Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm well, WingsFan. How are you?
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Shocking. Looks like both OSU and PSU had major hangovers this week.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• In PSU's case I think it's more that Sparty is legit.

Comment

• in PSU case they are way o-v-e-r-r-a-t-e-d

Comment

• LOL@ ohio dipshits.. and yes, Barrett was still short.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
              in PSU case they are way o-v-e-r-r-a-t-e-d
              They played their game of the year against us. Won't look nearly that good again.

Comment

• They can be thrown on, OSU showed the way. Ferenz in the running for his 14th COY.

Comment

• Totally outcoached UFM. One of those days. However, OSU's defense is really bad. Lewerke will pass for 450.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Maybe, but we aren't playing you in Kinnick.

Comment

• Will Bosa be missing time next week?
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• F 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          F 2017
                          The pure joy of watching Ferents ..... FERENTZ..... out coach ufm. (1) I've never seen a game like that in the Big involving osu. (2) I've never seen Ferentz call a game like that. Huge outlier in his career. Looked like he handed over the reins of the offense to someone else.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Ferentz’s son is the offensive play caller. They must have had a family dinner on Friday and some funny ideas were tossed around at the dinner table.
                            Yea, that was the most unique I’ve seen Iowa ever look. Helps when the Iowa o-line plays great... Wadley made some good moves in the open field too.

If OSU was -21, crazy because it is a 52 point swing when it comes to the betting line. lol at this guy...

[ame]https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/926948903991332866[/ame]
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The key sequence was in the 2nd quarter. OSU, after throwing a Pick 6 on its first play, had carved up Iowa on 3 straight series. The finally stopped Iowa and had the ball at the 50 with the score 17-17. They got a first down at the Iowa 40 or so, but in the process, on two successive plays, Jamarco Jones went down and then Demetrius Knox. Then Jones' replacement did his best Ulizio impersonation and nearly got JTB killed (but he managed to recover the fumble!). That killed the drive. What looked destined to be 24-17 was now a punt. On the ensuing drive, Iowa got out to the 50. OSU forces a 3rd down, defenses it well forcing Stanley to throw it away. On that play, though, Nick Bosa is hit with a targeting penalty (fair), is ejected and keeps the drive alive. On the next play, Stanley throws an inch perfect 35-yard TD pass. OSU gets the ball back with 3 minutes left and down 24-17. UFM knows Iowa gets the ball to start the half, so they try to go down the field. But, they do it with all dropbacks. They get a first down and then JTB throws a pick that is returned to the 15. OSU gets a huge negative play on frist down and on second down forces Stanely to dump off to Wadley on the safety valve. To my surprise, no one is around except Arnette, who whiffs badly and Wadley runs it down to the 3. Iowa scores again (I think another 3rd down conversion, too --their first offensive TD was on 3rd and goal from 10). And it's 31-17. What looked like a 24-17 half or, at worst, 24-24 half ends up 31-17 in the space of 8 minutes.

Then they got their ass kicked in the 3rd quarter. The defense forced two straight stops, but the offense was, by that time, out of sorts and forcing shit. And, to Iowa's credit, they kept their DTs at the LoS to keep the pocket a pocket, force JTB to throw AND bat down balls. Each of the first two drives ended with a batted ball that was most likely going to be a first down. Then Iowa hits the fake FG and it's ballgame.

The snowball effect was amazing. It happens, I guess. I don't read too much into a single game. OSU plays Sparty next week -- Sparty beat Iowa. I don't expect Sparty to win by 31 in Columbus. Hell, if they played Iowa again on a neutral field I think OSU would win by 10+. So, it is what it is. However, there are two takeaways -- (1) the offense is still inconsistent and can be had with passive, short zones -- dropping men in coverage; keeing JTB in the pocket and taking away the RB on every read play and (2) the, defense just isn't particularly good. The LBs, in particular, were awful against Iowa. It's one thing to have Stanley throwing nice balls (and he was), it's another to get beat in the front 7. And they did. Iowa was definitely pass first all game, but they were able to run the ball well enough to make all their PA shit work.

Overall, it's more just "one of those days" than anything else, but it also reveals the weaknesses in this team, which we've known about since OU.
                              Last edited by iam416; November 5, 2017, 09:41 AM.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Fuck College Football
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X