Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stand by my criticism of how the word "retard" was used earlier in this thread.

Not long ago, we had a poster here who left in a huff because I would not ban another poster because they were into gay-bashing.

I have no intention of banning anyone for using either of those terms. Just be ready to face up to it, if someone calls you out.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
      Just food for thought. FWIW I don't use "retard" simply because it sounds so juvenile when it's used. There are many other words that can be used to insult someone than just that blanket "low hanging fruit" of an insult.
      And that's what it comes down to. I don't give a damn about "political correctness" but, really, how many more turds need to get dropped in the punchbowl?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Turning pro or transferring doesn't count against the institution so long as the athlete is in good academic standing when they leave. The institution could be hurt if, e.g., the athlete turns pro mid-semester and bags classes which causes his grades to slip below the threshold limit.
        I don't think this is true or at least hasn't always been true. Unfortunately my 35 second google search didn't reveal the rule to me.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• "and if you want to set a tone, ride Stan."

Hack: Smooooch sweetheart!!

Comment

• SLF

Neither was always the case. Both are now, and were as of 2010. My 30 second search was better thab yours! (Fyi, apr calculation NCAA)
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Attrition was very high pre RR and got even worse during RR's reign. Attrition (at least my perception of it) has slowed a bit since the '11 season started.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                Just food for thought. FWIW I don't use "retard" simply because it sounds so juvenile when it's used. There are many other words that can be used to insult someone than just that blanket "low hanging fruit" of an insult.

Not Acceptable R-word PSA - YouTube
                I saw that on TV and almost pissed myself laughing.

Comment

Goddamn you Nancy-boys for derailing this shit with the semi-annual touchy-feely "what should we do with thread" line of pussery. Bastards.
                  Some of us may have been born out of wedlock, and many of us have had the pleasure of knowing some very fine and honorable cats in our lifetimes. Please refrain.

Comment

SLF

Neither was always the case. Both are now, and were as of 2010. My 30 second search was better thab yours! (Fyi, apr calculation NCAA)
                    I found that, but its unclear to me whether that includes everyone who transferred, including those that transferred to Div -II or JC?

If a guy is academically eligible, but leaves the team (i.e. Justin Turner) to go to J.C. does that hurt the APR?

What about guys who are academically eligible, but got into other trouble?

I will say that this is just one more reason I am glad that RRod is gone. He seemed to have more of an SEC attitude regarding the players.
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      I stand by my criticism of how the word "retard" was used earlier in this thread.

Not long ago, we had a poster here who left in a huff because I would not ban another poster because they were into gay-bashing.

I have no intention of banning anyone for using either of those terms. Just be ready to face up to it, if someone calls you out.
                      That would be me Liney but frankly suggesting one's cousin may our may not work at a gay bar hardly constitutes gay bashing . Frankly Jamie is a diva or drama queen that never missed an opportunity to feign "moral outrage" whenever it suited him. If I had my durthers pistols at dawn would have have worked too.
                      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• That's not the situation I was referring to, OP. Nobody has ever asked me to ban you.

This was a situation a bit more than a year ago where a poster PM'ed me and told me that if I did not ban a certain person, that they were going to leave. I tried to handle the situation via e-mails and without banning anyone, but they left anyway.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• This was a situation a bit more than a year ago where a poster PM'ed me and told me that if I did not ban a certain person, that they were going to leave. I tried to handle the situation via e-mails and without banning anyone, but they left anyway.

Dunno who it was and perhaps that person's persona as a poster was quite agreeable, but that sounds like a pretty douchey thing to do.

Comment

• "I go or they go" is a fucked up bargaining strategy.
                            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Especially for an f-ing internet forum.

Comment

• What now feminine hygiene products? Can't we all just get along?
                                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

Working...
                                X