Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meyer does not make promises to God. He just sends Aaron Hernandez make sure God isnt gonna muck things up.

Comment

• Carlos Ortiz, 27 arrested in connection with murder. One of the previous two unidentified men.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Jamarco Jones is in, but it's still another dark day for the FLAGSHIP.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• congrats on nabbing Jones ... he is a good get, and in a position of need.

Comment

• Thx. Big-time position of need and still a position of need. Need a JC kid or two.

Comment

• FRAMINGHAM, MA—Adding yet another wrinkle to the football player and media sensation’s eventful offseason, authorities confirmed today that a former teammate of New England Patriots quarterback Tim Tebow has been arrested and charged with murder.

“While this is a highly sensitive matter, I can confirm that [Tebow’s former teammate] has indeed been taken into custody,” said Massachusetts State Police Superintendent Timothy P. Alben, referring to the individual who reportedly knows Tim Tebow, has talked to Tim Tebow, and has spent time in the same locker room as Tebow following the deeply religious quarterback’s release from the New York Jets earlier this year.

“As our probe is ongoing, we will have no official comment on [the man who played football with former University of Florida standout Tim Tebow, who continues his rollercoaster journey through the National Football league this year—a journey beset with NFL experts and fans constantly asking this question: Is Tim Tebow an NFL quarterback? And if not, is he capable of playing another position? And if not, does he belong in the league at all?]’s role in the investigation at this time.”

When questioned by reporters, Alben was unable to provide an answer on how Tebow’s physical style of play and experience running the wildcat package would mesh with Patriots head coach Bill Belichick’s longstanding emphasis on the passing game.
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I'd tend to agree with the late Trayvon Martin as per his girl friend, Rachel Jeantel in describing George Zimmerman as a "creepy-ass cracker'!

Given the obvious failure of Urban Meyer's mentorship charge of Aaron Hernandez, perhaps the same may be said of him?

WARNING, the foreshadowing is chilling, not for the faint of heart.

"But by his junior year in Gainesville, Hernandez, his mother and coach Urban Meyer seemed convinced Hernandez' off-field troubles were over. Hernandez was an important part of the Gators' 2008 national championship team, had developed into college football's best tight end (he won the John Mackey Award that year) and was spending time at Meyer's home, sometimes for Bible study. Meyer, it appeared, had become the father figure Hernandez needed.
                "When your guy, your idol, your soul is taken from you, how do you deal with that? I just think there's a part of his life that was not there. He needed discipline; he needed someone to talk to," Meyer told USA TODAY Sports in 2009."

"Recruited by Gators assistant coach Steve Addazio, who grew up just outside Bristol, Hernandez visited campus for the 2006 spring game and made his choice.
                It was a hard time at home after his dad's death.
                "It was a mess with a lot of family issues, fighting and disagreements," he says. "I'm the person who keeps both sides of my family together, and when I wasn't around it was crazy."
                Hernandez played in every game his freshman season, starting three, but off the field he was still reeling.
                "It was a rough process, and I didn't know what to do for him," Terri says. "He would rebel. It was very, very hard, and he was very, very angry. He wasn't the same kid, the way he spoke to me. The shock of losing his dad, there was so much anger."
                Says D.J., who is three years older, "He was just lost."
                Meyer stepped in when he realized a good kid was headed down the wrong path. "Urban became his father more or less and the team was his family," Terri says.
                Every morning, Hernandez arrived at Meyer's office at 7:30 and read the Bible with his coach.

One day in February 2008 when Hernandez was struggling, Meyer met with him at noon in his office.
                "It was a 10-hour meeting. We finished at my house at 10 o'clock. Then it continued the next day," Meyer says. "When your guy, your idol, your soul is taken from you, how do you deal with that? I just think there's a part of his life that was not there. He needed discipline; he needed someone to talk to."
                Says Hernandez, "He helped me through a lot of that stuff. I would have horrible days, and he taught me to put things aside and work through it. We have a great relationship even though he wants to kill me half the time."
                Then he smiles."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...-on-arms_N.htm
                Last edited by Optimus Prime; June 27, 2013, 02:49 PM.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• what a heartwarming story of a mentor and his prize pupil, both men moving since to even greater success at this point in their lives! Enough to make the good Reverend Tressell proud...

Comment

• Thought Gator fans were just spouting sour grapes but they've been very accurate thus far in their reviews of Urban. People who bring up both the pros & cons (of any subject) imo are the most reliable and least biased.

Comment

• LMMFAO. Hilarity. Always fun to see the whole lot of "M Men" jump aboard the OP Trolling Yacht. The SS Butthurt is packed to the brim. Great stuff.

Meanwhile, in actual OSU-related stuff, OSU is in great position to kill it with OL (and LB), their two biggest positions of need. But, when you're bringing the best talent in the B10, that's not much of a surprise.
                      Last edited by iam416; June 27, 2013, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• Irrelevant. The success/failure of the Urban I pontificate rests upon the verdict in the George Zimmerman trial.

So sayeth Bianchi Prime, Master and Commander of the SS Butthurt

Comment

• Intertubes, bitzes.

DSL, where have you been? Hack has been forced to take your bitch-slappin' beatings and he is not happy.

BTW you whine like Paula Deen!
                          Last edited by Optimus Prime; June 27, 2013, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Lots of confidence that Ohio State will add another big-time OL to the class, this time the much coveted JC recruit. I reckon they will probably add 2 more after that, and the disaster of the 2010-2011 classes is fixed (where only Norwell is any good).

Going forward, they like Taylor Decker and Jacoby Boren a lot. They had to convert Farris and Baldwin from the DL, and they may be serviceable. But they really need a guy (or two) that can step in play right away in 2014. I mean, who knows, it's possible they'll be on a 26-game win streak. Can't have a crap OL ruin that!

It's also going to be nice next season to watch UFM recruit with full numbers available.

Comment

• Se'Von Pittman will transfer to Akron. Really hope he takes advantage of that opportunity. He could play in the NFL if he is serious about it.

Comment

• Good heavens OP -- don't make me put down my purse, now.

Comment

Working...
                                X