Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good God ..... can't wait for The Game week starting November 23rd.

May be a seminal event.

The best set up will be osu, ranked #1 riding an 11 game undefeated record coming to the Big House to meet a Harbaugh coached 2 non-divisional loss Michigan team with a shot at the East title and a trip to the BIG Ten Championship game at stake for both teams.

Until then, we should all STFU.

Let it be.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• 1969 deja vu!

Comment

• Yes. I was there. I will be there with my son, Sean, in 2015.

Win or lose it will be a great event.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It will be the first time in over a decade that Michigan will take the field, and look OlieO straight in the eyeball, and say, "lets go".

All the ohio acclaim will be meaningless come kickoff time.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Watch it!!! Talent and Co. are taking notes!!!!!!!

Comment

• I'm sure they are, Oracle.

I keep waiting for Talent to post something that I wrote back in July of 2002.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• You guys sure gotta create your stories where you can, huh?
                So, so, so ironic. See Weber, Mike. In any event, as far as I can tell the "story" on this forum is a disagreement amongst M fans. So, M fans even created that one, too!

It will be the first time in over a decade that Michigan will take the field, and look OlieO straight in the eyeball, and say, "lets go"
                Coach Hoke's Teams always played above their heads against OSU. They never feared. JH's teams won't either.

Watch it!!! Talent and Co. are taking notes!!!!!!!
                Notes? You can swing a dead cat in here and find something absolutely a M fan said that is absolutely fucking laughable. You guys are ALWAYS so, SO wrong. I'm sure that was even borne out when JH was hired and his abillity to save the 2015 class.

May be a seminal event.
                Or it may just be M's 11th loss in 12 seasons.
                Last edited by iam416; February 8, 2015, 07:56 AM.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If the abhorrent conduct of Urban Fradulant Inducer Meyer is the measure of rational and decent coach in the handling of Weber, I will take that as a compliment.
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    ......... Coach Hoke's Teams always played above their heads against OSU. They never feared. JH's teams won't either.

Or it may just be M's 11th loss in 12 seasons.
                    What's funny (really, not so funny) is that the last time osu traveled to AA, M's boys came as close as one stupid play call away from getting a little revenge for a decade of getting their noses rubbed in it.

What's that time honored factoid? Trend towards the mean or something like that?

It's time. M had its fun, osu has had theirs. Despite the ludicrous nature of the last decade when it comes to The Game, the all time record in The Game is 58-46-6.

My manual count may be off but by it and since 1969, the record in The Game is 21-22. Pretty amazing given the toilet that this great rivalry game has been in for the last decade.

While it's just a piece of the pie of the legacy Harbaugh will leave at M, how he fares against osu is going to be a huge piece of it in the minds of any M fan with a long term stake in it.

Most will remember what Michigan QB, Jim Harbaugh, said before traveling to c-bus in 1986 for The Game. In an infamous interview before it he said, "I guarantee we'll beat Ohio State and be in Pasadena New Year's Day ...... People might not give us a snowball's chance in hell to beat them in Columbus, but we're going to.''

Schembechler reportedly retorted in the locker room before heading to the filed, "Our quarterback shot his mouth off, so we have to put the cash behind the check. ''

Harbaugh and M did, coming back from a 14-3 half time deficit to beat the bucks 28-26. Harbaugh passed for 261 yards, Jamie Morris rushed for 210 yards and two touchdowns.

So, yeah, I like the tweet and all its implications. My view is that it has little to do with Mike Weber and more to do with laying the gauntlet down.

About time.
                    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; February 8, 2015, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• Time for one of your alltime great memories, Jeff!!!

[youtube]HHjWpxcFWbE[/youtube]

Feel free to counter with highlights from 1904 or 1923

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                        What's funny (really, not so funny) is that the last time osu traveled to AA, M's boys came as close as one stupid play call away from getting a little revenge for a decade of getting their noses rubbed in it.

What's that time honored factoid? Trend towards the mean or something like that?

It's time. M had its fun, osu has had theirs. Despite the ludicrous nature of the last decade when it comes to The Game, the all time record in The Game is 58-46-6.

