Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butkus, I understand.

But, Fitzgerald?
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
      Butkus, I understand.

But, Fitzgerald?
      Gotta have a Northwsetern guy in there somewhere.

Comment

• I thought Otto Graham was on the QB award?
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I object to Rod Woodson. Unless they want to call it the "Woodson and Woodson" award.

Comment

• The other Woodson is on some other award.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Alex Karras should be in there somewhere. I believe he went to Iowa.

Comment

• Fitzgerald is actually a merited choice IMO. If he had not been injured NW probably would have won their Rose Bowl game in Jan. 1996. Fitzgerald was a plague against our team in that era. They even beat us and outplayed us in Ann Arbor.

Comment

• NU offensive coordinator Tim Beck installed a no-huddle attack after taking over for Shawn Watson last winter. The anticipation was that the Huskers might significantly increase their number of offensive snaps in 2011.

The verdict?

Nebraska ran 842 offensive plays for an average of 70.2 per game, right about where it was in 2008 when it averaged 70.7. The last two seasons, the Huskers’ were at 65.4 in 2010 and 62.6 in 2009.

NU ran a season-high 83 plays against Iowa last Friday after a season-low 54 the week before at Michigan. Its only other game with a particularly high number was 79 at Minnesota.

Overall, Nebraska averaged 28:18 in time of possession. That figure was 31:16 a year ago.

scoring offense was pretty much the same between the 2 years as well
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Wow, we actually lost TOP on the season?

I think you have lay a lot of that at the feet of the defense however. Gave up 17 first downs a game this year (discounting those by penalty), vs 14 in 2010. That's an additional 12 snaps a game for the other team, and probably around 3:00 of TOP.
                    Last edited by Wild Hoss; December 3, 2011, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• UNL's 2012 Schedule:

the 3 nonconference teams have a combined record of 26-11. all are bowl teams.

Of the11 games scheduled for 2012, 10 are against 2011 bowl teams, with 5 of those on the road.

Road Bowl Teams:

UCLA
                      Ohio State
                      Michigan State 10-3
                      Northwestern
                      Iowa

Home Bowl Teams:

arkansas state 10-2
                      southern mississippi 10-2
                      Michigan 10-2
                      Wisconsin 10-2
                      Penn State 9-3

I don't think UNL ever hosted four 10 wins teams (from prior season) in history at Memorial Stadium? It could become 5 if Penn State beats Houston. nor have they played 10 bowl teams from the year before...

Comment

• Only two (2) B1G teams did NOT go to a bowl game this year. Indiana and Minnesota.

Comment

• "UNL's 2012 Schedule:"

Wheh. tough schedule. Welcome to the Big 10.

Comment

• really, in any major conference, you'll have a tough schedule... most years.

Comment

• I think the tough schedule will be good for the Huskers in the long run, and it will also be good for the conference.

Comment

• we are the shiny new toy

Comment

Working...
                                X