Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    You and Hoke think exactly alike....and probably share the identical diet.

hello
    Nothing wrong with what he eats. Problem is he consumes in mass quantities! Schmucks > Ducks.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Great story Doc. :-)

I hope we cross paths in Ann Arbor this fall.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Coach "Herbie" in addition to unlimited practice while Oregon is restricted to 20 hours caught another huge break.

Oregon redshirt freshman wide receiver Darren Carrington failed a drug test administered by the NCAA and has not traveled with the team to Texas for the national title game on Monday. The Ducks will be without him and fellow redshirt freshman receiver Devon Allen, who was injured during the opening kickoff of the Rose Bowl.

Carrington and Allen accounted for 78 receptions, 1,388 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns for the Ducks this year.

Jameis [SIC] Winston rapes a woman and Cam Newton's Dad is paid several hundred thousand dollars and the NCAA can't reinstate them fast enough.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Carrington can join Noah Spence in watching the game. Of course, Spence would be playing if he played in ANY OTHER POWER 5 CONFERENCE!

Incidentally, I was speaking with my wife about OSU and I said I don't think OSU would be in the title game if they still had Tressel, which prompted a bizarre "argument" where she was touting how great JT was for OSU and that UFM still had a long way to go to match him, etc. Very odd. I ended up having to parse it as Coach Tressel is an all-time favorite, but, well, I think UFM is a better coach. Thrilling story, I know.

Finally, we need more stories from Doc. I'd still love to hear about the Snow Bowl, even if he was just listening to it on the radio holed up in his dorm/frat house.
          Last edited by iam416; January 10, 2015, 09:46 AM.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think Doc has talked about the Snow Bowl before. But, I'm sure he'd love to regale us again with that story ... :-)

Comment

• It was cold that day but the blizzard had passed south of Ann Arbor. We didn't have TV but were glued to the radio. When the game was over guys emerged from their frat houses, hollering and banging on pots and pans. The whole town was in ecstasy and united in their joy!

It wasn't long before film of the game became widely available. Possessing the ball was a liability in this game because of fumbles and complete inability to navigate on the snow covered turf and zero visibility. Each team punted something like 24 times. Our hero was Charlie Ortmann, all purpose RB, passer, punter. Ortmann and Koceski were the RBs and pillars of the M offense that season.

Comment

• I've told this story before. Some of my frat brothers went to C-bus for "the game" and found their tires slashed in the parking area after they left the stadium. I've never attended a game down there but have heard many stories about the crazies that inhabit that "school".

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  I ended up having to parse it as Coach Tressel is an all-time favorite, but, well, I think UFM is a better coach.
                  Ha! Don't upset the keeper of the cookie...
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                    Knowing Ohio State, I almost guarentee Barrett will look good and they will still go 11-1.
                    Damn, on page 599 on August 20th... why did I say this....

With that said, knowing Ohio State and teams I hate, I almost guarantee Ohio State will beat Oregon because spread offenses like Oregon struggle half of the time vs teams like Ohio State in "the big game." The offensive and defensive lines will be a difference and I think that is where Ohio State will win it.
                    Last edited by Cody_Russell; January 10, 2015, 11:12 AM.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Now the question will be, which quarterback will they lose?

They have three proven starters.

B Miller isn't going to be happy riding the pine if he's healthy.

Barrett led them to what was it, 10 wins? He won't feel its right to sit.

C. Jones isn't going to buy having to sit, especially if he is the QB that leads them to a win over Oregon for the NC.

So, who moves on? Most likely candidate, IMO, is B. Miller. I believe he has transfer options, and there's always the NFL as well.

If either Barrett or Jones transfers, they have to sit a year before playing. I'd guess they'll both stay, but whomever loses the "starter" designation will not be a happy camper.

Comment

• Oh the horror.

Comment

• I still think Barrett is the best of the three.

Comment

• Yup.

Comment

• JTB doesn't run as well as Braxton and he doesn't have the arm of Cardale, but he is probably the perfect fit for that offense. That said, Cardale made one or two throws against Alabama -- deep seam stuff -- that JTB couldn't make, ever.

I think it's more likely than not that all 3 are back, but if you told me 1 would leave, I'd guess Cardale and he declares. As unthinkable as it was 2 months ago, he's probably a draftable player.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Miller is gone, gone. Meyer has a few years with Barrett or Jones left.

Miller graduated and can transfer immediately and play another year or entire the NFL draft.

His only 2 options.
                                Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 10, 2015, 12:24 PM.
                                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

Working...
                                X