Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Stoneburner and Mewhort have had their scholarships suspended for the summer. They are both taking classes this summer, so that'll smart a bit...
    ...for the booster(s) who will pick up the tab

Comment

• Hearty fuck off to ESPN. Hope it was worth it. Lol.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• How was anything they (Stoneburner and Mewhort) did caused by espn?

Comment

• As I said their offense was stupid and not a big deal. I think Urban wanted to show that he is doing things differently that at Florida where he let his Circle of Trust run the program.

The hiding between cars is just hilarious though, so it's hard to blame ESPN for going with it.

Comment

• Lol. Different things.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Ohio Supreme court ruled within the last day or two that records sought in the tressel case by ESPN were protected by FERPA .........

I haven't read the opinion yet and I don't think I will. I really don't give a f***

gee does have connections right up there. At least he's good for something besides being a gigantic buffoon.

osu fans should be proud.
              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; June 19, 2012, 06:49 PM.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The Ohio Supreme Court has ruled in favor of Ohio State University in an open records lawsuit filed by ESPN.

ESPN filed suit in July after Ohio State denied requests for additional documents about the 2011 investigation involving former football coach Jim Tressel, Terrelle Pryor and the former Buckeye quarterback's mentor, Ted Sarniak. That investigation ultimately led to the resignation of Tressel and NCAA sanctions.

The university cited federal privacy laws regarding student information in its response to ESPN. While the court ruled Ohio State initially violated open record laws by deeming the requests too broad or failing to release information due to the ongoing investigation, on Tuesday it issued a unanimous ruling that the school had properly used the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

An ESPN spokesperson declined to comment.

The Ohio Supreme Court has ruled in favor of Ohio State University in an open records lawsuit filed by ESPN.

F ESPN

Comment

• It's very cute that they let it be called a ``supreme'' court in Ohio too. Positive reinforcement I guess...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    .........F ESPN
                    Sure F*** the most important aspect of American character and integrity.

Let me make this clear. I absolutely detest ESPN's coverage of college football games but I absolutely and unequivocally support a free press. Without it, untold evil acts by Americans claiming to act in our best interests would not be outed. Nixon on Watergate, Bush II on Iraq, Bernie Maddoff come immediately to mind.

.....and right behind them are the shenanigans of osu under the leadership of jim tressle.

There is no vindication in this finding, boys. None. osu is as dirty as it comes in the game of college football. Don't forget it. And just in case you do, I'll be here to remind you about if for a long time to come.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Don't forget it. And just in case you do, I'll be here to remind you about if for a long time to come.
                      You tell 'em, Jeff!

Comment

• It was a victory for THE Ohio State University and the human race, which thankfully excludes Wolverines

Comment

• The lack of contrition is really quite something...

Comment

• Were ESPN's lawsuit successful they could just as easily request all documents, emails, and communications related to the coaching search after Carr retired and/or Rich Rod was fired. And would have inevitably discovered the multitude of other violations Michigan hushed up when caught, red-handed, breaking practice rules & regulations.

Comment

• They could request all those emails. And routinely do. That's one of the things that led to the story about the players and the classes they take.

In this case OSU claimed the emails were about students and therefore couldn't be released
                              I don't know exactly what was requested, but FERPA is a real thing and prevents releasing student information. In Washington, if the records could be anonymized they would have to be released under the PUblic Records Act.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Were ESPN's lawsuit successful they could just as easily request all documents, emails, and communications related to the coaching search after Carr retired and/or Rich Rod was fired. And would have inevitably discovered the multitude of other violations Michigan hushed up when caught, red-handed, breaking practice rules & regulations.
                                guffaw ......

We're comparing apples and oranges here, son.

Stretchgate in the minds of one idiot sports journalist from Detroit versus massive lie-cheat-pay players gate. We're talking tats for memorabilia, free cars, free chicks, SEC level free-for-all cheating. We're talking national sports press interest, dude, because there actually was a story here of corruption.

Great stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X