Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grades are miraculously high when you cheat.
    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• “It’s the education part,” Washington continued. “I know all these schools athletically can offer me the same thing. The academic support at Ohio State, there is no way you can fail. Even if you’re giving minimal effort there is no way you can fail.”

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Congrats to OSU football for their 988 APR score, second only to NW in conference and top 10% overall. Yet another great showing. And not just in football. And M can celebrate, too, as their dangerously low APR is at least high enough to avoid scholarship reductions.
        This is laughable, just laughable.

To compare NW to osu on academic terms is ludricrous, you know this. While there might be some special classes for NW football players and they certainly get great academic support there, I'm sure, I'm also sure they can add and subtract, read at an acceptable level and, OMG, probably solve an algebraic equation.

This is not true of osu players if terrell pryor is a good example of the best of them. From a football perspective, I think he is a model osu football player. Granted there are some acadmically decent osu athletes. But praising APR, a notoriously useless measurement of academic achievement chosen by the imbeciles within the NCAA, is just stupid. You might as well argue getting a degree from an online like University of Phoenix is as valuable as getting one from the University of Arizona.
        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; June 20, 2012, 03:08 PM.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Maybe not from the University of Arizona, but perhaps from Ohio, sure. And there's the added benefit of never having to spend any time in Columbus.

Comment

• Dance for me you fucking idiots. Lol.

And lol at the excuses, especially Buchanan's retarded attack on the APR. NW, Duke, Stanford and Vandy topped their respective conferences. And OSU was third nationally while M and their legendary.kinesiology-turned-into-something-else approach is predictably pathetic. Sounds about right.

Just. Superior.

Stings, don't it?. Lol. You don't have to answer- you already have with your truly dimwitted protestations.LMAO.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Btw, congrats to M for tying MSU. Nice to see they're at least trying to compete on that level, even if the results have been a long, long time coming. Fortunately, M fans are well-practiced in dealing with long losing streaks to rivals.

Comment

• Likes a bit of flagellation, it appears.

Nobody buys your bullshit, dude. It's fun to have a crack at these softballs, but let's not get too excited about it.

Comment

• The forum from an outside perspective..
                  [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5MMQ096ggg"]Monkeys fighting at the zoo - YouTube[/ame]
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• That's the preferred level of "discourse" by M fans. Preferred, though, may be generous. It's probably the only level they can do. Lol. It's hilarious.

Poor Hack is so irate there is steam coming off his desperately angry posts. Precious. And fantastic. LMAO.

Comment

• Yes. I'm irate that you made me think of Adolphus Washington and that wonderful quote. I hate being reminded of that quote.

Comment

• Calm down. You're just embarrassing yourself.

Another great day to be a Buckeye.

Comment

• Speaking of "great days", this might end up being a great day to find and use those "buttons" that I and the other moderators have available to us. Unless cooler heads prevail, that is.

This thread is in serious danger of being locked, at least temporarily, if the personal insults continue to be dished out. I don't have a problem with foul language, snide remarks, disagreements, "racy" pictures/avatars/userpics, etc. But if and when things go too far and posts are made that "cross the line" and become personal insults, I'm not in FEAR of stepping in and putting an end to it, if it becomes necessary.

To the other moderators: feel free to take action without having to contact me if any of you feel it necessary. This forum and it's predecessor on Worldcrossing have long been a cut above most of the others out there on the internet; while I oppose the use of 'censorship' as a tool of control, I also recognize that none of us want this place to degenerate into the BS you see on many other forums such as th MLive Forums and various Politics Forums where idiocy reigns. I think and hope we're better than that here.

(p.s.: Please take your comments and ideas regarding this post to the 'Forum Administration' thread that you'll find permanently near the top of the list of threads. Lets not clutter this thread up with such a discussion. I only posted this here to get the attention of everyone that posts and reads here, in an effort to diffuse things before they get worse...)

Comment

• Lol. The irony is off the charts. This thread is one giant insult thread. M men. Lol. I guess it only becomes personal or over the line when I wind up the retards. LMAO.

Comment

• I guess it only becomes personal or over the line when I wind up the retards
                              No, it becomes personal when you make it personal. And your use of the word "retards" is offensive, for reasons that you are completely aware of.

For a man with the higher education that you have sir, you certainly manage to hit the lowest levels of insults much quicker than the rabble that you so eagerly attack.

And I never cease to be amazed at how such highly educated people who are fans of the team in ohio, continue to believe that all their respect, decency and honor is wrapped up in the score of a football game to be played in November. I mean, as long as ohio has one more point than Michigan in November, then all will be well with the world. Even though ohio will be sitting at home due to NCAA sanctions for cheating, ... all will be fine, if ohio has one more point than Michigan in the upcoming football game. That's just priceless.

I would think that highly educated people from ohio would be absolutely outraged that a football coach brought such dishonor to one of the top football programs in the country. To have that sort of negativity resting on the reputation of what was once one of the most honorable programs in the country, to me, would be unbearable. If I were an ohio alumni, I would be absolutely outraged at the fact that our program had to cheat to get ahead, and is now being punished by the NCAA, just because a coach tried to win a couple more football games. But, .. not so with ohio fans. They see this as a badge of honor. A blue ribbon, if you will. Something to be proud of, .. and something to "rally" around when the "game" returns to columbus in November.

I didn't like Woody Hayes, but I had some grudging respect for the man, because he would never cheat to win, and his teams always played tough, hard nosed football, and you could win HIS respect by doing the same. He'd never admit it openly, but he'd respect you if you did things right. That's why Woody and Bo got along as well as they did. Mutual respect, brought on by mutual honor.

Honor no longer has a place in columbus. Only points on a scoreboard. How sad.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Lol. Idiot - for you pc tools. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X