incidents.

Comment

• Did Hillary really say that the Heller decision had something to do with toddlers? Ha! What everyone needs to realize is that a piece of paper does not grant you the right to your life or its defense. Governments, established by and benefiting a few, act to strip, not grant, rights.

"A man's natural rights are his own against the whole world; and any infringement of them is equally a crime, whether committed by one man, or by millions; whether committed by one man calling himself a robber, (or any other name indicating his true character,) or by millions, calling themselves a government." - Lysander Spooner
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  The Wikileaks thing will live long but it's not like they have found anything yet that has been very damaging. Maybe they haven't read them all and there is more damaging stuff, but so far it's been pretty tame. It might have been devastating in a close race against a likable candidate.

It will live long like Vince Foster, Travel gate, etc.. Those things never go away as long as there is talk radio and Fox News. If it wasn't wikileaks, it would be something else.
                  Which underscores how clean Obama has been. They don't even have that kind of stuff on him, much as they've tried. Either he's an ideal public servant on ethics or he's historically good at covering his tracks.

Comment

• I don't recall incidents like that re GWB, either. I mean, he was destroyed because of Iraq, but no nagging "scandal" I can recall.

It could be that the Clintons are historically awful when it comes to these types of things.

Comment

• Bush had his scandals. he fired US Attorneys for not being partisan enough. he lost 33 million emails. he outed a CIA agent. he led us to war on lies. he authorized torture. He nominated Harriet Miers.

I think maybe it's less to do with the number of scandals and the lack of an echo chamber repeating hem ad nauseum for 25 years.
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Hillary was on top of her game again last night. Starting slow sticking to policies, then poking Trump non-stop, without really seeming that she went low into the gutter. Chinese steel, not paying taxes, groping women, his thought process that every thing that he doesn't win is rigged, even the emmy awards (Trump goes for the bate - saying he should have won). The best line of the night for me was when she said he went down to Mexico and choked (about the wall) the look on Trumps face, I though his head was going to explode on that one.

Then dodging and shifting tricky questions about the Clinton Foundation, wikileaks - blaming Russia - turned that around like a pretzel (Bill even was impressed ). Hillary now takes the victory formation and takes a knee -running out the clock. That nasty woman!

Comment

• For those of you who can't imagine what use twitter might have, here's a twitter feed that updates with any takeoffs and landings of planes in or out of Geneva by planes known to be owned by dictators: https://twitter.com/gva_watcher. LOL, but also, hey that's a nice tool for tracking financial flows. If you're into that sort of thing.

Comment

• By SLF's partisan standards, Obama has had scandals, too.

Comment

I don't recall incidents like that re GWB, either. I mean, he was destroyed because of Iraq, but no nagging "scandal" I can recall.

It could be that the Clintons are historically awful when it comes to these types of things.
                              The vice-president was a direct beneficiary of no-bid contracts awarded to a company for which he was CEO. He had a direct financial stake in the outcome.

SLF, for the record, for me personally what I'm interested in and referring to is financial corruption. Presidents are going to use the power of the office to reward friends. That's how it is, and IMO you hope it stops at that and they don't step up that use of power to punish enemies. And you certainly hope they don't graduate to the misuse of funds for their own political ends, or go further by misusing them for their own direct financial benefit, like those defence-spending procurement scandal.

Comment

I do think PAH's wikileaks problem has a fairly long half life. She's fortunate that Trump is sucking the suck out of the room right now, but when she's President-elect and then President then the story will come back and get some primacy.

And she's not going to be able to explain it away by "yeah, those are my words, but Putin!"
                                I've seen a few things today. I'm not clicking on any direct link to their site, but policy-focused folks are mining the latest to see what's actually useful.

Comment

Working...
                                X