Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reports: Colts interview Jim Tressel

ESPN.com news services

Tressel To Colts?

Reports: Colts expected to interview former Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel about coaching position.

Colts owner Jim Irsay flew to Florida on Friday and while there discussed the team's head-coaching job with former Ohio State Buckeyes coach Jim Tressel for a second time, according to reports.

Tressel
    Tressel, who resigned in May after an NCAA scandal that enveloped the Ohio State football program, was hired by former Colts coach Jim Caldwell in September to be a game-day consultant in a role that allowed him to work from the team's coaches booth and advise Caldwell about replay reviews.
    Irsay wrote on his Twitter account Saturday that he expects to decide on a new coach next week.
    Tressel didn't begin his duties with the Colts until the seventh game of the season.
    NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has said he would have suspended Tressel if the Colts didn't make him sit out games to start the 2011 season. Because of the NCAA violations involving improper benefits, Tressel would have served a five-game suspension to start Ohio State's 2011 season had he remained coach of the Buckeyes.
    On Friday morning, Irsay flew to Sarasota, Fla., where Tressel owns a home, according to the Indianapolis Star, and according to WBNS-TV in Columbus, Ohio, a second interview was conducted.
    Irsay has gutted the Colts' front office and coaching staff after their 2-14 season, and Caldwell was fired Tuesday, two days before eight assistant coaches were let go.
    Irsay's tweet read: "The (hash)1 pick debate will rage on,what a great year to have it..the HC search is wide ranging n thorough,decision by mid 2 late next week."
    The Colts played the season without Peyton Manning, who had his third neck surgery in September.
    The day after they locked up the No. 1 overall draft pick, Irsay fired team vice chairman Bill Polian and his son, general manager Chris.
    Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
      Reports: Colts interview Jim Tressel

ESPN.com news services

Tressel To Colts?

Reports: Colts expected to interview former Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel about coaching position.

Colts owner Jim Irsay flew to Florida on Friday and while there discussed the team's head-coaching job with former Ohio State Buckeyes coach Jim Tressel for a second time, according to reports.

Tressel
      Tressel, who resigned in May after an NCAA scandal that enveloped the Ohio State football program, was hired by former Colts coach Jim Caldwell in September to be a game-day consultant in a role that allowed him to work from the team's coaches booth and advise Caldwell about replay reviews.
      Irsay wrote on his Twitter account Saturday that he expects to decide on a new coach next week.
      Tressel didn't begin his duties with the Colts until the seventh game of the season.
      NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has said he would have suspended Tressel if the Colts didn't make him sit out games to start the 2011 season. Because of the NCAA violations involving improper benefits, Tressel would have served a five-game suspension to start Ohio State's 2011 season had he remained coach of the Buckeyes.
      On Friday morning, Irsay flew to Sarasota, Fla., where Tressel owns a home, according to the Indianapolis Star, and according to WBNS-TV in Columbus, Ohio, a second interview was conducted.
      Irsay has gutted the Colts' front office and coaching staff after their 2-14 season, and Caldwell was fired Tuesday, two days before eight assistant coaches were let go.
      Irsay's tweet read: "The (hash)1 pick debate will rage on,what a great year to have it..the HC search is wide ranging n thorough,decision by mid 2 late next week."
      The Colts played the season without Peyton Manning, who had his third neck surgery in September.
      The day after they locked up the No. 1 overall draft pick, Irsay fired team vice chairman Bill Polian and his son, general manager Chris.
      Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
      Stan (from the Tom Brady unlimited/NFL Thread):

In my opinion Jim Irsay is a chip off the old block of his father, Robert Irsay that made the move in the middle of the night while continuing to negotiate with the city of Baltimore. The Ravens park a Mayflower moving van outside the stadium whenever the Colts play ion Baltimore. Jim Irsay did basically the same thing--threatened to move the Colts to LA unless the city and county built him a new state of the art stadium at taxpayer expense and full control over perks such as parking and concessions. Irsay is a dumb shit that inherited the team from his father's estate after Robert Irsay fucked over his surviving wife.

It looks like a "marriage made in hell", The Irsay Family and The Vest are made for each other!! A conniving, cheating family to hire a conniving, cheating, lying head coach---heaven can wait!
      Last edited by Rob F; January 22, 2012, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• "Tressel, who resigned in May after an NCAA scandal that enveloped the Ohio State football program,....." (bold added)

This is what probably irks me the most in all the past and future articles that will chronicle Tressel...... that he resigned. The lying, cheating, SOS should have been fired, as he once was, but the lying, cheating SOS, that is OlieO Skate College once again showed their true colors.

Comment

• Obviously, to anyone at all knowledgeable with the situation, it was very much beneficial to have him resign. Anyone familiar with the O'Brien saga knows exactly why.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Of course it was beneficial to have him resign. That's the point.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I though the point was he *should* have been fired instead of forced to resign.

If that's point, then I'm dealing with standard ignorance. I suppose I understand the obsession, but meh. Oh well. I can only inform those who wish to be informed.

As to actual Ohio State information, Jamal Marcus and Demetrious Cox both had good visits but neither committed. Cox will probably not decide before signing day; Marcus, I think, will commit this week. I'm really, really excited about Marcus.

Comment

• Never underestimate the audacity of the Boys from Ohio....or the "misguided" wisdom of the NCAA Infractions Committee.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• As the Wheels of Justice turn slowly... remember the entire CFB World has OSU on permanent probation.

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Over signing??? That's not the SEC I know.
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I'm happy to post accurate roster info, but that wouldn't mesh well with the meme.

Comment

• Best keep your "type" fresh for Pravda.

Comment

• Reeves has now officially dropped Penn State.

Comment

• M vs Ohio battle... Garnett dropped ND, M vs Stanford battle...

Comment

• When Hoke started recruiting, he had no way of knowing he would go 11-2 and win the Sugar Bowl. That obviously gives the program a recruiting boost (as we are now seen as being "back" and probably means he could have been marginally more selective.) But to have been ridiculously selective, especially given the huge talent deficits on our roster at certain positions, would have been beyond arrogant before the season had such a positive result.
                              Last edited by Jamie H; January 23, 2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• Having Royce Jenkins-Stone, Mario Ojemudia & James Ross in your backyard at LB, it allows you to be very selective when recruiting LB'ers. Taking Kaleb Ringer was questionable unless the staff really liked Ringer. I like Ringers talent level (your thoughts talent?) but M was in a position to be picky and took the low hanging fruit...

This class is really solid and really deep; I don't see too many head scratchers like we typically saw in Carr's, RR's offer lists...

Siona Houma is strictly a FB, Hoke is going to go under center a ton post Denard and he's going to use a FB more than a lot of programs currently use a tight end; M landed a really good FB and they are going to use him a great deal... AJ Williams is a guy who didn't catch a ball as a tight end his senior season, he's still scheduled to come in as a tight end but I don't see why you don't just line up another offensive tackle there if who you have at TE is no threat to catch the ball; I hope he grows into an OL which is what quite a few recruiting experts expect... I'm not as high on Allen Gant as some, would like to hear talent's take on him if he's got one. He got rated high in the very early evaluations (between soph/junior year) and kept dropping and dropping the more people saw him; still the staff felt he was worthy of an early offer and took his commitment despite being in on some other safeties like Elijah Shumate...

Every class is going to have kids like the above, sometimes these guys prove the recruiting experts wrong. We'll see if Hoke knows more about football than the recruiting experts, who more than anything rely on college coaches offer lists to rank prospects.
                                Last edited by WM Wolverine; January 23, 2012, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X