Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only five bucks?

sheesh ...

I mean, all I gotta do is fart toward him, and he's finished ...
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Greater Cleveland Triathlon, OP!!!! Well, the duathlon event, but yes, The Tour De France of the Great Lakes, no doubt!

Got any EPO lying around the decadent Halls of OP? I think I can nab a podium position, but my blood is going to have to process oxygen a tad more efficiently to grab the gold. EPO! EPO! EPO!
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Seriously , no shit? Congrats!
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          If no charges are filed, and none have been, and the evidence is clear, Carlos will rack up another 140+ against M in a few short months. Even though UFM doesn't use big backs.

Right now it's a matter of waiting to see how the facts play out.
          Is that the O/U? Where do I get in on that action?

Comment

• Seriously , no shit? Congrats!
            Well, we'll see. It's a short event -- about an hour -- so it's a question of suffering as close to the lactate threshold as you can. It's also not a huge event -- only about 60 or so last year (most do the tri), and of that 60, I'm guessing 40 are total "completers". Hopefully field will be a bit bigger this year.

Comment

• Lactation? Men can do that in Ohio? Hard to come down hard on Hyde if everyone is a gender-bender down there...

Comment

• Amongst us athletes it is also known as milk acid. The closest you will ever come to something like this is a mini-bar!
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  Greater Cleveland Triathlon, OP!!!! Well, the duathlon event, but yes, The Tour De France of the Great Lakes, no doubt!

Got any EPO lying around the decadent Halls of OP? I think I can nab a podium position, but my blood is going to have to process oxygen a tad more efficiently to grab the gold. EPO! EPO! EPO!

Sorry no erythropoetin, you're talking to a guy who has never even smoked weed before, seriously.

I recover naturally. For example, we've got the opening day of the annual two-day lobster mini-season. Snorkeling off Biscayne Bay, hoping to become a hero of the barbecue grill this evening.

Combed the reef 12- 20 feet deep. The bag limit is 12 per person per day off Miami-Dade County. Caught and released multiple shorts — bugs with a carapace not larger than three inches.

Netted only 6 legal for most of the day, have to now stop at Fresh Market to fill this ice cooler properly.

Will spend the rest of today drinking beer and slowly recuperating while floating at sea.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; July 24, 2013, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• The hard training of an endurance athlete!

Comment

• Urban Meyer: 'Tough' time for OSU

Updated: July 24, 2013, 2:37 PM ET
                      By Matt Fortuna | ESPN.com

Carlos Hyde Suspended

Jesse Palmer reacts to the report that Ohio State has suspended senior RB Carlos Hyde.Tags: Ohio State Buckeyes, Carlos Hyde, Braxton Miller, Urban Meyer

Carlos Hyde Suspended NEXT VIDEO

CHICAGO -- Ohio State coach Urban Meyer called the last several days surrounding his Buckeyes "tough," saying that he treats every player as if he were his own son and that he hopes his discipline is now as strict or stricter than anyone's in the country.
                      Eight of the 11 questions presented to Meyer during Wednesday's podium session at Big Ten media days surrounded his team's off-field run-ins or his time at Florida, as the second-year OSU coach was facing the media for the first time since four Buckeyes players were disciplined Monday.
                      Meyer said "furious" would be the word to describe his reaction when he learned of some of this past weekend's incidents, terming such situations "nonsense."

