Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two interesting observations in that piece .......

Reeves. If he chooses osu, they'll be one above their curtailed limit (82). You've got to beleive the pontiff is chafing over this sort of thing. Good.

I understand attrition and so forth and that the only time the limit counts will be in August. So maybe not a big deal. But if I were Reeves, or any osu roster player, I'd be wary given where ufm came from.

osu picked up Bill Sheridan as an assistant. Sheridan was a former LBs coach under LC. This is a prime pick-up IMO. I'd call him as good if not better than Steve Szabo who I thought was really good and that RR didn't retain him, really stupid.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm not going to bore you guys with numbers, but there's no way OSU will be at 82. My guess is that in the near future they'll actually be under. I can tell you, Roger Lewis, a recruit in this class, is FUMA-bound. And there will be a few more transfers (regardless of whether recruits come in).

I like Sheridan. A solid, veteran coach.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• FUMA?

Comment

• FUMA = F' Urban Meyer Always

Comment

• FUMA = Football Utilization Money Allotment aka "Fast Cash" .

They have many types of funds at Ohio.
            Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 28, 2012, 03:22 AM.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Fork Union Military Academy, located in beautiful Fluvanna County, Virginia. Prep school alma mater of Michigan RB and Doak Walker award-winner Chris Perry, as well as Vinny Testaverde, Eddie George, Plaxico Burress, and many others.
              Last edited by JRB; January 28, 2012, 05:55 AM.

Comment

• Most here would have danced in the streets if Michigan had landed Pope Urban in 2010 after the Rich Rod experiment was over. I know OP would have

Comment

• meh ... probably not in 2010 ... but maybe if Urban would have succeeded Lloyd Carr .... but that would have been weird ... lose his last game at Florida to Lloyd Carr, then follow him to Ann Arbor and take over for him there ...

In 2010, I would have expressed the same concerns that I did when he became OlieO's coach. I really wonder if he's going to be able to handle the pressure. I think he's gambling with his health.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• after what went down in 2006, Meyer would never have even been considered for the Michigan job.

Comment

• Though UFM's recruiting steam is fading a bit with Dodson maybe leaning USC, Cox likely off to EL and Marcus maybe leaning staying home, still a good article on the "UFM Effect"...

For the class of 2013, Jalin Marshall will commit on Tuesday. WooooOT! And there will be other big early verbals, including, maybe the likes of Robert Foster.

Comment

• You guys pretty much got the class you should've had without the scandal. Some of the guys you ended up with, you would've had if not for the JT issues.

Comment

• I hereby nominate DeShaun Thomas of the ohio basketball bucknuts for permanent enshrinement in the hall-of-dishonor that this thread promotes!!!

A true Loser, Cheater, Idiot of ohio!!!!!
                          Last edited by Rob F; January 29, 2012, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• I think they need to put in a new rule. If they go to the video to see if it was a flagrant foul and find out that the guy NEVER EVEN TOUCHED HIM, it should be a technical foul for delay of the game.
                            Last edited by Jamie H; January 29, 2012, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• I like the idea, Jamie---and add one more thing to the rule that would give it some real "teeth"---give the conference offices the authority to suspend for one game anyone guilty of "flopping" a 2nd or more time per season.

Comment

• Reeves will apparently sign with OSU (if his twitter is to be believed). Probably more to do with Camren Williams than UFM, but if taking a quality 4* recruit at a position of desperate need hooks you Reeves, so be it.

Comment

Working...
                                X