Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A regularly scheduled conference rivalry game certainly not a Bowl..... but hey the ability to separate fact from fiction has routinely escaped most Bucknuts.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Now that I think about it, it was a spread-related concern. Which, for me personally, I am very interested in and either way I'm delighted. If it turns out that all the dinosaurs in A2 were right about the spread not working in the Big Ten, that's obviously great. If it works, well that's something to have fun throwing in the face of those too arrogant to accept the overall buffonery's role in RR's failure.

Of course he's not going to have Tressel's record, but he won't be coaching in Tressel's Big Ten either.

Comment

• Blah ,blah, of course we've heard that crap before, "Tressel assembled all the pieces, title run, Heisman QB" right up to the moment when NCAA Investigators busted the coach and his players, DSL & Talent painfully know the rest. In reality, Fickell delivered 7-5 and an assjacking by ND in the Gator.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Hack

UFM won't be operating with the talent deficiency RichGod had, nor will he operate with utter indifference to defense.

If his offense works in the SEC, it works in B10. The better question is probably whether it requires a hugely talented QB. Harris at BG was very good by MAC standards; Smith then Tebow. Leak is probably an exception, but he did a nice job maximizing his talent. If you think Miller will be good, then I think you have your answer re UFM offense.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Miller will be Tebow scary if he gets a more accurate deep ball. Nobody that I saw all year had an answer to Miller's running or his ability to throw deep balls downfield during a scramble. IMHO the bigger question for OSU is offensive line, WR, and RB. The O-line has to be rebuilt after years of shittty coaching and everyone other than Posey and Herron at the skill positions sucked last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
              " I think next year's team is going to be fantabulously good."

Only to be wasted as being totally irrelevant to the national scene. Last game in November. I know'.....I know..The UM game is your "bowl game". The chant of losers if there ever was one.
              I believe Talent was referring to the 2013 season

Comment

• The inbreds are up in arms.

The burning of an Ohio State recruiting letter has led to some nasty responses for Michigan recruit Logan Tuley-Tillman.

CAPTION
                Photo via Logan Tuley-Tillman's Twitter account

Tuley-Tillman tweeted a picture of the letter in flames and it hasn't sat well with fans of Ohio State."There have been a couple death threats," Tuley-Tillman told Yahoo! Sports. "And they've been sending my mom messages on Facebook. I just told her you can't listen to it because it's one of he biggest rivalries in sports."

Tuley-Tillman, who is a four-star offensive lineman at Manuel (Peoria, Ill.), committed to Michigan last February. However, he was still being recruited other schools, including Ohio State.
                He participated in a Nike Camp in Columbus and was turned off by the behavior of Ohio State fans while he was wearing a Michigan hat.

"I was up there and the fans were cussing me out and they were saying '(expletive) you' and stuff like that while I was walking through the mall," Tuley-Tillman said. "It wasn't like in my face. They were like saying things and then would power walk away. One of them actually threw something at me, but it didn't hit me. So, that's how it started."

Those harsh feelings continue for Tuley-Tillman.

"There was just something about them," he said. "They're a good school, I just really hate the whole state of Ohio. I just can't wait to get a chance to play them."
                Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Nice, no doubt Talent & DSL were among them....and DSL, will save you the trouble, no doubt Fielding Yost was likely behind this.
                  Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 29, 2012, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Yup, pretty normal, them OSU fans.

Comment

• OSU I saw in '11 was really young most everywhere (tons of sophomore starters) and their QB Miller was starting as a true freshman behind a young and mediocre OL... Things improved a bit when Adams returned though imo Brewster was overrated...

They will be much improved if their young receivers, OL and QB can progress as they should. Miller looks like a special talent that'll create havoc for most every defense he plays against; he's a threat on the ground, in the air and unlike Denard, a threat on the ground after there isn't a receiver open.

Comment

• WR is still an issue; OL not really, though there's little depth.

Almost everyone in the two-deep is back for 2013 with a few notable losses (Simon and Stoney). Hankins and Toby could leave, too.

Comment

• And kudos to Buckeyes fans for putting that fat tub of lard in his place.

Comment

• I see enough talent on your OL to be solid or better, receivers are still very young and questionable how talented they are.

Comment

• UFM agrees with your assessment.

Comment

• Your defense should be one of the better ones in the B10 in terms of talent so even if your offense is just average, it should be good enough in all but a handful of games (MSU, Neb, PSU, M, Wisky).

The top of the B10 from last year (Wisky, MSU, PSU) imo is quite a bit weaker due to graduation, early entries; but those teams should still be tough games, especially the ones on the road...

Comment

Working...
                                X