Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amen.

Comment

• On Saturdays when its a big game...time must be cleared!

Comment

• Every M football game is must watch till they are no longer bowl eligible. There should be a law of no weddings allowed in Michigan on Saturdays in September, October & November.

Comment

• I agree WM. During the RR years however it got so bad that I started not changing my Saturdays around to catch the game.

Comment

• So stop bitching about the time it's on. This is the highlight of your Saturday.

Comment

• Yes it is but I've got other shit to do as well.

Comment

• The Ohio Supreme Court Displinary Board has recommended that the lawyer who tipped off Tressel be suspended for six months because of his unethical conduct in revealing potential cleint information to Tressel. Jesus, even the whistleblowers tied to the OSU prograqm are a bunch of sleazy cheating scum bags! What a fucking cesspool, eh DSL and Talent!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/19331410/board-sixmonth-ban-for-lawyer-who-launched-buckeyes-scandal

Comment

• Columbus is a corrupted Cesspool...

Comment

• Stop comparing Columbus to cesspools.

Its unfair.

Columbus is the whole septic tank.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Columbus is the capital of corrupted cesspools, better?

Comment

• “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• How to Piss off a Buckeye

It's not easy being a Wolverine fan living behind enemy lines in Ohio. From what we've been told by those that live there, the abuse is constant.

Well, a couple of M Zone readers and M fans finally had enough. And they came up with a very funny and clever way to get back at their Buckeye brethren who surround them on a daily basis.

The guys contacted Eastbay, a large online athletic supply company, and had a couple of custom #58 Clemson jerseys made up with the name "BAUMAN" put on the back. As the guys said in their email to us: "It's a small moral victory but we do enjoy wearing these whenever we happen to be in Columbus for OSU home games. Yes, it's pretty childish but it makes us laugh. Especially when OSU fans recognize the name and jersey, and become very, very upset."

So who is Charlie Bauman and why would this piss off Buckeyes so much? Well, for those that don't already know...

Charlie Bauman was the Clemson football player who had the audacity to intercept Buckeye QB Art Schlichter's 3rd and 5 toss in the waning moments of '78 Gator Bowl. He then ran out of bounds in front of the Ohio State bench. Woody Hayes became enraged that somebody had the nerve to intercept one of his rare pass plays and decided national TV was a great place to slug Mr. Bauman. As a result, Ohio State fired Hayes the next day (and Hayes went to his grave never having apologized for "The Punch").

Needless to say, one can now understand why Tosu folks bristle at the sight of these jerseys.

Ah, the art of the subtle - but highly effective - taunt. I think I can speak for all the M Zone staff by saying, "Well done, gentlemen. Well done."

nts
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I remember seeing that live on TV. The announcers tried to ignore it, but it was just way too obvious what had just happened.

Comment

• LOL! Gotta love it.

Comment

• When I see that last name, I think of the guy who used to sing bass for "Sha-Na-Na". I think they called him "Bowser", but his last name was Bauman.

Comment

Working...
                                X