Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooo...the house is not worth what you paid for it, and you want to make it somebody else's responsibility?

Comment

• I love the hate.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• DELAWARE, Ohio (AP) -- Two Ohio State football players have been arrested by police in a central Ohio village on a charge of obstructing official business.
        Senior tight end Jake Stoneburner and offensive lineman Jack Mewhort were arrested at about 2:30 a.m. by the Shawnee Hills police. No details were immediately available on the misdemeanor counts against the two.
        WBNS-TV in Columbus reports that a third man, Austin Barnard, also was charged. He is not affiliated with the football program.
        The Delaware County Sheriff's Office told the TV station that the three were released after posting $2,000 bond.
        Stoneburner, a 22-year-old Dublin native, caught 14 passes last season, seven for touchdowns. Mewhort is a junior from Toledo.
        A message was left at Ohio State's athletic department.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1whv8STZd

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          I love the hate.
          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IyqekXd8H8"]I'M JUST A LOVE MACHINE by THE MIRACLES - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Stoneburner arrested for urinating in public. Heh

Comment

• Thanks mostly to Talent, this thread has gotten even more unreadable. What a waste.

Comment

• Here's a statement on the Stoneburner arrest, as reported by one of the Columbus TV stations:

"Tight end Jake Stoneburner and offensive lineman Jack Mewhort were arrested at about 9:30 a.m. by the Shawnee Hills police near the Bogey Inn, 10TV News reported.

A third man, Austin Barnard, was also charged. He is not affiliated with the football program.

Police told 10TV News that two officers saw the three men who they believed were urinating between buildings. The officers attempted to talk with them but they ran away.

Two of them were captured while they were crouched in between vehicles, police said. The third person was found hiding in nearby woods after officers threatened to use a police dog."

All three were released about a little more than an hour later after posting $2,000 bond, according to the Delaware County Sheriff's Office.

Comment

• that's a funny story.
                  I think this is something people should start getting used to.

I suspect UM will bring some titles to C-bus, but it would seem unlikely that the other associated baggage seen at Florida won't follow as well.

It doesn't mean Hoke won't have his share of arrested players, but as with most things in life that are varying shades of grey, its a percentages thing. Ohio will just be hitting a higher percentage --- that's my prediction. We'll see how the next 4-5 years shake out.

Comment

• Boy talk about "fear factor" These big tough Oshittu players ran and hid like little pussies when the cops showed up. (much like ND pussies) Smell the fear!

Comment

• UFM gets starts out with two players arrested before he coaches a down! My my my. What fine character building he does. (but then again look at what he replaced) Smell the Fear!

Comment

• Not a big deal. If he was taking a piss in public after a night of downing beers, who cares.

Big Will was having the same kind of fun ..... bouncing off the hood of a car and crushing it after downing a few. So what.

What will be interesting is to see how these two very similar incidents are handled by their respective coaches/programs. We're not going to hear a lot of details about this. Insiders may have some scoop over the next 4-6 months about how this all played out for both of these talented, starting players from M and osu. Reliability of that scoop may be suspect.

What info won't be suspect, though, is the number and character of police blotter entires that show up in AA and c-bus involving football players. My hunch is that we'll see more of these seemingly innocent misdemeanors showing up in c-bus than in AA but tha's just me. pope urban II seems a perfect fit for osu. He doesn't care much about what goes on with his players as long as they win football games. It's in the genes.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• What's a "big deal" is how the players reacted/ running and hiding behind a vehicle and into the woods instead of owning up. Contrary to Talent's and DSL's protestations, character does count. Character continues to be lacking at Oshitu.

Comment

• I'll give them a break.

Tell me you didn't ever high tale it when you didn't want to get caught doing something you shouldn't have been doing at the first hint the cops were around.

Howeva, these guys are seniors ...... 21 or 22 and Stoneburner, a coach would expect, is a team leader. The Sophs are supposed to pull this sort of shit and the Seniors are supposed to be keeping them from doing it. So, you make a point about character. Doesn't exist down there in Northern Kentuck it would seem.

Cue comment about "FEAR" ........

I've been thinking about this meme of talents. Fear isn't the right word. Curiosity is more fitting. No doubt, ufm is a great football coach both as a recuriter and as an Xs and Os guy. He's also got credible organizational and leadership skills if his record at a number of programs is a good measure of that. I think it is.

urban's issues involve his frontal lobe. He's volatile and probably impulsive if one can believe the rumors aboout his infidelities at UF and I don't think there is much doubt that they were present. I'd actually say, so what about that if it weren't for some of the other baggage that he's known to carry. Off field issues with his players being the most prominent if not overly generalized.

This circle of trust thing might lend some insight. First, urban lied about it when he was first asked and later back tracked when it was clear there was such a thing with the players and staff at UF. I can speak from experience with this kind of thing. It is terrible leadership approach as it marginalizes some who then can act out because they are disgrunteled. Mostly about their circumstances and young men tend to blame others instead of taking personal responsibility.

With young men, you reach to the weakest link in the team and bring them along until it is proven they are not reliable or cannot perform the tasks you specifiy. Your most important resource is the other team members. Good leaders manage them and usually in order of seniority. In ufm's case, he cannot be the key guy like it looks like he wants to be, elevating himself, as some say, to the level of the pope .... one acting like this expects fidelity and loyalty to the extreme as the circle of trust seems to imply. I've seen leaders like this. They don't do well because subordinates abandon them. In football parlance, they don't buy in.

I think Iv'e read urban had some of those buy-in issues during his last season at UF before he threw in the towel, which is exactly what he did, IMO. I think he left a troubled ship .... one of his own making. So, it's going to be intertesting to watch his act at osu. Fear? None. Inquisitive observation and ruthless critique when even the smallest things go afoul? Count on it.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• the big wild card is what Meyer learned from his mistakes at Florida. Obviously we are all hoping he didn't learn much.

Comment

• So Talent's name has changed...but he is still a douchebag.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X