Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why? You some kind of masochist?

Comment

• I am going to enjoy that day, Liney.
      I'm sure you will, and you should.

I'll enjoy watching Michigan win the B1G conference championship game, and their appearance in the Rose Bowl, ... where, of course .. they will lose. Losing the Rose Bowl is a B1G tradition.

I'll look forward to the 2013 OlieO v Michigan game in Ann Arbor as well.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 2013 won't be any better for M.

As for losing Rose Bowls, I guess. But, OSU has won the last two they've played. So, maybe not the entire B10. Anyway, good luck on getting your first conference title in awhile.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• So much hate, so little time.....
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Just like an annoying chihuahua; nip nip nip away at those ankles.
            Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• 2013 won't be any better for M.
              If you say so. However, I respectfully disagree.

I don't see Michigan's football fortunes regressing any time soon. They've got a very tough schedule in '12, so we probably won't see a repeat of the 11 wins this year. If they get 11 wins, they'll be in the MNC game. But even if they only win 9 games or so, I won't take that to mean that they are regressing. To me, that will simply mean that a very difficult road schedule didn't work out in their favor.

I think that the talent level is going to continue to grow, especially as the '12 class integrates more into the starting lineup. I also believe that success breeds success, and as these kids continue to improve, that top talent from around the nation will give Michigan a better look than in days past.

I also believe that Coach Hoke and his staff have just scratched the surface on the positive effect that they will have on this program. Hoke is the epitome of a players coach, and once this becomes well known, (and its just a matter of time before it does), I believe that top talent from all over will want to play for the man.

And besides, this is Michigan, for goodness sakes ....
              Last edited by lineygoblue; January 15, 2012, 05:02 PM.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I think losing Denard will really hurt.

Back to OSU, Decker has committed as has Joey O'Connor. The latter is a guard, so I'd assume Diamond is out. I thought he'd end up south, and still think so. Anyway, two 4* OL is a good weekend.

Comment

• That's why we need to forget about a "September Heisman" and give Gardner as much OOC playing time as possible.
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I don't see a huge fall-off in '13, depending upon a few things:

*Shane Morris/Devin Gardner being assets instead of liabilities; them being some of the better QB's in the league there shouldn't be a significant fall-off...

*Fitzgerald Toussaint will be a 5th year senior and hopefully M lands a blue chipper or two in the '13 recruiting class like Ty Isaac or Deveon Smith...

*Class of '12 recruiting class' OL will NEED to be ready for prime time as redshirt freshman or true sophomores; along class of '11 with Jack Miller C (rs soph) and Chris Bryant (rs soph)... Taylor Lewan could leave early after '12...

*Defensively in '12 M graduates Craig Roh, Kenny Demens, Thomas Gordon, JT Floyd & Jordan Kovacs; quality guys but everyone is replaceable is M recruits well.

Comment

• They may be more talented in 2013 than in 2012 or 2011, but it will be very young talent + new QB. Whereas OSU will a hugely veteran team in 2013. TBH, if I had to guess that far out, I think M has a *significantly* better chance of winning in 2014 than in 2013, even though the game is in Columbus. JMO.

Comment

• Relative to OSU, I'd agree...

M compares favorably to most everyone else in the B10 for '13; quality QB play will be important. M should be capable of 9+ wins and have a chance against everyone they play.

Comment

• Probably re rest of B10, but, tbh, I don't know. I know PSU falls of a cliff after 2012. Wisky will probably still be short a QB. Dantonio's team will probably be about as good -- good enough to contend in a down year, but not elite.

Re OSU recruitng, Jamal Marcus will visit this weekend, which is huge news. He may be the lowest rated of the recruits still on the board, but most people have him near the top of their "wish list." With Marcus visiting, I have to think Perkins is on stand-by waiting to learn if Marcus takes his spot or not.

In team related news, Dominic Clarke and Peewee Gambrell have been released from their scholarships. Both had relatively recent run-ins with the law. Under ordinary circumstances, I don't think either did anything that would merit getting kicked off the team. But, UFM is in full-on "example-making" mode. As it relates to the team, Clarke is a loss; Gambrell isn't. But both are in the secondary -- which may explain OSU's renewed interest in adding DBs. C'mon down, Armani Reeves!

Comment

• Michigan probably has four new starters on the offensive line in 2013, plus a new starting QB and we'll be needing to replace Roundtree and Stonum. We're losing an okay group on defense too (Demens, Roh, Campbell, Kovacs, Floyd). It'll be our biggest rebuilding year since 2008. Probably on par with 2001 and 2004.

Comment

• Cameron Burrows will pop the cork on the class of the 2013 this week. Jalin Marshall soon to follow.

Comment

• Tyler Decker on why he flipped: "“I would say there were several things in my decision,” said Decker. “The first was academics. Notre Dame is a very prestigious school and would provide me a great education. However, when I made my commitment I knew Notre Dame did not have my major and that bothered me."

And that major would be earning a quasi-degree while continuing to be a lying cheating scum that learn how to trade tattoos for college eligibility while preaching Christian values as a cover for a total lack of morality. Seriously what "major" could a school like OSU have that ND doesn't? What a douchebag!

Comment

Working...
                                X