Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not my insinuation. It appears they want to take a break from biting my ankles in order to pay more attention to yours. My advice is to carry on as you are and pay no attention.

Comment

• That was hilarious. It's like I always say, Sparties are so cute when they're angry.

Comment

• Some serious smoke from several different quarters re Diggs. Unfortunately, some serious smoke on Dodson to USC. Meh. Drama is almost over.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It's too late to really talk any more "rumors" re Marcus and Dodson, so I'll wait, happily, for their announcement.

The other thing, in addition to Diggs, that's come up, is Davonte Neal "will" (according to some folks) be a Buckeye. Neither Diggs nor Neal are scheduled to announced today, but I'd be happy with either one -- both would be retarded.

Comment

• I thought you guys were looking at the high teens in scholarships, no? Then you guys lost a few via sanctions. How can you guys sign ~25 or so?

Comment

• They had 5 or 6 early enrollees this year, so the "25" isn't in play. I think they're currently at 82, which is their number. If "insiders" are to be believed (and the guys I read have been really good, fwiw), numbers absolutely won't be a problem for Ohio State. According to these guys, there will be a fair amount of turnover (in short order) with players transferring -- some have made it known to the staff already. The attrition isn't that surprising -- UFM is A LOT different from Coach Tressel. I'm not sure it's as big a shift as LC to RichGOD, but it's similar. Kids signed up to play for a certain coach; that's changed radically (See, heh, Kalis, Kyle).

So, the 25 isn't a problem. They're at 82, but expect to lose at least 3-5 more kids. Frankly, I think when summer camp rolls around, they'll be below 82 after the attrition.
              Last edited by iam416; February 1, 2012, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Davonte Neal may announce today. Good lord.

Comment

• Meh. F ESPN. Reported that Neal and Diggs would decide today (contra to all known info). One more shitass piece of reporting to screw with OSU fans. Heh.

Comment

• Farrell is saying Neal to OSU.

Comment

• Yeah. As I understand it, he either stays home (family pressure/HS coach pressue) or he comes to Columbus (not playing for RichGOD pressure...heh).

So, question is, does he take is OV to Arizona this weekend or does he just commit today.

Same deal with Diggs....as I undertand it, it's down to Maryland and OSU. He wants to take his OV to the Terps and decide next week.

Meh, wish they would decide today, but I can't fault them for giving their home-state team a serious look.

Comment

• Jamal Marcus is "in". IMO, the best LB they signed.

All other LOIs are in. Waiting on Dodson. And then Neal and Diggs.

Comment

• ...hopefully just Diggs. I think he's the last name on the board that we have a crack at.

Regardless, the hole in this class is CB, where we both struck out and or were victims of a number of unfortunate circumstances. I really though that we would have finished stronger after getting some momentum with Kiel...oh well.

I've got no complaints otherwise...solid, but not spectacular class.

Comment

• You guys signed a lot of quality. If Kiel works out, that's a huge coup. I can't really speak to whether ND filled its needs or not, but on the face of it, some very good kids coming to South Bend.

Comment

• Disregard all previous. Sounds like we just got fucked by our top WR recruit Greenberry...

Comment

• What?????? Is it Houston? I heard they might have an outside shot.
                                Last edited by iam416; February 1, 2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X