Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing is guaranteed in this world. If you want a guarantee buy a toaster.
    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I need a toaster.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Maryland had 15 yards of total offense when they started their drive at 5:30 left in 3rd. This team won AT Texas and Minnesota. Dear god.

Comment

• Michigan losing probably hurts us more than Oklahoma will. The Big12 is one TCU loss away from being pretty much eliminated from playoff talk.

Comment

• Ohio State needs Oklahoma to have at least 2 losses. Yesterday was a good start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              Michigan losing probably hurts us more than Oklahoma will. The Big12 is one TCU loss away from being pretty much eliminated from playoff talk.
              TCU will lose to someone they shouldn't. They always do.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• TCU isn't particularly good, IMO.

Comment

• I don't think they're playoff worthy.m

They'll still lose to someone they should have handled if history holds.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Stick a fork in the B12.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• osu is up 21 early in the second on Neb in Lincoln.

talent, in our little verbal dust-up in the M game thread, you mentioned that osu had 600 yards v. IU as if to compare how good osu is compared to M. Duh .........osu actually has a passing game. OTH, M is playing on one leg. There still 5-1, just like osu.

The reality is that there is really only one great team in the BIG. osu is so far ahead of the rest of the conference, so elte compared to M and others who might have some sort of distant shot at the East title, its laughable.

Enjoy the ride. I don't see any team challenging the urban machine for a long time.
                      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 14, 2017, 07:44 PM.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Penn State is damn good, IMO. We'll see.

To be clear, I think the performance of M's offense under J O.K. sucks. Not the scheme or coaching or anything like that. We disagree. Np.

Comment

• Nebraska may not have enough answers tonight. Less thanideal start for Huskerz.

Comment

• ...... it's a fucking scrimmage. Neb is awful.

27-0, osu
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• They just gave Wisky a game for 3 quarters! But, ummm, yes. IU is probably good enough to challenge in the West.

Also, on those rare occasions where JTB is balling, you're in trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                ...............I think the performance of M's offense under J O.K. sucks. Not the scheme or coaching or anything like that. We disagree. Np.
                                I get that. Here's my issue. Most fan commentary is crap. The current meme on that sort of thing is feelings ball, hot takes. It's subjective ...... like suck.

There are measurables upon which to evaluate offenses, defenses and STs. Those are not always apparent until later. Even then, fans are really limited in their ability to make definitive conclusions about a football game, play calls, coaching and so forth. I'm just loath to join in with comments that have no basis in facts. So, I try to study the game. I KNOW you are a informed student of the game. Its rare that you make a statement that doesn't have some basis in fact. So, yeah, we disagree on the term suck being applied to M's offense. I prefer limited because I can quantify why that is so. np.

The one measureable we fans can all count on being a reliable indicator of a team's current worth is wins. Right now M is 5-1. Anything can happen during the second half of the CFB season with the defense M has. I'm a realist though. The probability of that happening by every objective measure is low.

Comment

Working...
                                X