Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah, the bar gets way too high for the elites and osu remains among them. CFB fans are awful. osu's among the worst.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• No comparison.

Comment

• Correct.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• OSU was looking ahead to the Spartans, that game wasn't in doubt.

Comment

• One more bad game, and I might start to believe Talent about OSU's problems. Yesterday should have made Zach Harrison's decision crystal clear...
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Ohio State was disappointing after the off week. Schianao seems stubborn.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• They were without two normal secondary starters and a third that was ejected for a nonsense targeting. That said, correct. They have not done a good job of coaching, and I think that's especially true on defense. The DL I can understand. They lost arguably the #1 NFL pick. If Chase Young is #2 and Dremont Jones is simply a #3 type guy then that DL is really good. And it was. Without him, they're getting beat too much at the LoS, but that's not the real problem. The LBs are a disaster from both a talent and development perspective.

Offensively, I was actually encouraged by some of the adjustments they made to the running game. It's still not great, but it was significantly better. And Brandon Bowen -- a really snakebit, but pretty good OL -- may be back for Sparty. He finally dressed for yesterday's game. The really disappointing thing about yesterday was that Haskins took a big shot and then pretty much pussied out the rest of the game. He was throwing too quick; short-arming and not stepping into his throws in a tight pocket. If UNL rattled him, imagine what Sparty, let alone M, will do.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• I would have guessed there would have been greater DL depth.

Comment

• Urbans 5 stars go to the NFL after 3 years.

Comment

• Or 2.5, but still.

Comment

• The DL isn't the problem. It's just not dominant enough to paper over the LB issues. They don't have Raekwon McMillan back there or Jerome Baker. Tuf Borland is a solid bottom tier B10 LB. That's just not getting it done. Among other issues.

But, the young pup DL have shown pretty well. Really like where they'll be a DT for the next 2 years. At DE, Jonathan Cooper needs to get a little stronger against the run. Tyreke Smith just needs to get bigger. And Jack Sawyer needs to graduate two years early.

But, losing Nick Bosa is a pretty big blow.

And, yes, the 5-stars have been a disaster.

Comment

• The rare positive news, Ohio State managed to flip a Florida RB that was committed to Miami. Apparently the staff had him highest on their board. Well, higher than anyone they can get (i.e., not higher than Trey Sanders, but higher than Noah Cain). They still seem like they're going to lose Jordan Battle to Alabama and Zach Harrison has been done to M for awhile. So, the 2019 class will be total meh.

But, they also got a verbal from 2020 WR from Texas. Given how many top shelf WRs they're very much in on, they must love this kid. Assuming UFM doesn't ride off into the sunset after this season, the 2020 class has the very really potential to be his best every at Ohio State.

So, I guess there's that. 2019 is a bag of suck all the way around, but hopefully they'll get back to normal in 2020.

Comment

• Suck it, Bearcats!

Comment

Working...
                                X