Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dunno until Neb or Wisky show otherwise on a consistent basis Ohio is still the B1G flagship ... unfortunately not one we can be proud of, but the top nonetheless.

Comment

• It's pretty undeniable, PB. To quote the great Ric Flair, whether you like or don't like it, you better learn to love it, because it's the best thing going today. Fact is, Ohio State has owned the B10. Coupled with Matta's basketball brilliance, Ohio State is becoming, if they haven't already, THE BIG TEN. At least in the only two sports that matter. Biggest and best.

After all, we only want the best players from there to come to Michigan and populate our roster,
      I'm happy Prescott and Shawn and Mario were able to become fine young M men all the while getting a full dose of adversity and 4 years of life lessons in getting their ass handed to them by their home state team. They're better for it. Kalis will be, too.

Anyway, Ohio State probably won't win the B10 again this year. They're way too young. They may scratch out 9-3 and may, if they're lucky, win their division, but a B10 title is a bit much to ask under the circumstances. One thing is for sure, though, if they do manage to miraculously pull of a B10 title under the circumstances -- in view of everything that has been said -- well, heh, then there will be no doubt who the Big 1 is and the Little 11. Oh, and next year? -- heh, woof -- forget about it.
      Last edited by iam416; September 6, 2011, 09:00 PM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Fact is, Ohio State has owned the B10. ..... Ohio State is becoming, if they haven't already, THE BIG TEN.
        What .... a conference championed by a football team whose HC lies?

...... maybe B1G fans, players and alumni of schools that have manged to avoid the scrutiny of the NCAA because they don't break the rules on a regular basis would rather have their conference defined by a standard of integrity that is unknown in c-bus.

osu wins but they've done that with an asterisk suggesting that the winning is done in a way that no CFB fan with even a speck of respect for the game would tip there hats in the direction of the buckeyes. Spit at them? Probably.

You are so delusional.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Did a Texas fan just post something?
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 57-44-6, Bitch. And that's with Tressel's 9-1 record vs Michigan. Amazing to think that even with his nearly unblemished record against UM, you bunch of trailer trash Ohioans are still 13 games behind. You'll always be behind in the head to head series. You'll go to your graves behind in the series.

And damn. To think, Mich was ahead 56-35 before cheater vest took over. LMFAO

The tables are going to turn again. Just be glad that THE Ohio State University clawed their way to within 13 games of .500 for the series. Because whether you admit it or not, you know it's gonna happen. Things are cyclical. Ya know it wasn't that long ago when Michigan was raping THE Ohio University and John Cooper to the tune of 10 wins in 12 years. How quickly people forget, huh?

Oh, and I forgot. You're actually 43-57 since they vacated your season last year. Just 14 games behind....just think -- another 9-1 run and you'll only be 6 games behind!!!
            AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
              57-44-6, Bitch. And that's with Tressel's 9-1 record vs Michigan. Amazing to think that even with his nearly unblemished record against UM, you bunch of trailer trash Ohioans are still 13 games behind. You'll always be behind in the head to head series. You'll go to your graves behind in the series.

And damn. To think, Mich was ahead 56-35 before cheater vest took over. LMFAO

The tables are going to turn again. Just be glad that THE Ohio State University clawed their way to within 13 games of .500 for the series. Because whether you admit it or not, you know it's gonna happen. Things are cyclical. Ya know it wasn't that long ago when Michigan was raping THE Ohio University and John Cooper to the tune of 10 wins in 12 years. How quickly people forget, huh?

Oh, and I forgot. You're actually 43-57 since they vacated your season last year. Just 14 games behind....just think -- another 9-1 run and you'll only be 6 games behind!!!
              Those wins under Yost mean a lot to the fanbase.

I'm curious what the record is for everyone's lifetime. The series is 15-14-1, edge to OSU, in my lifetime. And yeah, I'm counting the "vacated win"

Comment

• maybe B1G fans, players and alumni of schools that have manged to avoid the scrutiny of the NCAA because they don't break the rules on a regular basis would rather have their conference defined by a standard of integrity that is unknown in c-bus
                Failure to Monitor. Clap...Clap...Clap, Clap, Clap.....

And a tip of the hat to all-time series reference. Indeed, there isn't much Ohio State can do to overcome M's pre-World War I 13-0-2 dominance. Michigan was, ONCE, a proud, great program, winning national titles routinely and thumping all-comers. And then, sadly, Taft took office and so started the decline. Sure, they had a decent stretch in the 30s and even at the end of the 40s, but woof -- look at the past 50 or 60 years -- M, and their half-national title, probably isn't even top 10 (OSU, OU, ND, USC, Texas, Alabama, Penn State, Tennessee, FSU and Miami -- all easily outpace M in my lifetime). But you keep clinging to those glory pre-Bull Moose days and trying to trick yourself into believing M is still some sort of elite superpower. In fact, you can do that this weekend with Notre Dame fans, who must take the same tact these days. Of course, they don't have to go quite as far back into the history books as you boys. Anyway, maybe this Niffla fellow is 112 years old and actually remembers the great point-a-minute teams. My guess is not.

Look, here's some solace -- France was once the preeminent world power and they're still doing ok.

I, on the other hand, will content myself with the here and the now. And as things stands, Ohio State is the Big Ten. It's a beautiful thing. And even through the turmoil of the past few months, Ohio State remains. They'll be a bit nicked up this year. But look out for 2012.
                Last edited by iam416; September 7, 2011, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• If you are under age 65 it is very likely you've witnessed more OSU wins in the series than Michigan wins. There's only one or two birthdates younger than 65 who have been alive for more Michigan wins (age 25 for example).

If you're over 65 then you've seen Michigan have the edge

Comment

• Dammit. Buchanan still has an edge!

Comment

• Given a couple more years, even Buchanan may slip into the Era of OSU Dominance

Comment

• Anyway, rather than discuss M's ancient history or the basically resolve Ohio State off-the-field issues, I'd rather talk about the current incarnation of Ohio State. As I'm under the impression this is largely a footbal forum, I think football talk is appropriate. Unfortunately, there's zero interest in it. Too bad.

Comment

• okay then speaking of current incarnation ... can we compare victories without asterisks then in the past decade .... I think M is up 1-0.

Comment

• Unsurprisingly, you think wrong.

But, again, I'm unsurprised the direction any M fan wants to take this. It's been a long decade of getting your ass kicked by an utterly superior program.

Comment

• Utterly superior at cheating, and very little else. At least when we had our run of dominance over you we did it clean. Everybody knows about the giant asterisk of the Tressell era. Call yourself the flagship or whatever you want, but nobody outside Ohio's buying that. Eras come and go and this one is over for you guys no matter how many similarities there are between the current OSU brass and the Egyptian military.

Comment

• Michigan was playing an ineligible Mr. Woodson during that '97 title run. He had contact with agents well before the end of the year. Wasn't definitively proven, but a lack of evidence and proof doesn't seem to stop guilty verdicts round these parts.

Michigan should wait to get their first win in a decade before crowing about how the tide of history is changing.

Comment

Working...
                                X