No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some schools do. Nebraska will not -- when you factor in their total bowl share from the B10. But, your larger point is correct -- UNL would make more money sitting at home and collecting the check ala Purdue.

Well done, Cody!
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Some schools do. Nebraska will not -- when you factor in their total bowl share from the B10. But, your larger point is correct -- UNL would make more money sitting at home and collecting the check ala Purdue.

Well done, Cody!
      There was a breakdown of bowl economics a few years ago and Western Michigan, I think it was, lost a ton of money attending a shitty bowl game. The culprit was largely the mandatory ticket allotment that the university was forced to eat. The NCAA should ban that if it's still the cas.e

Comment

• the ncaa is focused on more important things.. like athletes being students...
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I'm going to guess attendance will be down this year. Fans in California will probably go to see the huskers, but I'm not seeing any level of excitement from the fan base. Very quiet in fact. Hopefully the team still competes

Comment

• Its been years since there was much excitement for a Nebraska bowl game. I doubt a Dec 26th matchup with a losing record was going to reverse that trend, no matter where it was held.

Comment

• Epley to bring back performance index and comments on the need for talent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Bay Area Husker fans will attend. Not many will spend significant dollars to go to see a shitty bowl game. That being said I actually think it will be a good game to watch...on TV...and I think NU wins...UCLA won't give a rats ass...NU players I think see this as a chance to redeem a fuckstar season.

NU 41 UCLA 31
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• How many times this year has UNL scored in the 40's? It's more likely that UNL scores in the 20's or low 30's. I also doubt UNL's pass defense will slow UCLA down. I'm not as optimistic as you are wiz.

Comment

• STFU
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Oh, we're gonna get beat. Coverage has improved some as the year has gone along (and as we moved away from playing so much Quarters) but we still cannot rush the passer and lack high-quality DBs. Nor are we much good at running the ball, which is UCLA's soft-spot on defense.

This is more about the opportunity to continue practicing, and more to the point get the scout team/RSs substantial reps in our systems, and using this as a culling process for remaining malcontents.

It would be nice if we played well and kept it close though.

Comment

• Wouldn't be shocked to see UCLA not show up.

Comment

• These shirts should be selling like hotcakes!

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• LOL. I would love to know how many individual people buy one of those.

Comment

• I'll bet wizard buys one. :-)
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Most of it would be obscured by his overalls.

Comment

Working...
                                X