Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As the college world, learns more about a more polished version of the disgraced Jim Tressel, the less they like what they see. Expect many more defections...perhaps along the lines of epic "Soviet Mig" proportions.
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 21, 2012, 09:00 AM.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Very dark days in Columbus. First, OSU manages to ruin a nice little 22-2 run against M in men's hoops and football with two disgraceful losses. Second, they hire UFM. Third, the lose their secondary coach to an NFL DC job. It's at the point where I'm scared to get out of bed in the morning.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
        As the college world, learns more about a more polished version of the disgraced Jim Tressel, the less they like what they see. Expect many more defections...perhaps along the lines of epic "Soviet Mig" proportions.
        I suspect it may be time soon to build a very tall and electrified fence on the border. We don't want to suffer an influx of them.

Comment

• It's at the point where I'm scared to get out of bed in the morning.

That's what happens when you live in ohio.

Comment

• Maybe he should move to Michigan. I could see Mr. Talent Esq. living somewhere in the Chelsea area ...

... I'm sure his Michigan grad wife would love the opportunity to live in the mitten again ...
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• As mentioned, Pope Urban will fit in nicely in the cesspool.

Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• my favorite line from article is:

Muschamp dismissed his best player, Janoris Jenkins, from the team for a couple of pot arrests last year. Said Jenkins afterwards: "No doubt, if coach Meyer were still coaching, I'd still be playing for the Gators."

of course, our resident Buckfans will dismiss as sour grapes and jealousy. On the other hand maybe the Pope has learned his lesson and will run a "clean" program in C-bus.

Comment

• There's also good reading on mgoblog.com, on how much the "our players do more impressive majors than your guys" is such a sham.

These guys doing the "tough" majors are almost all walk-ons!

Last edited by Pasadena Blue; February 21, 2012, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Did they even look at M's walk-ons majors?

Comment

• Regarding OSU majors: What is exploring?
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                        As mentioned, Pope Urban will fit in nicely in the cesspool.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...1553252.column
                        Even I can admit, as a blatant M homer and hater of all things osu/meyer, that's a pretty ridiculous article.

"a program bereft of not only talent and depth but honor and discipline."

Seriously? That's a pretty stupid statement.

But, it's also always fun to bag on urbie now that he's in columbus, so carry on!! Ha!

Comment

• the bereft of talent is definitely a stupid thing to say, since the one thing Meyer did consistently well at Florida was recruit. He is and probably always will be a monster recruiter.

I think he is fundamentally not an ethical individual and is willing to look the other way as long as a guy is solid on the field... but I admit this may be just M homer-ism.

Comment

• The arrest record would certainly support your case, PB! Of course, I wonder what it would look like to compare arrest records for most major CFB programs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                              As the college world, learns more about a more polished version of the disgraced Jim Tressel, the less they like what they see. Expect many more defections...perhaps along the lines of epic "Soviet Mig" proportions.
                              LOL. Love the Cold War reference- If you can't send them to the Gulag, at least take the chance to dismantle them and send them back in boxes...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                                Regarding OSU majors: What is exploring?
                                It's general studies.

I find it odd that Urbie took it down after it became public. Why would he be embarassed.
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X