Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife, Ann, always tells me ...... don't wring your hands over events that have not yet transpired. I can see the logical extension of 2013/7-5/MSU to the Rose to MSU owns the state and a lost (to M) of a generation of youngsters.

This is CFB. It does not always make a lot of sense. The obvious situation of GM building expensive shit and looking the other way while Toyota and Honda built inexpensive, quality cars gaining market share in the process did and still does. Not to mention that GM is doing pretty well these days ..... granted they got rid of a lot dead weight and retooled almost everything but hey, they had stock holders. We are not stock holders. Sorry about that.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• OSU hoops now ranked higher than OSU football. Bah.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Not necessarily WRT M, but I'm not feeling OSU this year. I think LQR has to be Thomas for this to work. Unless everyone else got shittier too. Certainly in the conference M and IU probably did.

Comment

• Jeff - But we buy their expensive shit. The only option we have is not to buy their shit. That strategy punishes ourselves as well as the miscreants and induces change only at a glacial speed - unless the funding drops at a significant and rapid rate. That requires an equally steep downturn in product quality...or black bag operations, like we saw in the He Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken era. I don't want any further descent in quality, my paltry pennies mean little in the overall scheme, and its the feeling of powerlessness in the face of such corruption that is most irritating.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Hack:

I feel the same way about this OSU team at this stage as I did about last year's OSU team at the same stage. That is to say, not overly optimistic. Hopefully this year's team will surprise me a bit. It's going to have to come from LQR or possibly Sam Thompson.

Comment

• I've read it a couple times, and I think I agree with what Jon said ...
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I think he's saying bring back RichGOD!

Comment

• The 30 for 30 Youngstown Boys airs Saturday after the Heisman. I'm fairly excited to see it. I think Maurice Clarett's story is a remarkable one and one that is definitely worth telling. Tressel is far less interesting, but I think the focus will be on Maurice. I'd guess Geiger comes off looking bad. But Maurice, his path and where he is now is just a good story -- for those that like stories of redemption.

Art Schlichter would be a hell of a 30 for 30, too, but more in the totally unsympathetic Heart of Darkness downward spiral into oblivion and depravity.

Comment

• Clarett is in a good place these days?
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Hopefully for him, its not jail.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I thought I heard them say he was living in Marina Del Rey...if that's the case, yeah, he's in a good place.

Comment

• Clarett is in a good place these days?
                          Yeah, he is. Mentally and with the law for sure. I think he still has to grind like the rest of us on the financial side, but from where he was, yes. Very good place.

I reiterate my request for a Schlichter 30/30.

Comment

• Art reminds me too much of Denny McLain, without the periods of success
                            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I too am looking foreward to Youngstown Boys.

I also happen to think that OSU basketball is a really good team, and possibly a National Champion.

Comment

• He went to back to college after living the thug life.

Comment

Working...
                                X