Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talent what you mean specifically by ``cooled on''? As in, the option was there for JH and Brandon didn't take it? Or as in he wasn't gonna get JH and therefore decided to make it look like UM selected Hoke above others? Obviously my opinion is that it's the latter, but I'm open to new information...
    I'm just joshing, Hack. When a recruit chooses another school over M, some insiders frequently say "M had cooled on that recruit anyway" -- so, I was making the analogy -- M always gets who they *want*. Heh.

Truth be told, I have absolutely zero interest in any of M's endeavor to hire any coach.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Ah, well in that case, yes precisely. That's how Brandon wanted to play it -- as if the whole thing was simply the assertion of the natural laws of the universe. Which, I guess, is his job.

(and for his next act I hope he fires Mary Sue Coleman.)

Comment

• He'll fire her when M officially cools on her. Not a minute sooner!

Comment

• M turned away a number of talented recruits last recruiting class when they had scholarships available;

Tommy Schutt wanted to visit M but M told him no thanks... M let it known to Anthony Standifer that they wouldn't accept his commitment if he couldn't get by admissions after his fall semester... M stopped recruiting Perkins due to academics allegedly... Ditto for Burbridge, who MSU insiders are saying he needs a strong last semester to even get eligible.... Same story for Se'Von Pittman, M didn't want to take someone who had a ways to go to get eligible...

M stopped recruiting Yuri Wright after looking at his twitter account... Wayne Morgan was going to announce to M (he did try) but was turned away by M after the coaches didn't like his camp performances... M stopped recruiting Stefon Diggs when he was on a visit when M coaches had setup an in-home that day... M stopped recruiting Pharaoh Brown after his visit to Oregon...

Not all of these kids were going to be Wolverines if M would've kept recruiting them but Hoke turned away a lot of talent and chose high character and good students at the expense of a handful of recruits.

Comment

• Hoke turned away a lot of talent and chose high character and good students at the expense of a handful of recruits.
            LMAO.

Carry on.

Schutt, they turned down b/c of numbers.

Pittman was never an elibigility problem. And M certainly does NOT have some sort of elevated acamdeic standard for football players.

Perkins shouldn't have any academic issue.

Burbridge, I don't know. I can see MSU taking a chance on him and keeping their fingers crossed. It's what MSU has to do.

Diggs more or less dropped M. And then M dropped Diggs. LOL.

You bag on Yuri Wright, whose twitter blows, but if you want me to, I can post a litany of twitter posts from existing M recruits. I'm not sure "high character" or "good student" would be phrases that would come to mind reading that shit.

But, eh, whatever. It's a hilarious narrative.

Comment

• And Urbie still has yet to miss on any recruit he wanted, including Neal.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Perkins definitely won't have any academic issues, as he's going to be a Golden Bobcat. Adolphus Washington can tell us why.

Comment

• And Urbie still has yet to miss on any recruit he wanted, including Neal
                  Heh. The Neal stuff is fairly well-reported, at least by recruiting story standards.

Urbie got housed on Diggs. He couldn't pry two Texas kids out of Texas for even a visit (Swoopes and Raulerson). He couldn't turn LTT or Fox. He'll miss on a lot of kids. That's the nature of the game.

Comment

• Every recruit M signed out of Ohio for the past decade, either Ohio didn't want or he got paid.

Comment

• Eh, I doubt you'd find many OSU "insiders" or recruting affecionados who would say something remotely resembling that. It's fairly obvious who OSU recruits in Ohio and who OSU *should* recruit in Ohio. Tressel's staff was starting to F up the latter.

So, yeah, e.g., OSU didn't offer Bolden, but they should have. And the OSU Scout Insider couldn't stop raving about him and bemoaning the lack of an offer. I don't read, e.g., the great Tom Beaver often (or other M insiders), but I have a hard time believing they'd say very many positive things about any OSU recruit. Reeves might -- *might* be the only one b/c M pulled out the full court press to get him.

The OSU guys also love Kalis, generally like Wormley and are split on Stroebel.

Comment

• I tend to think you are wrong about m recruit niks analysis of OSU players. OSU has a number of good players (and some "mediocre ones" what an asshole). The difference is that OSU recruitniks are focused on Ohio players where te M guys more generally focus on M recruits.

I've never heard a bad thing about Washingtons ability for example. But it doesn't come up much since he showed M he wasn't that interested pretty early.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          I'm just joshing, Hack. When a recruit chooses another school over M, some insiders frequently say "M had cooled on that recruit anyway" -- so, I was making the analogy -- M always gets who they *want*. Heh.

Truth be told, I have absolutely zero interest in any of M's endeavor to hire any coach.

Heh. Just like OSU's stupid fucking "committable" offer and "non committable" offer. Sets up exactly how you are saying we do it. They go somewhere else, it was a non committable offer. Right. No really, that's what the OSU insiders said. Right. Heh.

Comment

• Believe whatever, Oracle. You're largely worthless as far as I'm concerned -- so, I suspect your mission is accomplished.

But to pretend you're actually making a point instead of your standard trolling, LTT and Fox obviously had legit commitable offers. I haven't heard anyone say otherwise. The TE kid from Detroit probably did not. Ty Isaac almost certainly does. DeVeon Smith probably does not. I'm not sure what "insider" sites you read, but if hearing anything to the contrary, you should stop reading that site and go to Scout. BP in a pinch, though getting registered for the "rumor mill" can be a chore.

Anyway, I'm pretty much done with you. God bless.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              What an utterly worthless discussion.
                              That's why it's named "Losers, cheaters: aka THE idiots of ohio"

Comment

• I'd say as a generalization that if osu fans see ufm is an "uber aggressive recruiter" ...... a "rock star" when it comes to recruiting, based on his 2013 class so far he has to be seen as pretty much an abject failure compared to the mild mannered Fred Flintstone, Coach "Dauber" Dubinski, Flounder or any other name osu fans have come up with to denigrate this Michigan football coach they are going to come to hate.

And though it's early in the 2013 recruiting cycle, Michigan has 10 four-star commitments and Ohio State has one five-star pledge and three four-star commits. The 10 other Big Ten schools have a combined four verbals in the class of 2013.

"Urban Meyer is the Axl Rose of recruiting," Farrell said. "He's the rock star. Brady Hoke is not out there like that. He's not the same type of guy. He's an old-school, shoot-it-straight guy. But he's obviously getting the job done at an equal level. With these two, recruiting will be fun because they're unlike each other. That's going to make things very interesting. They each have different approaches to things. It's going to be a great battle.''

Fair. The only thing I'd disagree with Farrell on is that Hoke isn't getting the job done "on and equal level," he's quietly kicking urban's fair skinned ass.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X