Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelf-life is the only downside.

Comment

• No question hack, a younger Meyer worked some early miracles, however inheriting the "tainted patina" of Tressel and his leftover minions may pose considerable obstacles.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I think the expectations for Meyer are going to be astronomical, if they're not already.

He's going to have to run a gauntlet every time he loses a GAME, much less losing to Michigan.

If he doesn't go undefeated multiple times in his first five years, he's going to be in trouble with a lot of OhNo fans.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Now, if you want to look at his record at Florida, I'd think his 10-2 record against his main rivals and his 2 BCS Titles would be more indicative of the type of coach he is than a Citrus Bowl. Call me crazy.
          Fair analysis of ufm at UF.

I disagree with you though that the 2007 Citrus Bowl and his 2006/7 UF team does not provide a window where ufm's vulnerabilities that I speak of are on display.

Two things. He was burned out by then. You are right, he has a shelf life for the reason you and I have pointed out. He had reached it. I was at that game ..... it would have been a blow-out had Mike Hart not fumbled twice in the end zone, the first fumbles of his senior season and the first coming after some amazing number of successful carries. I think M turned the ball over two other times on promising drives not involving Hart. On the sidelines ufm was dead-pan and not nearly as animated as he had been and his players lacked enthusiasm on both sides of the ball. He also had no come back for the offense that Lloyd and Debord trotted out for this game. You could say that was Mattison's fault I suppose but it looked to me like he was content with letting Greg dangle and then blaming him post game. Rodriguez did a lot of that with his menagerie of DCs it was a huge weakness of his and had a lot to do with his ego. I think there are lessons and parallels there.

.... anyway, it's going to be interesting ..... Bo and Woody II
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; February 8, 2012, 10:16 PM.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I was at that game too, we left 21 points in the red zone, only reason the score was even close. I might add, the best bowl game of the season too!

Anyway, Meyer went 7-5 in his last season at Florida, endured heavy criticism, highly-ranked classes that floundered. Many suggested he was getting out while the getting was good, as the wheels seem to come off rather quickly in his last year.

Without Steve Addazio, Dan Mullen & Tebow, Meyer has his work cutout for him at OSU.

At least he will get an "exhibition" season next fall to tinker, damn probation.

Speaking of probation, has OSU been assigned an Officer yet?
            Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 9, 2012, 05:53 AM.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Let's not forget John Brantley , Meyer's highly-rated Tebow successor was a bust. Also CAM NEWTON cut his teeth under Meyer at Florida. Jumping out o f a window with a stolen laptop to avoid the police , really?

Comment

• Speaking of probation, has OSU been assigned an Officer yet?
                LOL!

Wouldn't a warden and guard towers with armed guards be more appropriate?

Or maybe better yet would be to assign a room mother, like you might see in the neighborhood kindergarten...

Comment

• Seems like it's about time to trot this out again.

If Tressel's departure only serves to open the door for Urban Meyer, I will be totally pissed. Fickell must have moderate "Rich Rod" success as the new HC in order to tie OSU's hands for 3 years or so...... If in the end if it only meant trading Tressel for Meyer (best coach in the game) the Big Ten is gonna take a beating! Enjoy your summer.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• No question ufm is a good coach .......

We're just here to temper your enthusiasm about him and the future of the bucks.

Been down that road.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• No doubt, Jeff. I simply find that it's useful to remind OP of his honest opinion every now and again. :-)

Comment

• As I recall we had "unbridled enthusiasm," so our road was different.

Comment

• We live in an imperfect world (most of us anyway) where we often form opinions, make judgments and decisions based on data that is missing information.

Sadly, incomplete, inaccurate and even fraudulent information is fed to us by dishonest individuals, in the case of Urban Meyer it appears it was all three at that time.

I mean, leaving your 'dream job" to take another 'dream job" while using your family or health as cover, is underhanded at best and a devious ruse at worst.

With regret, as America learns more about the truth of Urban Meyer, the less we like what we see, especially duped Floridians.
                          Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 9, 2012, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• I see Meyer booted Berry to make room for Diggs.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Old news. And Berry sort of booted himself.

Unfortunately, I'm not too optimistic about Diggs.

Comment

• can't really blame him. This is what Saban does. Meyer is definitely bringing the SEC mentality to the B1G. Either the other teams adapt or they get trampled. As I said, Meyer knew he wasn't going to be able to compete with the Saban's of the world and knew the jig was up in the SEC. Now he has found fertile ground in a football talent-rich state without in-state competition, a weakened foe to the east in another football rich state, and only Meatheads and Flounders for opposition coaches. He's no dummy.

Comment

Working...
                                X