Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hack.. been thinking about your comments regarding organizational clarity. Hoss and I had a conversation during the NC game that would have fit with your comments perfectly.

It is great to focus on tradition and the past.. but when it confuses your goals, it's a problem. I think Michigan does do the things you described because it is trying to be everything... to the past. It is a tough ask. You can do it, but it is more about climbing a moutain than running down hill.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      I don't know what Nebraska, Wisky and MSU pay for assistant coaches. That's my crude metric for "all-in".

I know UFM's staff is the highest paid and would rate something like #3 in the SEC.

I think M is #2. I don't know after that. It was a loose statement.

ok.. I was thinking in totality.. facilities included.

UNL is supposed to be raising their salaries for assistants.. that is the word, but wisky is behind.

Comment

• also.. I wouldn't include MSU with the all in..

Comment

• Ok, here it is:

Here is what Big Ten teams spent on their staffs in 2012, not including the head coach (Note: Because Northwestern and Penn State are not subject to the same state open-records laws as other schools, their information was not available):
          • Ohio State: $3.29 million
          • Michigan: $2.93 million
          • Illinois: $2.3 million
          • Michigan State $2.2 million
          • Nebraska: $2.15 million
          • Iowa: $2.1 million
          • Minnesota: $2.1 million
          • Indiana: $2 million
          • Wisconsin $1.77 million
          • Purdue: $1.61 million
          A 33% gap between Michigan and Illinois, and Ohio State is 50% more than everyone but Michigan.

Here's a list of the highest paid coordinators in the B10 (looky who's #3!!!!)

Luke Fickell, co-defensive coordinator, Ohio State: $761,000
          Greg Mattison, defensive coordinator, Michigan: $758,900
          Al Borges, offensive coordinator, Michigan: $658,300
          Pat Narduzzi, defensive coordinator, Michigan State: $501,700
          Tom Herman, offensive coordinator, Ohio State: $456,000
          Everett Withers, co-defensive coordinator, Ohio State: $456,000
          Tim Banks, defensive coordinator, Illinois: $400,000
          Chris Beatty, co-offensive coordinator, Illinois: $400,000
          Billy Gonzales, co-offensive coordinator, Illinois: $400,000
          Tim Beck, offensive coordinator, Nebraska: $372,300
          Tracy Claeys, defensive coordinator, Minnesota: $340,000
          Matt Limegrover, offensive coordinator, Minnesota: $335,000
          Greg Davis, offensive coordinator, Iowa: $325,000
          Dan Roushar, offensive coordinator, Michigan State: $307,000
          Mike Ekeler, co-defensive coordinator, Indiana: $306,600
          Doug Mallory, co-defensive coordinator, Indiana: $306,600
          Phil Parker, defensive coordinator, Iowa: $301,500
          John Papuchis, defensive coordinator, Nebraska: $300,000
          Gary Nord, offensive coordinator, Purdue: $275,000
          Chris Ash, defensive coordinator, Wisconsin: $267,050
          Matt Canada, offensive coordinator, Wisconsin: $265,000
          Seth Littrell, offensive coordinator, Indiana: $255,500
          Tim Tibesar, defensive coordinator, Purdue: $250,000
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Beilein is left alone. The football program, obviously, is not. As you say, At Ohio State, UFM runs the football program -- from gameday to recruiting to training table. Do honestly believe that about UM? Heck, when Mattison was hired Brandon took credit for the idea! UM football isn't just about winning. It's about the university's brand and reputation moreso. Gordon Gee working for Tressell vs. Mary Sue Coleman -- obviously it's different. There's one Big Ten program that is ``all in'', and that's osu. The reasons why are found at the very top of the structure.

Comment

• Entropy:

Facilities would the other measure, but I don't have that information readily available.

Comment

Ok, here it is:

A 33% gap between Michigan and Illinois, and Ohio State is 50% more than everyone but Michigan.

Good god Borges is such a fucking criminal. And Michigan can be so fucking stupid!

Comment

• Worth. Every. Cent. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                    hack.. been thinking about your comments regarding organizational clarity. Hoss and I had a conversation during the NC game that would have fit with your comments perfectly.

It is great to focus on tradition and the past.. but when it confuses your goals, it's a problem. I think Michigan does do the things you described because it is trying to be everything... to the past. It is a tough ask. You can do it, but it is more about climbing a moutain than running down hill.
                    EFZ. You have to be fucking brilliant to heed the past and also incorporate the present. What's so damn frustrating about this is that there's one obvious savior, and that's Harbaugh. It's so incredibly clear. He's 48, I think. Mary Sue Coleman is 69. So there's time. Maybe Harbaugh needs a new challenge in five years and does it the unconventional way of wining in the pros first and then going to try it in college.

Comment

Worth. Every. Cent. :-)
                      IS STEINBRENNER BEHIND THIS TOO?

Comment

Ok, here it is:

hearing UNL will push there to 2.5-2.6M. we'll see..

but as I said in other threads.. this is an area the BIG can match the SEC. Give your stud OC $1+M a year.. he won't leave for the MAC as a HC then..

Comment

Entropy:

Facilities would the other measure, but I don't have that information readily available.

from pictues and what I've seen...

UNL/OSU/Wisky are tops in football. I'm bias, but I'd rank them UNL, Wisky and OSU.. Wisky set up is really nice and maybe I over value.

Comment

• Left this out -- the list was for highest paid coordinators and didn't include position coaches:

Ohio State offensive line coach Ed Warinner is the highest paid position coach in the league, at a salary of $357,800.
                            Now, this is a legit WORTH. EVERY. CENT. I'd even bump him up to $358,000 for the work he did with OSU's OL! Great addition.

And as to "all-in" -- Warriner is paid more than numerous coordinators including UNL's DC. Heh, deservedly so.

Comment

• That's essentially it, whether M fans want to face the facts or not is irrelevant. We are in a college football arms race and not to leverage brand worth and franchise value to the hilt is simply idiotic. DB had the opportunity to buy the finest coaching staff possible, was Hoke the alpha hire? Or simply his "outlet" receiver?

As posted earlier:

Side note: Nice to see Ohio where they belong under M, proximity south, next to the colon, hurts their value too.
                              Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 9, 2013, 06:43 PM.
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• OP ... whatever happened to that "Fighting Irish" boat near yours?

Did they set sail right away on Monday, or hang around for awhile?
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X