Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    No. He's not a better passer than Miller.
    if you say so.

Comment

• talent is right about guiton. He reminds me of Denard if not a bit more stout.

That kind of talent is tough to defend ..... As you saw clearly in their game Sat.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• if you say so.
        UFM and Tim Herman say so, and that's good enough for me.

That kind of talent is tough to defend ..... As you saw clearly in their game Sat.
        I think Guiton understands the UFM/Herman system better than any player. He's a great story. He was afterthought offer by Tressel to get QB depth (he choose OSU over Prairie View and someone like SMU). When UFM came in, he was on the verge of quitting. UFM thought he was garbage. He managed to turn the corner and become not only a valuable asset (see Purdue!), but was voted captain by his teammates -- as a backup. That's saying something.

As for Braxton, he's got a lot of Italian soccer player in him. Any sort of tweak to his knee sets off full-on panic/writhing in pain. He'll be fine. I'm a bit disappointed he didn't more reps in advance of their road trip to Berkley, but whatever.

As for the game -- San Diego State is just awful. It's a nothing game.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think BM has got a lot of Mississippi leg hound in him.

F' Urban Meyer and OSU, suspect Miller is just another hit away from serious injury.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• With his style of play and build, I am surprised Miller has been able to stay relatively healthy... I think Urbz has been pretty fortunate.

Comment

• Both Michigan and ohio's QB's are one freak hit away from a serious injury. That's why they need to pick and choose carefully when they tuck and run. And their respective OC's need to have as many ways as possible to get the ball out of their hands quickly.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Nice to see Ohio rewarded in the polls for their farcical schedule, week 2: AP #4, Coaches' #3. 10 mores weeks of this nonsense, how on earth will Meyer survive Florida A & M?

Thankfully, Judgment Day November 30th.

Seriously doubt B Miller, given his durability issues even makes it that far. Oh well, it will nearly take the fun out of it. Nearly.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• They do play Wisconsin, Michigan and Penn State. 3 of the top 6 in the B10; probably one less 'tough' game than M. NW & Nebraska being the other divisions top teams they don't play. They'll get tested enough through the B10 and w/ the CCG to have a good idea how good they are nationally and whether they deserve to play in a BCS bowl.

Comment

• If you're talking about Ohio State, they play NW at night in Evanston in what is setting up to be the biggest game played there since 1995 -- and maybe much longer. NW will be 4-0 and probably ranked in the top 15 with natural losses occuring over the next 3 weeks. They have a bye before the game, too. And they may even have half the crowd.

In any event, there remains no team on the schedule that Ohio State shouldn't beat -- with or without Miller.

And while SDS was horrific, it was nice to get Barnett and Roby back, who both had nice games. It was also nice to get Linsley back at center. Hopefully Adolphus will be ready to go for Cal.

Comment

• So, the only difference b/t OSU/M schedules is that Cal stinks. Typically, a road game against even a mediocre P12 team, which Cal has been for awhile, is harder than ND at home. Certainly that's been the case for M this century.

So, ND > Cal. Central, Akron and UConn are god-fucking-awful. You could take an "all-star" team from that group and they still couldn't come within 4 TDs of a decent team.

Comment

• Guiton is a good QB who could start at over half the programs in the conference, but from the Michigan perspective, I'd rather face a good "game manager" over Miller anydays.

Comment

• Correct. There's a reason why Miller starts and Guiton doesn't.

Comment

• So, the only difference b/t OSU/M schedules is that Cal stinks. Typically, a road game against even a mediocre P12 team, which Cal has been for awhile, is harder than ND at home. Certainly that's been the case for M this century.
                            It was truly spectacular to suck the oxygen out of college football in its entirety yet again, largest crowd to ever watch a college football game. Prime time national TV broadcast, the largest stage in America. Oh when Titans clash, wonder what the ratings were?

Last, were there any other games last weekend?

Understandably the Bucknut mason jar is 1/2 empty as usual.
                            Last edited by Optimus Prime; September 9, 2013, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• I haven't watched either of OSU's games this year, knowing what Gadawful contests they would be, but just I checked Guiton's stats, and he averaged a paltry 5.4 yards per pass attempt against San Diego State. Considering the supporting cast that he has and the competition, that's ridiculously pathetic. He averages 5.9 ypa for his career. I might take back what I said about him being a good QB. His numbers indicate "Craig Krenzel, but mobile". A guy like that doesn't "win" games. He lets his supporting cast do it for him.

Comment

• I have one M fan saying Guiton is a better passer than Braxton Miller and another saying he's not good.

I dunno. He was 10/13 for 102 in the first half. Ohio State must have thrown 8 or 9 short little WR "screens" to the outside and none of them broke. So, he had a fair number of 3-5 yard completions.

He's a good QB for that offense. He runs it well and when he's in it's still a strong offense.

Braxton Miller is, obviously, better. He has a much stronger arm and is a more dynamic runner. As I said, the only thing Guiton really does better is read running plays.

Guiton isn't going to hold OSU's supporting cast back at all. So, he'll win games where OSU is better. And that's most, if not all, of them on their schedule.

Miller is the guy you need to win games where OSU is otherwise out-talented.

Comment

Working...
                                X