Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmm...Cal comes in and plays at 9am PDT. Coach bringing donuts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Miami-OH, Central Florida, and Cal will all be noon games

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...imes-announced
      You guys get noon games. I'm jealous. Even our shit games are going to be at 3:30 this year.

Comment

• I'm not a fan or the 11:00 am games
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I'm not a fan of 3:30 games at all. Kills the entire Saturday. If you plan on tailgating or even beating the bumper to bumper traffic, you gotta leave in the am anyway. Game doesn't get over until 6-6:30, wait an hour before even thinking about getting out of A2 and then another hour home. The whole Saturday is done. At least with a noon game, you have the choice of hanging out / partying after the game or making it home for the honey-do list.

Some of this would be mitigated if Michigan were moved to the Central Time Zone, where it belongs anyway.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• If you're watching live football, that's the highlight of your day. I'm in favor of making it the whole day. Get there early and stay late.

Comment

• Jon... Sounds like a beautiful Saturday to me.
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Yeah, its kinda hard to make an all day CFB day sound bad in any way, shape or form.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• After decades of Michigan Football, I still miss those 1PM Kickoffs we used to have back in the days before ESPN took over (for the most part) game-time scheduling. Those 1 PM starts are impossible to beat, but also impossible to find. Noon is a bit too early and interferes with a nice, relaxed pace for tailgating; 3:30 means (like Jon wrote) a late-night arrival back home.

I just wish I didn't live a 2 1/2 hour drive from Ann Arbor---it means 5 hours of game-day are spent on the road, so I learned to make the most of it by occasionally overnighting in the Ann Arbor area and combining Michigan Football with Michigan Hockey or Tiger Baseball. Haven't yet done a "tripleheader", but only because the opportunity hasn't come up. Someday...

Comment

• I just wish I didn't live a 2 1/2 hour drive from Ann Arbor

Rob you should move to Windsor, its less than an hour away.

Comment

• Yeah, Geo is going to finance that new bridge in Detroit to help encourage more of us to live in Windsor ....
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• bwahahahahaha

Red Hot Chili Peppers' drummer sings 'The Victors' at Ohio State concert

By The Detroit News
                        96 Comments

The Red Hot Chili Peppers were well-received during their concert in Columbus, Ohio, last Monday.

Well, until the very end, that is.

The crowd at Value City Arena cheered wildly as the concert wound down and drummer Chad Smith chucked drumsticks into the audience.

But then Smith took the microphone and started to sing again — "The Victors," Michigan's fight song. Not exactly the encore fans — many dressed in red during the concert at Ohio State's basketball arena — were looking for.

Smith, also dressed in red by the way, sang the first couple lines of "The Victors," dropped the mic and walked off the stage.

All to a loud chorus of boos.

The Chili Peppers have strong Michigan ties; Smith grew up in Bloomfield Hills. Lead singer Anthony Kiedis was raised in Grand Rapids.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz1xYKPDCms

priceless
                        AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• RHCP is now one of my favorite bands!

Comment

• I'd like to see the lesser games start at noon as well. I agree that the 3:30 starts kill the whole Saturday even if your watching from home.

Comment

• Michigan football is not an obligation for which time must be cleared. It is an opportunity that comes along more more than 13 times a year.

Comment

• I thought it was a religion.

Comment

Working...
                                X