Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• efz

Comment

• LOL. I know it's tough to get called to carpet yet again. But, at least you're used to it.

Losing with Hypocrisy. LOL.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• pathetic attempt at deflection
        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• How are you guys doing at the Fulmer Cup under Meyer?

Comment

• They're proudly leading the pack.

After all, they are the "flagship" of course ....
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Honest questions for you guys...when you see that Michigan has a higher Fulmer Cup Standing all-time than OSU, does that bother you at all? It's not very close either, a 30-place difference. I might also add that Iowa, Penn State, Nebraska, Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota, and Wisconsin are all above us as well.

Do you believe that impressions carry more weight?

Comment

• Charges Dropped Against Barking Florida Gator Antonio Morrison

Related
                Florida's Antonio Morrison Arrested For Barking At A Police Dog [UPDATING]

Florida linebacker Antonio Morrison, arrested in June over a dispute at a nightclub, was arrested again late Saturday night on charges of resisting… Read…

The charges against Florida linebacker Antonio Morrison stemming from a Sunday arrest for barking at a police dog have been dropped, [ame="https://twitter.com/osgators/status/359767862048595968"]according to the Orlando Sentinel[/ame].
                Related
                Sheriff: Officer Should Not Have Arrested Antonio Morrison

Florida linebacker Antonio Morrison was arrested late Saturday evening on charges related to barking at a dog. Today, Alachua County Sheriff Sadie… Read…

The sheriff in charge of the agency that arrested Morrison said Monday that his actions likely merited a warning, not an arrest, and dashboard cam footage of the arrest showed Deputy Bill Arnold telling Morrison "I'm telling you, you're going to jail for interfering with my dog."
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• How are you guys doing at the Fulmer Cup under Meyer?
                  It's the only thing M has beaten UFM at. UFM recruiting classes were rated higher unanimously, OSU was ranked higher by AP in 2012, OSU beat M on the field, but in the Fulmer Cup, Coach Hoke ranked higher. Congrats, and thanks for asking.

Comment

• There is a surveillance tape for Hyde (http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/...hyde-case.html). Two stories exist. One, the girl refused Hyde's request to dance and he slugged her. Two, Hyde was involved in an altercation with another guy and the girl was nailed in crossfire.

I don't pretend to know anything about Carlos Hyde, so I have no idea what the truth is. It would seem, however, that we may find out.

Comment

• Hmmm, no sooner than I posted that than there is this preliminary report from Charles Robinson: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...232225921.html. It is, I stress, preliminary. Facts still need to come out.

Of course, a New England Patriot stands charged with murder, so it surely matters not. LOL.
                      Last edited by iam416; July 23, 2013, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• If Robinson's correct, good news

Comment

• Honest questions for you guys...when you see that Michigan has a higher Fulmer Cup Standing all-time than OSU, does that bother you at all? It's not very close either, a 30-place difference. I might also add that Iowa, Penn State, Nebraska, Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota, and Wisconsin are all above us as well.
                          I can't answer for the group, but from my perspective I have to look at the seriousness of what the players were charged with, and what the ultimate outcome was.

Back a few years ago Marlon Jackson was charged with what could have been a felony in allegedly hitting someone with a beer bottle. When the story finally came out, we discovered he didn't hit the guy with the bottle, and Jackson did not start the altercation to begin with. Jackson was cleared of all charges.

Now we had a guy named Goodwin (forgot the first name) who was charged with and convicted of lewdness, or some such thing. As it turns out, the guy was in serious need of counseling. It doesn't diminish what he did, but he had serious mental issues that needed to be addressed.

Speaking again only for myself, what I take pride in as a Michigan fan, is that Coach Hoke is not recruiting any student athlete who has character issues. If they have behavior problems, brushes with the law, etc., he stops recruiting them, no matter how good they are. He believes that the honor and integrity of the University and the program are more important than getting "the next big thing" on campus and in uniform.

And finally, again speaking only for myself, I don't believe that Urban Meyer shares those ideas with Hoke. I believe Meyer, to put it politely, "takes chances" with players who are borderline problems, and hopes he can win a few football games with them before they end up biting him and his program in the ass.

Again, just my perspective, .. and I'm sure it will be vigorously "harumphed" ...

Comment

• Hoke and Meyer recruit the same players.

Comment

• Yes they do.

And when Hoke sees potential behavior problems, he backs off.

Comment

• Just for the record, the Fulmer Cup does take the seriousness of the crimes into consideration. More serious crimes earn more points.

Comment

Working...
                                X