My manual count may be off but by it and since 1969, the record in The Game is 21-22. Pretty amazing given the toilet that this great rivalry game has been in for the last decade.

While it's just a piece of the pie of the legacy Harbaugh will leave at M, how he fares against osu is going to be a huge piece of it in the minds of any M fan with a long term stake in it.

Most will remember what Michigan QB, Jim Harbaugh, said before traveling to c-bus in 1986 for The Game. In an infamous interview before it he said, "I guarantee we'll beat Ohio State and be in Pasadena New Year's Day ...... People might not give us a snowball's chance in hell to beat them in Columbus, but we're going to.''

Schembechler reportedly retorted in the locker room before heading to the filed, "Our quarterback shot his mouth off, so we have to put the cash behind the check. ''

Harbaugh and M did, coming back from a 14-3 half time deficit to beat the bucks 28-26. Harbaugh passed for 261 yards, Jamie Morris rushed for 210 yards and two touchdowns.

So, yeah, I like the tweet and all its implications. My view is that it has little to do with Mike Weber and more to do with laying the gauntlet down.

About time.
                        Right here. I could give 2 shits about Weber.

Comment

• Strange ....... on highlight reels from 1904. Not going there. Interestingly though, in the age of modern football and (cherry picking) going back to 1969, it's pretty even.

The last ten years have sucked, but osu had it's suckage during the cooper years. Granted, different kinds of suck, at least osu was good then, it was just ..... COOPER.

M since 2006 has been just gawed awful. So, there is that.

During Game week, 2015, I'll pull out the highlight reels if it looks like Harbaugh has M on the upswing and is going to challenge the bucks with a record going in to The Game something north of .750. That will make it fun again. It has not been fun recently and even talent felt sorry for us ...... he's coming out of that funk though. He better.

Comment

• Last 5 Years: 4-1, OSU
                            Last 10 Years: 9-1, OSU
                            Last 15 Years: 12-3, OSU
                            Last 20 Years: 13-7, OSU
                            Last 25 Years: 14-10-1, OSU
                            Last 30 Years: 15-14-1, OSU
                            Last 35 Years: 18-16-1, OSU
                            Last 40 Years: 20-19-1, OSU
                            Last 45 Years: 23-20-2, OSU
                            Last 50 Years: 26-22-2, OSU
                            Last 55 Years: 30-23-2, OSU
                            Last 60 Years: 33-25-2, OSU
                            Last 65 Years: 35-28-2, OSU
                            Last 70 Years: 35-32-3, OSU
                            Last 75 Years: 37-34-4, OSU
                            Last 80 Years: 40-36-4, OSU
                            Last 85 Years: 42-39-4, OSU
                            Last 90 Years: 44-42-4, OSU
                            Last 95 Years: 46-45-4, OSU
                            Last 100 Years: 47-46-4, OSU
                            Last 105 Years: 47-48-5, Michigan

Demonstrates the era in which Michigan acquired its alltime edge in the series record: pre-WWI.

Michigan had the edge in the 20's. OSU had the edge in the Depression years. Michigan then was dominant in the post-WWII era until Woody was hired. Woody dominated the 50's and 60's until Bo was hired and the series was basically dead even after that until Cooper. Over the present era OSU has dominated even more so than Michigan did during the Cooper years.

So is Michigan due for a rebound? Maybe. OSU is currently dominating the series in a way not seen since those early Fielding Yost days before OSU was even in the Western Conf.

Comment

• It has not been fun recently and even talent felt sorry for us ...... he's coming out of that funk though. He better.
                              Eh, it's nothing new. I had to get saucy to beat back Hoke:UFM comparisons, predictions of the coming 10-year war therebetween and claims that Hoke would outlast UFM by years upon years. Those were not merely OP opinions, but rather widely held amongst the denizens here. I recall roughly the same bold predictions when RichGOD was hired and how his offense was going to revolutionize the B10. Unfortunately, that particular record is ashes and dust with the great WC crash of '11.

Speaking of which, boy would I like to sass Jamie H. He was right at the top of the list of galactically wrong.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• past performance does not guarantee future results
                                Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
                                X