More from ESPN.com

Urban Meyer's stance on discipline with the Buckeyes is going to be widely known and surely better understood now. And he has two of his highest-profile players to thank for it, writes Austin Ward. Blog

"Disruption is the biggest thing that bothers me," Meyer said. "I think the head coach needs to set a standard: direct, guide, mentor, push and direct these guys. Ultimately, though, every person is ultimately held accountable for their decisions they make. So we've just got to continue to evaluate all the things we do."
                      Meyer said that he does not reflect on his own reputation, instead worrying about his team and his players. And he said he does at times sit back and wonder if he has given out too many second chances.
                      On Monday, Ohio State had suspended senior running back Carlos Hyde, banned starting cornerback Bradley Roby from attending Big Ten media days, suspended freshman tight end Marcus Baugh and sent freshman Tim Gardner home.
                      Hyde is a person of interest in the investigation of an assault against a woman at a downtown Columbus bar, The Columbus Dispatch reported. He has not been arrested or charged with a crime but was identified in a police report filed Saturday in Columbus.
                      Meyer said Wednesday that he will make a decision regarding Hyde once he evaluates all of the facts of the situation. The coach on Monday had banned Hyde from all football activities as the school awaits the outcome from both a criminal investigation and a code of conduct investigation.
                      According to a police report, Roby refused to leave a bar after a disturbance and was detained by bouncers before being taken into custody by police. Roby is facing preliminary charges in Monroe County, Ind., of battery resulting in bodily injury.
                      Baugh was suspended from all team activities, stripped of offseason aid and will miss the first game of the season on Aug. 31 for his arrest for underage possession of alcohol and possessing fake identification. Gardner was sent home and won't be part of the program this season following the offensive lineman's arrest on Saturday for obstruction of official business.
                      Meyer was also asked Wednesday about Ohio State turning in Florida for alleged secondary recruiting violations, saying that he found out the Buckeyes had reported the Gators after the fact and that he did not know how it became a major story.
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Urban Meyer robbed at gunpoint:

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Say hi to that baby gator for me, you brave sailor!

Also, LOL at "greater" Cleveland. This is where the term "metropolitan" can be deployed effectively to avoid confusion and ridicule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                            Sorry no erythropoetin, you're talking to a guy who has never even smoked weed before, seriously.

I recover naturally. For example, we've got the opening day of the annual two-day lobster mini-season. Snorkeling off Biscayne Bay, hoping to become a hero of the barbecue grill this evening.

Combed the reef 12- 20 feet deep. The bag limit is 12 per person per day off Miami-Dade County. Caught and released multiple shorts — bugs with a carapace not larger than three inches.

Netted only 6 legal for most of the day, have to now stop at Fresh Market to fill this ice cooler properly.

Will spend the rest of today drinking beer and slowly recuperating while floating at sea.

Nice pair of, umm...er...ahhhh...never mind!

Let me re-phrase that.

Nice catch!

Comment

• Did Roby get to attend the meetings after all?
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Not so fast, Hyde's hide may still be on the line!

Police review surveillance video in Carlos Hyde alleged assault case

By Dan Hope
                                Published: Wednesday, July 24, 2013
                                Updated: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 13:07

The Columbus Division of Police have obtained surveillance video of an alleged assault of a woman at a Columbus bar Saturday, in which Ohio State football player Carlos Hyde was named as a “person of interest,” Columbus Police Sgt. Richard Weiner confirmed Wednesday to The Lantern.
                                Weiner said police are reviewing the surveillance video of the incident, which occurred at about 2 a.m. Saturday at the Sugar Bar 2, located at 303 S. Front Street, according to a Columbus Police report.
                                The woman told police she did not know the suspect who allegedly assaulted her but could identify him, according to the report.
                                No charges have been filed against Hyde, but the investigation is still ongoing, Weiner said. Columbus Police have not yet interviewed the woman.
                                According to a Tuesday report from Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports, the surveillance video shows Hyde did not appear to make contact with the alleged victim. Weiner did not confirm or deny this information.
                                Hyde has been suspended from all football team activities pending the outcome of student code of conduct and criminal investigations.
                                Hyde, a senior running back, is expected to be a starter for the Buckeyes this season if he is reinstated. He finished second on the Buckeyes with 970 rushing yards last season, and led the team with 16 rushing touchdowns.
                                Hyde was named to the 2013 preseason Doak Walker Award watch list, an award given to the top college football running back.

Comment

Working...
                                X