Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was watching a story last night about the comeback of the Ithica Gun company. They've move their operation from New York to Upper Sandusky, Ohio, and have provided jobs to an economically depressed city. I've been to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, which is on Lake Erie. I assumed Upper Sandusky would be nearby and somehow north. No, Upper Sandusky is about 60 miles south of Sandusky. I'm not sure how that works. Is it an Ohio thing?
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• "Upper" generally refers to being upstream of a body of water (i.e. a river). Don't know Ohio geography so I have no idea if there's a river nearby, but that's my best guess as to the naming convention.

Comment

• NO. Truth is that Ohioans are as geographically challenged as they are spelling challenged (OIHO)

Comment

• Rocky- It's like Drok says. Upper Sandusky lies along the Sandusky River far upstream from Lake Erie. I've never been there personally. But I think most any Michigander who's driven from Ann Arbor to Columbus would go right past it if they take the most common route.

Comment

• There are only a handful of rivers in North America that flow north. I don't believe the Sandusky River is one of those. (But I could be wrong)

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
              There are only a handful of rivers in North America that flow north. I don't believe the Sandusky River is one of those. (But I could be wrong)
              It does. There aren't many rivers that flow north into Lake Erie but there are a few: the Maumee (through Toledo), Sandusky, Black, Cuyahoga, and the Grand River northeast of Cleveland.

The Cuyahoga follows a very odd path where it flows south from its origin to almost akron, then turns sharply north to what's now downtown Cleveland

Comment

• Lake Erie Watershed

Comment

• I thought that might be the case after I posted. Stranelove, Back in the mid-90's a truck driver used to come to our shipping department from Sandusky. We'd talk about stuff, and one day he said he played high school football against Chris Spielman. He said Spielman was a RB on offense, and ran over him like a runaway truck. I always took it with a grain of salt, though he wasn't the bullshitting, loudmouthed type. Is it possible that the two team played each other?
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Quite possible. Sandusky and Massillon are both Division 1 schools. Massillon usually plays teams from all over northern and eastern Ohio.

If you meant Upper Sandusky though, I don't know. My hunch is that they wouldn't be a big enough school to be Div 1.

Comment

• Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I grew up in Niles Michigan where the St Joseph River flows north to Lake Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                          I grew up in Niles Michigan where the St Joseph River flows north to Lake Michigan.
                          ...And was left in a little wicker basket among the reeds along the banks of the mighty river in Niles. There, Pharoah's maids discovered him and raised him to manhood...

Comment

• That would explain a lot of things ... :-)
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• ..... but not the manhood thing.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Stan's a man...?
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X