X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heh
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• A federal judge dismissed a lawsuit brought by an Omaha man to stop the release of balloons by Husker fans in Memorial Stadium.

Judge Laurie Smith Camp on Friday dismissed the case on the basis that the University of Nebraska was a state agency and therefore immune from being sued in federal court under the 11th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

Randall Krause, who asked the court to ban the balloon release under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, said Congress repealed states’ immunity by enacting the law.

Camp disagreed, citing case law that “concludes the clear language (of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act) demonstrates Congress did not intend to abrogate states’ sovereign immunity from suit.”

Since at least the 1950s, Husker fans have released balloons to mark the first score by Nebraska in a game.

In his argument filed with the court in May, Krause said the balloon release constituted dumping solid waste under a 1976 federal law.

The helium-filled biodegradable latex balloons, along with the non-biodegradable ribbons tied to them, also presented a choking hazard to children, as well as 60 endangered animal species, Krause said.
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• If I would have known about the children, my opinion would have changed..

Comment

• We had so many water balloon fights when I was a kid .. and nobody ever choked on one ...
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• and nobody ever choked on one

Just to be clear...you are talking about balloons I hope...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Lmao

Comment

• Wiz: shaddup

Comment

• Wow, watching Nebraska must have been more frustrating than I realized in 2015 given their "per game percentile performance."
                  If Nebraska wins a toss up vs Oregon, they could start 7-0 before playing at Wisconsin. Biggest question is Nebraska's trenches it appears...

Nebraska can be a Big Ten West contender if it makes 1 fewer mistake per game
                  The Huskers were better than their record claimed last year, but still have plenty to work on in Mike Riley's second year.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yes... It was frustrating. Thanks for reminding us...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• :::kills Cody:::
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wiz and his daughters on July 4th ...

Comment

• That guy is too snazzy of a dresser to be Wiz.

Comment

• Yeah, I know .. but I was trying to be nice ..

Comment

• you're not good at nice..

Comment

• some DL talk

Comment

Working...
                                X