• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    FROSTY WILL RETURN!
    but his staff, not so much....

Comment

• FROSTY!!! has one year to show progress...and from what I hear that is 8 wins next season...which given the schedule is very possible. The firing of 4 assistants was predictable...necessary to justify keeping FROSTY!!! for one more year. Only surprise to me was OC Lubick but seems as if pretty much any offensive coach was toast.

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Sounds like Nebraska adopted the "Michigan/Warde Manuel approach" to (eventually) get rid of the coach.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The path has been set...and will save us millions.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Stay.

Comment

• The

Comment

• Course

Comment

• Nebraska is at Wisconsin on the 20th and home vs Iowa to end the season on the 26th. For the Husker fans who want a coaching change, I wonder if any of them will hope to lose those games. I know in 2000, many Bama fans were rooting for the opponent.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Never want to lose games no matter what.

FROSTY!!! just got HARBAUGHED!!! contract wise...$1mil paycut per year and his buyout clause cut in half. 4 offensive assistants fired including the OC and OL coach. This was done to save the recruiting process and throw red meat to the FIRE FROSTY!!! wolves...yet appealing to the KEEP FROSTY!!! faction...yes oddly enough there is an even split here.

FROSTY!!! is being told...win...and win now. 8 wins minimum next year...which is possible given our much weaker schedule...but it's win or GTFO in 2022.

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Finally watched the UNL-OSU replay...

1. Our D is legit.
                      2. Our Red Zone offense is shit.
                      3. Our placekicking is shit.
                      4. OSU isn't as good as I thought.
                      5. There is as wide a gap between #1 and #2 in the country as I've seen in a long time.
                      6. B1G officiating continues to be the most horrendous, inconsistent officiating in CFB. Both HCRD!!! and FROSTY!!! should be livid at the B1G...hell the entire conference deserves better. Saw a couple of other B1G games as well. JFC just awful.

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 6. B1G officiating continues to be the most horrendous, inconsistent officiating in CFB. Both HCRD!!! and FROSTY!!! should be livid at the B1G...hell the entire conference deserves better. Saw a couple of other B1G games as well. JFC just awful.
                        I'm glad its not just me.

^5 Wiz.

Problem is, the people who benefit from the horrible mistakes in officiating end up saying nothing because, .. well, .. they WON. Can't argue when you got the benefit of : SCOREBOARD!!

File it all away, Wiz. You know as well as I do, that absolutely nothing will be done. The GOB's are protected by both the conference and the officials association(s)

Comment

• I know that all too well. Replay was the beginning of the downfall of officiating in my opinion...not that review is bad...but how it is applied. Used as a crutch for hesitant officials. As you know I did CFB for many years...the training of officials now is not where it needs to be. There has been a mass exodus of officials at both the NFHS and CFB levels...for varying reasons...and not enough attention is placed on the training and reviewing of officials nowadays. More time and attention needs to take place. The days of part time guys in this now billion dollar industry is outdated. I'm not sure having officials not moonlighting is possible...but most guys work jobs and don't have much spare time to get better. The system now worked into maybe the early 90's...but with rule changes and high flying offenses and the speed of the game warrants a better system.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I watch a fair number of non Big10 games and I honestly consider the Big10 refs near the best.

The worst is either SEC or Pac12.

Comment

• Well you are an idiot. So there is that.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• And again today, a FREEP writer (MSU beat writer) is accusing Harbaugh of "whining" because of his comments regarding the officiating in the MSU game. The article is paywalled, of course, so I can't link it here.

Its not whining if you have a complaint, and the complaint is confirmed as valid with the conference. In fact, I'd argue that Harbaugh handled it completely the way he should have. He didn't get himself tossed from the game, .. he didn't make disparaging remarks in the presser afterward. On the following Monday, he made a written complaint to the Big Ten offices, supported by video. The conference confirmed that mistakes were made. That's the exact opposite of "whining".

MSU fans and beat writers know all this, of course, but they know if they acknowledge the validity of Harbaugh's complaints, that they cheapen their "win" over Michigan. Tucker threw shade at Harbaugh as well by saying, "We don't have time to complain about officiating". Yeah, right. And Dantonio was secretly in love with Michigan.

But when all is said and done, it gets filed away and never addressed again.

Comment

Working...
                                X