No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talent: Thanks for the info. You hit the nail on the head when you said that things just take way too long to get on the market. A lot of the time and money is process-oriented and not outcome-oriented.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      You look a lot like Harbaugh!
      ....buying a car from the Urban Eugene Levy.

Comment

• Trump invites the press over for an off-the-record meeting so he can yell at them

In a Monday meeting at New York’s Trump Tower that Donald Trump spokeswoman called “unprecedented,” the president-elect tore into top broadcast and cable news executives and on-air talent as representatives of the “dishonest” media, the New York Post reported.Trump specifically named CNN president Jeff Zucker in the off-the-record meeting, according to the Post, which described the atmosphere as like a “firing squad” by the real estate mogul turned reality TV host turned politician.Representatives for Trump and CNN did not immediately respond to TheWrap’s requests for comment. ...

Comment

• Trump also cancelled a meeting today with the NY Times after they "tried to change the rules". The NY Times has responded to say that they made no such request and that the Trump campaign was pressuring them to go off-the-record like the tv networks did and they refused to do so.

Our Man-Child in Chief

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/markberman/status/801029191588265985[/ame]

Comment

• Casting the "elite media" as the villain won't hurt Trump, but it will irritate DSL. Hmmmm, I may be coming around to this Trump fella. If he can somehow find a way to euthanize The Wizard then he'd have my vote in 2020! Assuming he doesn't get shot and/or impeached.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• God willing the "Green 20" -- the lawless State AGs going after Exxon -- are on their way to a nice little comeuppance: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...-testify-texas

Comment

• For DSL, since we've discussed the future of B10 country: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...s-new-red-wall

One point from the article that goes to the Senate -- Trump won by 19 points or more in a staggering 18 states. HRC won by 19 or more in 6 (I assume 19 was picked out of the air to make it look most favorable for DJT). That doesn't include Alaska, South Carolina, Texas or Iowa. That's a nice map for Rs in the Senate. The Ds need to win the battle for the B10.

Comment

• Remember when Trump used to bash Hillary for not holding press conferences and ducking tough questions? Hmmmmm

Bitching about the press again takes attention away from the much more serious conflict-of-interest charges that are already piling up.

Comment

• Alec Baldwin said it best when he tweeted to Trump that the election is over, try being President.

I live in Michigan, I don't see it being a reliably red state in the Presidential elections any time soon. I think this was a weird election with a candidate that didn't excite the masses that had an awful strategy to defend her blue firewall. Half of the battle is just showing up.
                      They treated Michigan and Wisconsin like they were California until the end when they had an "Oh shit" moment in the last week.

Unfortunately, while the Clinton campaign was a much better organization than the 2008 team, it repeated a lot of the same mistakes that doomed them to a primary defeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                        ....buying a car from the Urban Eugene Levy.
                        Huh?
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          Alec Baldwin said it best when he tweeted to Trump that the election is over, try being President.

I live in Michigan, I don't see it being a reliably red state in the Presidential elections any time soon. I think this was a weird election with a candidate that didn't excite the masses that had an awful strategy to defend her blue firewall. Half of the battle is just showing up.
                          They treated Michigan and Wisconsin like they were California until the end when they had an "Oh shit" moment in the last week.

Unfortunately, while the Clinton campaign was a much better organization than the 2008 team, it repeated a lot of the same mistakes that doomed them to a primary defeat.
                          The main mistake was having Hillary as their candidate...
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Remember when Trump used to bash Hillary for not holding press conferences and ducking tough questions? Hmmmmm

Bitching about the press again takes attention away from the much more serious conflict-of-interest charges that are already piling up.
                            I don't much care about Trump dissing the NYTs. He's working to shape how Americans will see him and his presidency and he'd rather not have the print and broadcast media do that.

IMO, no one in the media is asking substantive questions about policy which goes to your second point, DSL. I just turn the TV off when breathless reporters pose questions about Trumps business and the potential for conflicts of interest.

Not that there might be conflicts but my point is who is asking substantive questions like this:

Is there something you can do at the federal level, grant block funding perhaps, to move site projects ahead in the various states in the rust belt, for example, that are trying to attract new businesses to set up shop on these sites? Wouldn't this help to achieve the job growth prospects in America that you campaigned on? (thanks for your insight on that for ohio, talent)........ or........

It seems that manufacturing costs are driven by both labor and energy costs. Couldn't we attract more manufacturing to this country where there are abundant energy resources (oli and NG) by incentivising the development of these resources and making them cheaply available to manufacturers who might want to locate their manufacturing facilities in the US. due to the lower energy and transportation costs?
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              The main mistake was having Hillary as their candidate...
                              That is probably correct, they fell into the trap of having the next person in line theory that is normally associated with the GOP. Although in their defense, their bench is not even a bench. It's not like she fended off all sorts of good challengers.

Comment

• Froot:

The B10 is a 20-30 year play for the Rs, IMO. M is still bluish and, at worst, purple.

And the Ds bench is thinner than OSU's DT rotation.

fuck me

Comment

Working...
                                X