Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, Dodson teetering back toward good guys. Infernal USC is tough to compete against, though. Wisconsin, heh, is obviously out of its league at this stage.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• UFM offered 2013 Ohio kids: DeVeon Smith, Courtney Love and Ben Gedeon. Whether they are "commitable" offers, I dunno.

Comment

• I like the idea, Jamie---and add one more thing to the rule that would give it some real "teeth"---give the conference offices the authority to suspend for one game anyone guilty of "flopping" a 2nd or more time per season.
        Not firm enough. Transfer the offender to the soccer program
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• That WAS some serious soccer-style acting.

I'ver never understood why soccer has so many floppers in it. It must be because in soccer you have so much to gain--if you can flop your way into a red card, you pretty much are handed the game on a silver platter.

Comment

• Exactly. Soccer needs NHL style enforcers to deal with serial floppers. Plus it would make it less of a pansy sport.
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Depends on the league. EPL is fantastic and has very little diving. Frankly, a dive, especially in the box, is more likely to earn the diver a yellow. Serie A is a disgrace. Diving is part of the culture of the game. Other leagues are mixed bags, but those are two extremes.

Comment

• Jalin Marshall is officially on board for 2013. Prior to UFM's arrival, I think Marshall was probably a slight ND lean and Cameron Burrows was solid SEC lean. Now the top 2 players in Ohio are sign up before the 2012 NLOID.

Eli Woodard (CB from NJ) and Caleb Day (OH-Ath/DB) should be next, in short order.

Comment

• An OSU-MSU feud brewing? LMAO. I thought you guys might enjoy the tears from EL:

If Urban Meyer and Mark Dantonio are chewing some of the same recruiting real estate in Stark County at the same time, they’re probably not meeting at the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Don’t expect to see the two Big Ten coaches marveling over the Jim Thorpe statue together.

If there was a friendship, Dantonio’s defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi indicated there isn’t any longer. Meyer swiped McKinley recruit Se’Von Pittman away from the Spartans last month, a commitment that had been in East Lansing since the summer. In recruiting, like love and war, all’s fair.

Narduzzi was the guest speaker Monday at the Pro Football Hall of Fame Luncheon Club at Tozzi’s on 12th. Wednesday is national signing day, and the Spartans will land two from Stark County. At least Narduzzi is expecting Marlington’s Zach Higgins and McKinley’s Jermaine Edmondson to sign with Michigan State.

Pittman would have given the Spartans a third. But a gentleman’s agreement with former Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel is no longer in play.

“(The agreement) has been between the coaches,” Narduzzi said. “Jim Tressel and Mark Dantonio would never call or talk to each other’s commitments. People coach Dantonio knows well don’t come in and take players away. When you do, you lose friendships over that.” Narduzzi said he would not speak for Dantonio and declined to say if there were a friendly relationship between Meyer and Dantonio. However, he indicated, Michigan State’s coaching staff learned a lesson.

“It sets a tone and starts a recruiting rivalry,” Narduzzi said. “I guess it’s fair game. You don’t want it to be that way, but that’s how it is.”
                  Michigan State had four assistant coaches assigned to recruit Ohio. An indication that a recruiting rivalry is heating up? Dantonio is assigning a fifth coach to Ohio.
                  Narduzzi never mentioned Higgins and Edmondson. NCAA rules prohibit coaches from talking about recruits until they’re on campus, other than on signing day.
                  But the veteran defensive assistant made mention of not wanting recruits who change schools.

“We don’t worry about a guy we had and didn’t get,” Narduzzi said. “We want guys who want to be with us. Our philosophy is to take our time and recruit the right way.”

In fairness to Pittman, he indicated a leaning toward Ohio State before Tressel was fired in late May. After OSU’s program spent much of the summer in a media firestorm, Pittman changed gears and verbally committed to Michigan State.
                  Then when Meyer was hired, he recruited Pittman, and McKinley’s four-star defensive end switched his commitment.

Dantonio, who was on Tressel’s national championship staff at Ohio State, has made a name for his program. Prior to taking over the Spartans, he turned around Cincinnati’s program.

Now Michigan State is turning a corner and is again in the top half of Big Ten teams. Prior to Dantonio, the Spartans had not been to a bowl game for four straight years. The Spartans have been to a bowl game five straight seasons now. They have had consecutive 11-win seasons.

And Stark County is playing a role as well. In addition to Higgins and Edmondson, Northwest graduate Nate Klatt will compete for a starting spot on the offensive line.
                  Narduzzi said he’s after blue-collar recruits. Without mentioning Terrelle Pryor by name, he mentioned the circumstances in which Pryor committed to Ohio State. It was several weeks after signing day and Pryor, already with a lot of attention, had the recruiting spotlight on him until he committed to Ohio State. Michigan State, Narduzzi said, always loses out on those players.

“I think it’s a good thing we don’t get those guys,” Narduzzi said. “They end up being the ones who cause you chest pains for four or five years.”

Comment

• Indeed that was enjoyed, tx.

Comment

• There are a lot of things that make me chuckle in that article, but I like the "fifth coach" being assigned to Ohio. Heh. Maybe that will help them fend off Wisconsin, Indiana, Bowling Green and Toledo for the Ohio recruits that they actually have a chance with.

Comment

• Some people will no longer have the ability to be friends with Coach Dantonio.

Comment

• Heh heh heh

Comment

• I think it’s a good thing we don’t get those guys,” Narduzzi said. “They end up being the ones who cause you chest pains for four or five years.
                            Interesting choice of words for Narduzzi to use, given Coach Dantonio's health scare a couple years ago. This seems to be an ongoing problem for NumbNutzzi ...
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I guess it's not enough for MSU to have just one big brother. They want another.

Comment

• FFS, don't you dare insinuate that MSU is, at all, related to OSU. OSU and MSU don't dance in the same circles for recruits. Maybe they still fight M for in-state kids, but whatever -- that's you're problem -- to the extent it is a problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X