Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As far as HC searches go, Brandon is a lazy, inept bastard.

Hoke lucked into the "opportunity of lifetime" when celestial alignment favored Hoke beyond imagination.

Hoke as spent the last 4 years pinching himself each morning to check that he's not dreaming and the remainder of each day in wonderment as to why he has not been fired yet.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• And what is even more sad, he probably bought himself a couple more weeks in the HC office by yesterday's performance. That's the thought process at the Fort right now.

At least the "we can still win the Big Ten" crap talk will stop now.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yep, and I can still get Jessica Biel into my bed. I can still swim across the English Channel. I can still perform a one-man play on Broadway. I can still convince Dave Brandon that he's an arrogant douche bag...
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
          As far as HC searches go, Brandon is a lazy, inept bastard.
          Not lazy -- he wanted a yes man, it seems. The most important thing in his mind was that he could meddle, which a higher-profile candidate wasn't going to let him do.

Comment

• I wonder how much DB will screw Michigan for when he negotiates his royalty fee for renaming Michigan Stadium as "Dave Brandon's World"?
            Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 5, 2014, 10:54 AM.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Incidentally, OSU's offense, which is coming around a bit, features the 2nd most "inexperienced" OL in the country, a new starting RB and, of course, a new QB thrown in to the fire halfway through summer camp. These things (and some poor in-game adjustments) probably cost them the VT game. I'd love to re-do on that, but that ain't how things work.

If you were looking at "start" rankings, OSU's OL certainly doesn't have it. Elliot and Barret were both highly regard but, again, the OL is mostly 3* type kids for now.

Not that Hoke and Funk need any more damnation, but, well, they do. You can't heap enough scorn and damnation upon that level of ineptitude.
              Hoke and Funk don't need any more damnation, but there are still people out there who will buy the "youth" excuse hook, line, and sinker.

The funny thing is, the offensive line hasn't really been the culprit this year. It's terrible DB and QB play this time around. Our passing offense and passing defense are as shockingly inept as our offensive line from last year. We are also -13 on turnovers and we are on pace to force 4 total turnovers this year.
              Last edited by Hannibal; October 6, 2014, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                ?.........The funny thing is, the offensive line hasn't really been the culprit this year. It's terrible DB and QB play this time around.
                It's better and in technical terms that's a positive but it's is terribly inconsistent with the same mistakes being made over and over again at least that is the way the UFRs portray it.

While it's true, Green misses a lot of the holes which the play was designed to create on early downs, creating more third and longs than can be tolerated, there are less of those being identified than you would like. Similarly, downfield blocking is often an issue when the runner or receiver gets into space.

I'm fine with that if it didn't happen with the alarming frequency it happens. That to me points to coaching. I also think while Gardner does lose his composure, in his career at Michigan he has been pounded to a pulp. On those numerous third and longs, he is more likely to be facing 6 or 7 pass rushers on defenses that key on the weakness in M's offense to make plays designed to leverage that kind of D. There is no pocket or if there is, it breaks down so quickly Gardner bails for fear of getting crushed.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Even when he doesn't get pressured, Gardner sucks horribly. He is just independently, irredeemably horrible this year. I don't like our O-line per se but this year's O-line on last year's team wins the Penn State and Iowa games easily. The staff got a little bit of development out of Miller and Glasgow but they have more than made up for it by destroying the careers of Devin Gardner and Blake Countess while completely neutering Jake Ryan with the new scheme. Two forced turnovers in six games. Two. The new defense is a catastrophe.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; October 6, 2014, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• Countess will be fine in the NFL. He has the coverage skills. Will soon enough be just another example of talent wasted at Michigan.

Am very interested to know who put Ryan at MLB.

Comment

• I'm just as interested in who put Roy Manning as the DB coach. I wonder if Urban Meyer or Nick Saban have ever done something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        Even when he doesn't get pressured, Gardner sucks horribly. He is just independently, irredeemably horrible this year. I don't like our O-line per se but this year's O-line on last year's team wins the Penn State and Iowa games easily.
                        Horribly, and without the Borges excuse. Nussmeier has a track record with useable quarterbacks.
                        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• So Gardner pulled a Delonte West your mom, I guess?

Comment

• The OHIO BULL$HIT THREAD - They like them Grown & Sexy!-

What's your excuse for the irrational exuberance?. You and DG have a night together?. OP was right about you.
                            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• OP's not stupid. He speaks from personal experience.

Comment

• I think it is wonderful that OP and Hack celebrate their relationship on the day that the Supreme Court indirectly acknowledges their union.

Comment

Working...
                                X