Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That article about Pope Urban is so revealing that it deserves not only a link but the printing of the full text:

It will be absolutely shocking if Gators coach Will Muschamp doesn't dismiss sophomore tight end A.C. Leonard from the team for the latest in the perpetual string of embarrassing UF arrests.

Muschamp is still trying to fumigate a dilapidated program left behind by Urban Meyer — a program bereft of not only talent and depth but honor and discipline. Muschamp dismissed his best player, Janoris Jenkins, from the team for a couple of pot arrests last year. Said Jenkins afterwards: "No doubt, if coach Meyer were still coaching, I'd still be playing for the Gators."

The charges against Leonard are much worse than the charges against Jenkins. The police report accuses Leonard of shoving his live-in girlfriend to the ground and trying to drag her out of the apartment by the hair (see Lawrence Phillips, Nebraska, 1995).

If these charges are true, it would be hard to imagine Leonard remaining on the team. He should either be dismissed entirely or suspended for a full season and made to take anger management classes.

So far, Muschamp has suspended Leonard indefinitely and released a statement saying such conduct will not be "tolerated" or "condoned." Muschamp's statement was strong, but not nearly strong enough. Muschamp has used more forceful language to complain about rotten officiating calls and to rail against the NCAA last year for its suspension of Sharrif Floyd. He should have added that such conduct by Leonard is "deplorable, abhorrent and inexcusable."

It's no secret Meyer recruited players and fostered an atmosphere that Muschamp is trying to clean up. Many of Meyer's recruits have transferred, not wanting to deal with a coach who actually holds them accountable for their actions. The arrest record under Meyer was embarrassing and already nine UF players have been arrested under Muschamp. It's no coincidence that eight of those nine players were either recruited by Meyer or committed to Meyer before Muschamp took the job.

Even so, Muschamp is now the coach and must play the hand he's been dealt.

His first play should be to discard any and every player who abuses women.
    Last edited by Rob F; February 21, 2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Lord's work, Godspeed. Shame Tressel and Meyer lacked the character.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• On a separate note, I have this feeling deep down, that a lot of the Pope's disdain for M is manufactured in some way. He knows that Hoke's "Ohio" reference is galling to some fans and he knows that Hoke has unified his team/fans with a single purpose, hence he feels the needs to drag out the TSUN nomenclature, so Buckfans feel he is really passionate about the rivalry.

I think the Pope is all about recruiting top talent, winning games, and national championships ... I just don't buy that he cares about the Ohio-M game as much as he claims to. In this way, I think the Pope and Tressel are quite different, although both have and will continue to place winning above all else.

Anyways, I don;t have any great facts to back up what I am saying, just a feeling I have gotten so far.

Comment

• Janoris Jenkins was a favorite of mine as a recruit, glad M missed out on that one...

Agree on the 'TSUN', if he'd have started that on day 1 it would've been more genuine. Instead he decided that a couple months into his tenure unlike Brady Hoke who NEVER wore red while he was a Cardinal at Ball State (colors were red and black) or as a SD State Aztec (again, school colors were black and red). Day one he never referred to OSU as anything but 'Ohio.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
            On a separate note, I have this feeling deep down, that a lot of the Pope's disdain for M is manufactured in some way. He knows that Hoke's "Ohio" reference is galling to some fans and he knows that Hoke has unified his team/fans with a single purpose, hence he feels the needs to drag out the TSUN nomenclature, so Buckfans feel he is really passionate about the rivalry.

I think the Pope is all about recruiting top talent, winning games, and national championships ... I just don't buy that he cares about the Ohio-M game as much as he claims to. In this way, I think the Pope and Tressel are quite different, although both have and will continue to place winning above all else.

Anyways, I don;t have any great facts to back up what I am saying, just a feeling I have gotten so far.
            Sure. Going back to his out clause at Utah he would have come to any of OSU, ND or UM. In retrospect I can see why he didn't end up here. There's no way a coach deemed unseemly at an SEC program -- even one that's more amateur than the others -- would be hired in A2.

Comment

• Yeah, I can imagine that's how it went. Urban approached Michigan when he heard that LLLLLLoyd was quitting, and after a background check, Bill Martin determined he didn't meet Michigan's high standards of character. After narrowing it down to Les Miles and Rich Rod, Martin went with Rich Rod the underdog after LLLLLLoyd sabotaged Les' chances.

High moral character indeed

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post

This should be this board's motto

Comment

• As for the Mike Bianchi article, LMAO. A lover scorned...

Here's what that sad sack of shit Gator homer had to say about Meyer three years ago. He begs him to stay at Florida:

Note that he doesn't even mention the Florida arrest record, he doesn't give Zook any credit for Meyer's teams, and he predicts Urban will go down as the greatest coach in college football history. Seriously.

So use that clown as a "credible source" at your own peril

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    This should be this board's motto
                    Credit where its due and all that. This made me laugh
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I suspect DSL has been spending the last few hours trying to dig up dirt on the article writer to discredit him. Don't blame him. Everyone here crapped on Rosenberg and the FREEP in the past. No one likes hearing negative press on their team/head coach.

Of course there is no denying that these things happened at Florida, regardless of the spin one chooses to place.

Comment

• It took me less than 5 minutes to find a Mike Bianchi article slurping UM. Indeed, said he was destined to be college football's greatest coach ever if he chose to stay at UF.

How often do you think he wrote about the arrest record while Urban was coaching there?

Comment

• Whether he wrote about the arrests or not is irrelevant, no? Are you saying that the 30+ arrests under Pope Urban's watch didn't occur?

I'd be embarrassed to have a coach devoid of any integrity running my program, but heh, I'm not an osu fan. Thank God.
                          Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Michigan fans would have been ecstatic if Meyer had been hired in 2007/2008 just as they would have thrown a party over Les Miles in 07 or 2010. Saying otherwise is a sanctimonious lie

Comment

• And no, the arrest record is nothing to be proud of. I was only attempting to give you insight into the credibility of "journalist" Mike Bianchi, a guy who only found Meyer subject to criticism after he had bolted the program and is still very bitter about it. Even some Michigan fans question the quality of that piece.

I'm sure Coach Hoke has a few ex-girlfriends willing to tell us all about how he's total scum.

Comment

• I've always disliked Miles since he's been at LSU, never wanted him as M's coach...

Meyer? Back in '06-'07 when I noticed M's incoming talent was dropping and the offensive schemes went ultra conservative; I was hoping Lloyd would call it a career and Urban was my coach I hoped would succeed Carr. I have little doubt, Urban will continue what JT did; he's even got the lying part down.

Comment

Working...
                                X