No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huff Post lol!! Michigan will now decide who wins , Freep has Hillary already won on the front page.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
      I would suggest that people in the rust belt feel their current jobs are not the same as the past manufacturing jobs. I still think this was a vote against someone more than for someone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      I wish you were right...but you're not.

We're finding out just how hickish this country really is, unfortunately.

Comment

• Trump up 66k in Michigan last I checked with 36% in.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Geezer- Do you support throwing Milton Friedman and Ronald Reagan into the dumpster when it comes to trade? That's what Trump wants
          Absolutely not. Trump is mostly wrong on trade IMO. The reason he is wrong is that he thinks these manufacturing jobs are going to come back, and I think basically they are gone forever because they have been eliminated by automation and regulation. When an auto plant faces tight regulation and the threat of lawsuits all the time, there is good reason to want to get out of the country. Regulation costs the economy $1.9 Trillion ( on a GDP of about $ 17 Trillion). That is enormous. And the cost of "decisions not taken" is impossible to calculate. Ford, according to Trump, is building huge plants in Mexico, and he thinks that adding a 35% tariff to those cars coming into the US will make Ford move the plant and hence jobs back to the States. But that won't work because Ford left for a myriad of reasons (environmental and technical) that have little to do with stealing jobs by paying labor subsistence wages. JMO

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
            I wish you were right...but you're not.

We're finding out just how hickish this country really is, unfortunately.

So everyone voting for trump is a hick... lol.

The over reaction and whining was expected. Just was wondering which side would be doing it.

Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              There are jobs in the rust belt area, both Michigan and Ohio are under the national unemployment average.
              Not for unskilled workers They blame Obama, Dems, and immigrants. They think that the jobs they lost to robots are going to come back when Trump is president.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                It's literally down to Michigan. The year of HARBAUGH continues. I can't believe it's all on you fucks.
                Don't blame me, I did double duty chauffering kids around so my wife could go vote.

In 1990, Blanchard was going to win but Wayne County stayed home and that clown Engler won in an upset. Maybe the same is happening here.

Comment

• NYT:
                  71% probability Trump wins MI

Comment

The over reaction and whining was expected. Just was wondering which side would be doing it.

No whining. Just stating what I see as the reason for people voting for Trump

Hell, Hannibal is the poster child.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Its OK to be wrong now and then. Its not a character flaw or an insult.

Comment

• ALOT riding on the table for the @freep right now.

Comment

• Wayne County is big
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• NYT:
                            79% prob of Trump taking Wisconsin

Comment

• Its going to be a long night, I will be the only one here (probably) to see the winner. but things are looking good!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                                Not for unskilled workers They blame Obama, Dems, and immigrants. They think that the jobs they lost to robots are going to come back when Trump is president.

Agree. I think Hillary lost the blue collar vote

Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X