Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negotiating ploy?

It's very telling about our respective cultures. Extracting every little bit possible, as Frank is, is kinda different than saying ``I would have walked from San Diego''.

Comment

• Talking about lmao, here is adolphus washington's reason for his recent commit to o-lie-o:

“It’s the education part,” Washington continued. “I know all these schools athletically can offer me the same thing. The academic support at Ohio State, there is no way you can fail. Even if you’re giving minimal effort there is no way you can fail.”

Comment

• Maybe Adolphus has loose lips?
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Laugh of the day, if not the week...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
            I can't figure out why Frank is lying about this .... for heaven't sake he's not a coach of another team (e.g. Mad Hatter) and trying to avoid a distraction.
            He's a friggin' color commentator. It must just be in his blood.
            He doesn't want to be associated in any way with the beat down OlieO is going to take Saturday
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I doubt that Meyer will last more than 5 years at OlieO.

Comment

• Washington is wrong. You CAN fail at OSU, but it pretty much requires you to pull a Clarett and go clinically insane. Anyone that keeps their mouth shut and stays out of real trouble can sit back and coast.

Comment

• As for Meyer, he is trying to avoid looking like a douchebag by undercutting Fickel before the season is done. Which of course is exactly what he has done.

I don't think Urban will fail at OSU, but either the stories about his health (printed in SI) are 100% untrue, or he is going to have a very hard time avoiding a relapse in the next few years. Maybe his doctors found a miracle cure. Or maybe he is in denial about how sick he really is.

Personally I hope he takes the job. Beating his ass in 2007 wasn't nearly enough payback for his 2006 bitching and whining.
                  Last edited by Jamie H; November 24, 2011, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Those words from Washington are an instant classic, do they ever have any kids who can't make it academically?

Comment

• Right up there with this gem.

So some stuff happened this weekend, huh? We might have missed some of it. Like that thing Terrelle Pryor said about murderers? What was that all about?

Comment

• TP was awesome ... Adolphus will fit right in.

Open mouth .... insert foot.

In response to DSL, who compared Meyer to Weiss? Or is this something else DeluSionaL is making up?

Comment

• I concur that Adolphus touting academics is ridiculous. Frankly, every bit as ridiculous as Kalis (or any other M recruit) touting academic support. They're going their to play football. Period.

To things that actually matter, UM3 isn't "undercutting" Fickell if Fickell was informed early (I mean, well, June) in the process and spoke to UM3 about taking the job. Fickell will make an excellent assistant head coach (which he should have been this season).

Finally, I'm not sure what LC's final game has to do with anything. I remember Florida's offense doing very well. I also recall M's offense absolutely destroying Florida's defense. My understanding is that Coach Meyer won't be bringing along the Florida DC from that day that was destroyed by the Genius of Coach Carr, Etc.
                          Last edited by iam416; November 25, 2011, 08:37 AM.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• My understanding is that Coach Meyer won't be bringing along the Florida DC from that day that was destroyed by the Genius of Coach Carr, Etc.
                            That would be correct. He will be on the sidelines coaching Michigan's defense.

But I do have it on good authority that Meyer is powerless without the Tebow ...

Comment

• Possibly. Unfortunately, I'm quite expert in his first national title team, and it was the genius of Chris Leak on that day. But, I do think Tebow blessed Leak before the game.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                                An opinion from the Columbus Dispatch concerning Meyer from a Floridian buckeye:

"Meyer the liar and crier" has no respect here in FL and has at least a few loose screws. He got tired of UF and walked out on them to spend more time with his family. He must be tired of his family now and need time away from them. How long will it be before this cycle repeats itself? His personal credibility is shaky at best. Very hard times are ahead for our football program anyway, and now we have a true nut case who will magnify our problems. Gee is the opposite of what we need at the top. He remains a Smith fan is spite of his overwhelming failure as AD. He hung Tressel out in the wind and now it's Fickells turn. Gee is a useless S-O-B along with the trustees who keep him around. Meyer will make us long for Cooper. ****, Myer will make us long for Wes Fesler. The dark ages have just begun for our great football program and won't be resolved until we get a Woody/Tressel type coach again to fix all the problems corrupt people like Smith and Gee have caused one of the great football programs ever. Changes must start with Gee and the trustees. Maybe the Dispatch will again publish the names, phone numbers and addresses of the trustees so that the fans can make their views known personally to each one. And please include the president this time.
                                Just another delusional buck nut slappy that thinks that Tressel was less of a liar than Frank is.

Comment

Working...
                                X